Fordmods Logo

BRY40L 

Page 3 of 76 [ 1140 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 76  Next

Post subject: Re: BRY40L's el 5 speed, engines out..
Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

engines out box is off the motor fly wheel and clutch is off, all the engine wiring loom is removed from the motor, just need to fit it to the ef engine and fit flywheel clutch etc and drop it in, also have to fit the dizzy

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

well i got everything finished yesterday for the car and put the box back on the motor, was going to drop it in today and hopefully have it running this arvo but of course its pissing down, just my luck, looks like ill be busy on the weekend

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 1991 Ford Fairmont Ghia

New Zealand

Haha always in the weekend ae. Was it much hassle pulling motors out?
Thinking of pulling out the ed motor and putting it in the ea, and build the 3.9 up, give the 4 liter a thrashing :P

Build Thread - More of a mismatch of parts :P the-garage-f53/seftons-ea-t106586.html

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

not hard at all, just check EVERY THINGS disconnected and it should be rite, also if your taking the box out with it watch the map sensor or whatever it is mounted on the top passenger side of the firewall, mine got broken while taking the whole lot out in one piece :(

BF XR6

Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

engines in but need to fit the gbox, couldnt drop the lot in so i had to unbolt it and try again

BF XR6

Post subject: Re: BRY40L's el 5 speed, engines back in..
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

gearbox is in, engine fires but wont start,one fuel line is longer than another so they only reach one way so is there any way they could still be wrong and i need to switch them around? it fires when i put fuel down the throttle body and throws a flame aparently my mate said
any ideas are much apreciated

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:43 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

ignition timing is out...

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

thats also what i thought, just need to borrow a timing light, how much should it be set at when its normally idling without it in diagnostic mode?

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:36 pm 

NSW, Australia

aprox 20 deg btdc, by the sounds of your description i would say the dizzy is out by 1 tooth..

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

but its such a C*** to set up :( lol

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:20 pm 

NSW, Australia

its easy dude..lol

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
its easy dude..lol

+1 set the balancer to TDC number 1, and make sure the rotor button is pointing to no1 spark plug lead, and then it should be about right.

Gab

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

its not easy when i cant get my hand in there and im already in a bad mood with the car lol,
set it all up propery now and the alternator died in the fairmont trying to charge the other battery on the jumperleads, now i have 2 flat batterys and my registered car has a dud alternater, ill probably puch f**k outta somthing soon and break my hand lol

so close yet so far

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

well the el started, just didnt sound very healthy as it has stail petrol and the engine in it hasent been started for 3 years, it will idle, altho a little rough, and it wont rev very easily , only ran it for roughly 1-2 minutes as i have no trans fluid in the gearbox, or in the p steering pump, i just wanted to hit the key and hear it run without stalling, just want to get a timing light on it and fresh petrol in it tomorrow when i have money, also some trans fluid lol, also need to throw my spare alternator that was in the back of the el in the ef and see if it worked,
also swapped the ef computer with my spare one to see if that had anything to do with it not charging and i may have ruined the ecu charging the other battery but it only seemed to fix the problem i have on start up when it used to miss fire badly since when i first got it, bit late fixing that problem now when it runs outta rego in 8 days :roll:

BF XR6

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 76  [ 1140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 76  Next