Fordmods Logo

Chris' EL Gli 

 

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

 
 Post subject: Re: Chris' EL Gli
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 15

Joined: 18th Jun 2011

Ride: El Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

TheELghia wrote:
Such a clean EL!! how many k's shes done?
its a real good kanvas to start with too!! the amount of s**t you can do to it is limitless
looking forward to whats going to happen next ;)


thanks mate :) she is in great condition, done 181,600, yeaa plenty of things to do atm just pautting a few items from fairmont ghias


Well done mate....Congratulations.[/quote]

thanks man :)

cheers
Chris
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris' EL Gli
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 4599

Joined: 30th Aug 2010

Ride: BF XR6,

Location: NEWCASTLE
NSW, Australia

i have a fairmont boot garnish from an ef fairmont if your interested ?

 

_________________

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris' EL Gli
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:43 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 22

Posts: 337

Joined: 30th Apr 2011

Ride: '97 EL Fairmont Ghia

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

CVK11 wrote:
thanks mate :) she is in great condition, done 181,600, yeaa plenty of things to do atm just pautting a few items from fairmont ghias

cheers
Chris


Really? i would have guessed around 150,000 ish. Thats cool. Get some NL lane stuff as well. Chromey bits, cornering lamps (providing you have a 'monty front) etc.
Look the goods ;)

 

_________________

The EL ghia
^^^^^^^^^^

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris' EL Gli
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:15 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 15

Joined: 18th Jun 2011

Ride: El Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

bry40l wrote:
i have a fairmont boot garnish from an ef fairmont if your interested ?


Cheers for the offer mate but i plan on keeping the EL tailights, so it might look outta place?

TheELghia wrote:
CVK11 wrote:
thanks mate :) she is in great condition, done 181,600, yeaa plenty of things to do atm just pautting a few items from fairmont ghias

cheers
Chris


Really? i would have guessed around 150,000 ish. Thats cool. Get some NL lane stuff as well. Chromey bits, cornering lamps (providing you have a 'monty front) etc.
Look the goods ;)


Yeaa, dad looked after her well had been sitting around for a year or so. yea i found a guy parting out a NF lane picked up the woodgrain dash spear, chrome tbar and handbrake button, and chrome door handles got pics hopefully will put them up tonight.

also bought a set of 4 woodgrain door spears from ebay for $30 i thought seemed cheap they are still waiting to go in.

is someone able to tell me if NF side exterior door moulds will fit straight onto my el?

Cheers Chris
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris' EL Gli
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:37 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 22

Posts: 337

Joined: 30th Apr 2011

Ride: '97 EL Fairmont Ghia

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Niice. Yea always good to get a lil classy woodgrain and chrome here and there.

With the NF door moulds, they should fit. you just gotta remove your current black strip first, obviously :P Then again the rear door moulds might be a bit too long due to the fairlane wheel base. If thats the case, hunt for a el fairmont ;)

 

_________________

The EL ghia
^^^^^^^^^^

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris' EL Gli
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:08 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 15

Joined: 18th Jun 2011

Ride: El Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

TheELghia wrote:
Niice. Yea always good to get a lil classy woodgrain and chrome here and there.

With the NF door moulds, they should fit. you just gotta remove your current black strip first, obviously :P Then again the rear door moulds might be a bit too long due to the fairlane wheel base. If thats the case, hunt for a el fairmont ;)


Yea i quite like the woodgrain, chrome combination.

yea was thinking the rear might be longer. Might look out for an EF mont. As the EL's have the chrome pinstrip through them, which i like but might look odd not having it in the front a rear bumper, do you think it would look odd?

cheers for the reply.

anyway some new pics

Chrome handles before and after, im sure you all know, but im really happy with the improvement.

Image

Image

i was given the steering wheel cover by some friends thought it doesnt look to bad, covers the peeling wheel for the time being untill i find a good wheel. Few pics with the cover, woodgrain spear and chrome bits.

Image

Image

And now with the P Plates

Image

Image

How comfortable are the EL Fairmont velour seats as i have seen a set, might grab them or ill just look out for leather

Cheers Guys
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris' EL Gli
Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:12 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 4599

Joined: 30th Aug 2010

Ride: BF XR6,

Location: NEWCASTLE
NSW, Australia

its just the chrome strip above the number plate from the boot

 

_________________

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris' EL Gli
Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:53 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 22

Posts: 337

Joined: 30th Apr 2011

Ride: '97 EL Fairmont Ghia

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

CVK11 wrote:
yea was thinking the rear might be longer. Might look out for an EF mont. As the EL's have the chrome pinstrip through them, which i like but might look odd not having it in the front a rear bumper, do you think it would look odd?

cheers for the reply.


It wouldn't look that wierd really, don't forget, it was only the ghia that had the chrome strips on the front and rear. fairmonts just had them on the side.

 

_________________

The EL ghia
^^^^^^^^^^

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris' EL Gli
Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:46 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 15

Joined: 18th Jun 2011

Ride: El Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

bry40l wrote:
its just the chrome strip above the number plate from the boot


cheers for the offer man :) but i dont think i want the spear.

TheELghia wrote:
CVK11 wrote:
yea was thinking the rear might be longer. Might look out for an EF mont. As the EL's have the chrome pinstrip through them, which i like but might look odd not having it in the front a rear bumper, do you think it would look odd?

cheers for the reply.


It wouldn't look that wierd really, don't forget, it was only the ghia that had the chrome strips on the front and rear. fairmonts just had them on the side.


didnt think about that it looks fine cheers dude!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris' EL Gli
Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:39 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 398

Joined: 16th May 2010

Ride: 2010 G6E

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

my el fairmont only has chrome on the door moulds, and YES the fairlane ones will fit, the extended bit was seperate anyway as it extended after the rear door.
white and chrome looks nice, plus if you buy that boot spear, i've got a chrome numberplate surround you can have for $20 plus postage, all it needs is a clean.

nice clean el, i recon color coded mirrors and grill insert, and in the future, a power window conversion.

 

_________________

be good or be good at it.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris' EL Gli
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:21 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 15

Joined: 18th Jun 2011

Ride: El Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Its been a while since i have updated this, but i picked up some woodgrain door spears and put them in.

Image

I sandblasted my wipers and repainted them black as they were peeling and looking crap. also sanded down the quarter panel window surround and painted it black alsong with the weather strips and front window strips.

Image

Image

Image

I installed a new headunit, i can change the illumination colours from red blue green orange white etc... which is quite cool. I also installed the trip computer.

Image

Image

Picked up some fairmont door moulds and clear repeaters so got them painted along with my mirrors and grill, looks much nicer than before.

Image

Image

Image

I have also changed the dash lights to white SMD LEDS which look great will get some pics, and also put in front and rear foot well lights. I picked up some NL leather seats which im cleaning up and then need to modify slightly.

Next is to lower it slightly and put an exhaust on,

Cheers
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris' EL Gli
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:49 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 2091

Joined: 3rd Apr 2008

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

I just figured out I'm the guy you bought the door moulds from.

Nice looking car, I like what you are doing to it. :D
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Chris' EL Gli
Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:24 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 15

Joined: 18th Jun 2011

Ride: El Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

SLO247 wrote:
I just figured out I'm the guy you bought the door moulds from.

Nice looking car, I like what you are doing to it. :D


Oh really haha, cheers again.

Thanks mate just slowly changing things
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:43 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names