Fordmods Logo

BRY40L 

Page 1 of 76 [ 1140 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 76  Next

Post subject: BRY40L
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

well i got bored and ive decided to start the build thread for my el which could be getting dropped off by a fordmods member on monday arvo by car float.

its a silver el falcon 5 speed with 170000kms but needs an engine as the gears been stripped on the aux shaft, once i get it running it will be getting blue slipped and alot of parts from the ef fairmont will be finding its way into the el like trip computer mid series dash, im stuck on the fence weather to fit the ef fairmont seats or score a set of el xr seats off a family friend (if i have the money for them) i can also possibly buy an xr bonnet with the vents but i could also just buy the vents and add them to my original bonnet at a later date, i will fit my lowered springs one day when i get a camber kit for the front, will fit my 2.5 inch mandrel bent exhaust also but only after i fit a resonator to shut the droning up and probably also fit a higher flow cat while im there, i wont be doing alot to the looks of the car i think ill be going for more performance as i wouldnt mind doing a few 1/4 mile runs and just have fun with it . here are some pics after a quick wash,
ImageImageImageImageImage

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Last edited by bry40l on Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:26 am, edited 21 times in total.

Post subject: Re: BRY40L's el 5 speed(coming soon to a forum near you)
Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

well the beast turned up today but shes lookin a bit sad, needs an engine, p/s pump matching rims etc, will post up pictures tonite or tomorrow, lucky ive got 1 spare car to rape for the goodies, its just 3 1/2 hours away but ive got plenty of time without full time work, ill have the b**ch runnin like a jem in no time,

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:37 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XR6 BAII

NSW, Australia

Hey mate we all have to start somewhere right?! It would be great to post up some 'before' pictures (wish I had taken some before pictures -,-). You have the parts car so you're pretty much set, good luck with the build!

Watching your progress from the interwebs
53XR6

2005 Falcon BAII XR6
'Random' Breath tests: 28
Blow-overs: 0
Defect stops: 11
Defects: 6
Breakdowns: 1

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

id put xr seats in it.
also unless u cut holes in your bonnet you wont be able to put on el xr vents. unless u buy the $25 ones from autobarn and stick em on lol

hows thr body ? free of rust and straight

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

53XR6 wrote:
Hey mate we all have to start somewhere right?! It would be great to post up some 'before' pictures (wish I had taken some before pictures -,-). You have the parts car so you're pretty much set, good luck with the build!

Watching your progress from the interwebs
53XR6

yes we sure do, altho this is my third attempt! already destroyed 2 ef fairmonts, 1st one i drove like a f**k wit in it and it never held up, plus my mates used to borrow it wich never helps a weak diff and btr trans, and the second one was immaculate and cost me alot of money but 1 week later copped hail damage and wasent insured so its just been driven as a daily until it dont drive no more, this things going to be my baby though, already given it a name :oops: my mate also suggested some before and after pics but i broke my samsung galaxy and dont have a digi camera :(

BF XR6

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
id put xr seats in it.
also unless u cut holes in your bonnet you wont be able to put on el xr vents. unless u buy the $25 ones from autobarn and stick em on lol

hows the body ? free of rust and straight

i think ill just stick with the seats in it for now they are in really awesome nik, and ill sell off my 2 spare fairmont interiors, as for the vents i wouldnt stick em on like a fag id get the 4 inch ozito out of have a crack lol
as for the body it does need some attention but no rust, both my old cars had termites in the body in a couple of places,

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

just got offered a jim mock dev 5 engine that had 230 odd rwhp fairly cheap but i dont have enough :x

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Cutting holes would be dodge as lol

To get them looking half decent you'd have to find out the measurements, And what angle the vents are on .

How much is the jmm dev 5 motor . ?

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

cheap! lol, yea i think ill steer clear of the vents all together, just washed 9 months of s**t off the car because it was parked under a tree and shes lookin sexy, got a few dents here n there but nothin too serious no rust around the back window, or front, ill upload some pictures when my mum gets home with her iphone,

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

pictures are uploaded, click on them to open them up bigger

BF XR6

Post subject: Re: BRY40L's el 5 speed, pictures uploaded
Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Check under the sill for rust . I was looking at a el xr6 and I was going to buy it . Checked under the sill it was all rusty and dented. Cya's later lol
No point now as u already have it .

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

sills are good, which is unusual most e series are rusted out under there i think it was garaged until the motor stopped

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ive managed to get the manifold off the exhaust, disconnected the wiring loom/vaccum lines and throttle /cruise cables and polished the passenger side of the car, all this since 11:30 with lots and lots of bludging and playing the computer in between lol, keen on gettin the old b**ch running! mite be traveling to my dads tomorrow to get the spare engine out and a few spare bits that may come in handy, i think ill be starting it next week some time if all goes to plan which will be awesom because im doing everything my self and ive never done an engine swap alone nor have i done many in my life with other people,

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

incase no one has realised having mismatched rims on your falcon is the new thing! better than vns with chasers braaahhh! :mrgreen:
not 1 wheel matches another, you cant get cooler than that fellas,

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

today im working this morning but once im finished ill be buying some spanners to finish preparing the engine to come out, just have to disconnect the heater pipes and unbolt the gear box/starter motor, mite need to borrow an engine crane tomorrow or sunday

BF XR6

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 76  [ 1140 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 76  Next