Chris's Turbo EF Rebuild Log 

Page 8 of 10 [ 145 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post subject: Re: Chris's Turbo EF Rebuild Log
Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:28 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EFII Fairmont XR8

TAS, Australia

huggiebear wrote:
atleast it was clean engine oil.. im sure they serve you worse at maccas...

Oh the irony..! haha!

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford EF - Garret TO4Z

TAS, Australia

ok its been a while since i last posted, iv orderd the new bearings from acl, they are the competition ones with the extra clearance for both the main and big ends, i pulled th(e transmission down to componet parts so i can properly @cleant case for painting, might clean it up tomorow

also rear main and intake gasket will arrive next wednessday

heaps of pics comeing, might include a step by step transmission assembly

ill be bolting the crank in as soon as i have worked out oil clearances

Crank Assembly balanced, HV oil pump, ACL Trimetal bearings, "1 extra oil clearance taking to around 0.0650-0.0700 on mains and big ends, Moly rings,, Xr6 Cam, POD ( Possibly oversize injectors), Block, Head, Timing cover, belt idler, Alternator,painted in ford light blue

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

lol re:that Nazi chap on the bike

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1994 Ford EF Fairmont Ghia Sedan

VIC, Australia

So did you finally finish the build? And where are these pics you promised :lol:

Looking good mate

1994 ford fairmont ghia - Currently 302 with T5 - Work in progress :P

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

i havent posted in a while because well ive been hell busy , over 100 pics to post, engines togeather apart from rockers and head chain guide bolt and ill have to get a spigot bearing remover

heres some teasers untill i can get on a proper computer

ImageImage

And heres some transmission pics

Crank Assembly balanced, HV oil pump, ACL Trimetal bearings, "1 extra oil clearance taking to around 0.0650-0.0700 on mains and big ends, Moly rings,, Xr6 Cam, POD ( Possibly oversize injectors), Block, Head, Timing cover, belt idler, Alternator,painted in ford light blue

Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

grats mate looking really good

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

bit of an update , rockers have aarrived, will celan them up tomorow

Just putting some parts of my trans mission back togeather, got a overhaul kit for $400

will post pics soon, project very close to being completed, Exawst and a few other things and she will be on the road

Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

well its practically been a year since ive started, just relaxing , gearbox is next to me , all back togeather with a $400 kit put through it, set of rockers behind me on a table ready to get cleaned up,, all i really need now is an exawst and some oil and some hours to put ,,, oh and an extentionhousing seal lol >< well anyhow should be pretty soon i get to start this quite a spikey leaning curve up and hope for the best,

ps. whoever put double hex bolts on the btrs can go and get fked lol

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

well well it has been so long, i started the engine about 3 weeks ago, ran for 2000rpm for 20 mins, went for a drive and it was going to change into second gear and starts free reving , look in my rearview and there is oil on the road so i parked it outside my house had a look under it and the band servo cover on the right hand side of the gearbox , the one with the circlip thing that holds it, with the pistons in it, the circlip came half off and it popped out and p****d atf fluid everyware, 30mins of me working to get it back on with burning hot atf fluid all over my hands i finnally got it back on, filled the box back up and took it for a slow drive to test it, fixed, as of tonight there is 130kms on the new engine, one of the hla's makes some noise so ill have to get to that, put new leads and spark plugs in today, as it was having coughing and spluttering/ backfiring missing problems, that seems to have fixed it slightly still chokes when planted at idle still so im working to find the problem, tryed 3 coil packs i had lying around

sounds absoluley fking awsome,

a huge thanks to everybody who helped me with questions ive had along the way and problems ive encounterd,i will post pictures as soon as i get my phone back

:S

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

For a new engine i would not be revving it hard at all. Take it nice and slow for AT LEAST the first 2000kms and dont stick on the one speed. Tough luck with the clip coming off but all good now :mrgreen:

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

yeah that cover was a real pain in the a** with a cat half an inch away from my hand with transmission fluid burning away on with fumes going every ware meh lol, was so luckey it didant do any damage to the gearbox

slowly fixing a few problems, im going for the not babying the engine approach, keeping it under 3000rpm

also, there has been litrally no smoke coming out,, oil level has not changed so i unno the moly rings must of bedded in pretty quick which is pretty awsome already trip computer is giving 9-12l/per 100k when crusesing so its already got good fuel economy, i was under the impression untill everything beds in proplery they use a fair bit of juice

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Peacock EB Falcon

QLD, Australia

Please tell me you are going to paint the rocker cover red :D

Wanted, CFI manifold

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

well it was going to be polished but then id have to keep cleaning it, so yeah reds going to go on it

also pulled the rocker cover off and it looks so dam clean its awsome it looks so new :S

using penright running in engine oil

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

well the exawst had a well few holes me and a mate tediosley welded most of them up, there is a huge improvement but still a little bit of coughing, i think the flange gasket if leaking

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

added xr6 cam today, slightley more lumpy

glassing up a crack in front bar

Sort by  
 Page 8 of 10  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next