Page 2 of 20 [ 297 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

Post subject: Re: Ef turbo build
Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:28 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EB turbo

Power: 276 rwkw

SA, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
i think keeping the std size clutch with 300-350rwhp you would need at least a ceramic button or cushion button cluch to help avoid clutch slip..

i went with the larger organic cluch so i could keep smooth drivabillity and a fair cluch pedal feel as i dive my car pretty much daily

ok cheers for that ill just go with a cushion button and see how it goes, if it wasn't booked in for tuning on monday id have looked into the other options but ill post up how things go. cheers again.

EB 2,T5, snort kit, 3 inch, 044, turbosmart reg, LC1, 46lb, crow cam, EMS stinger
Now with 275.7 rwkw @13 psi

Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef XR6t

QLD, Australia

EB/F XR6T wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
i think keeping the std size clutch with 300-350rwhp you would need at least a ceramic button or cushion button cluch to help avoid clutch slip..

i went with the larger organic cluch so i could keep smooth drivabillity and a fair cluch pedal feel as i dive my car pretty much daily

ok cheers for that ill just go with a cushion button and see how it goes, if it wasn't booked in for tuning on monday id have looked into the other options but ill post up how things go. cheers again.

yeah i was going to get the cushioned button kit from npc cause it was only 600ish and use my standard flywheel but im kinda liking the idea of the xr6t lightened flywheel & organic clutch. Owell you live and you learn haha. Might just use what i have for now and when it fails ill upgrade. Its brand new and i dont really wanna waste it.

UPDATE:
took the car for a spin this arvo after i tweaked a few things under the bonnet and fitted the front bumper, havent pushed it over 0-2psi as i dont wanna break anything before it goes on the dyno. Flutters so easy even at that pressure and the blow off valve went off at like 2psi..... set so soft.

I may need to get a turbo blanket as the exhaust heats up the intake pipe going into the throttle body. Either that or the mouth isnt big enough for the FMIC as i have only cut out the depth of the upper lip.

Also after the engine got to N.O.T i parked it and let it cool down and everything then checked the header tank and found a brown sludge but with a very thin viscosity to have come out of the motor as the coolant has circulated... theres no Oil in the coolant and i checked the oil and it looks perfect. Im guessing it may have been a little rust as the motor has been sitting for a fair while and i did not flush it before i filled it with coolant.... hmmm i put 60 bucks worth of coolant in.... will need to drain and flush it before i do anything. I shoulda known better to flush it...

Hopefully i get my microtech in the mail this week and my fuel pump too :D

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/ef-turbo-build-t103080.html

Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:40 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF Falcon

NSW, Australia

Im running a cushion button in mine std size no problems although my box didnt handle my power, blew it up on running in tune so going for a tremec tko

Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Glowing EF wrote:
Im running a cushion button in mine std size no problems although my box didnt handle my power, blew it up on running in tune so going for a tremec tko

Exactly the reason that steered me away from getting that. Don't really have the cash for an upgraded gearbox just yet haha. Might line up one of those xr6t set ups when mine fails haha.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread

Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

ok so i fixed the idle problem this arvo. Went into the shed and salvaged my old Idle Speed Controller off my old engine, fitted that and it ran perfectly... i can rev it and let off and it returns to normal idle speed instead of stalling.... woo :)

now i really hope my computer comes in the mail this week. Hoping to have that wired up this weekend.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

EB/F XR6T wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:

A T5 won't live long behind a ceremic/cushion button clutch.

Glowing EF wrote:

I blame your clutch, not the power.

Posted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:56 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EB turbo

Power: 276 rwkw

SA, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
EB/F XR6T wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:

A T5 won't live long behind a ceremic/cushion button clutch.

Glowing EF wrote:

I blame your clutch, not the power.

Id planed to stay away from button but time isn't on my side now. id rather have the clutch survive tuning than get a phone call saying your clutch is fritzed. I won't be driving this car every day and do have a spare t5. Just have to nanna the shifts as best as i can for now. cheers again.

EB 2,T5, snort kit, 3 inch, 044, turbosmart reg, LC1, 46lb, crow cam, EMS stinger
Now with 275.7 rwkw @13 psi

Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:07 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Lol hate to tell you but microtechs dont have idle speed control, but all that can be adjusted through the handle controler anyway

Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 11:11 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Yeh didnt even servive for 1500kms

Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Glowing EF wrote:
Lol hate to tell you but microtechs dont have idle speed control, but all that can be adjusted through the handle controler anyway

Don't you mean cold start? Cause I knew about that

I'm going to be running it piggyback too. So the STD ecu will still control idle won't it??

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:16 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

No it wont because the signal runs to the microtech first, i thought it would too but the idle motor was constantly open because it wasnt getting correct signal so i just unplugged mine and set my fuel percentage through the water temp range to get the good idle

Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Oh ok so you can run a richer afr depending on coolant temp just like cold start with the STD ecu? Is it a fairly good idle? Or does it stall?
Cheers

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:02 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Yeh you adjust it, at first mine was really bad like it wouldnt idle what so ever in the morning, it runs good now after it gets past the temp point of -11 degrees, just got to adjust that percentage and should be good

Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Glowing EF wrote:
Yeh you adjust it, at first mine was really bad like it wouldnt idle what so ever in the morning, it runs good now after it gets past the temp point of -11 degrees, just got to adjust that percentage and should be good

cool cool, thanks for the tip mate :)

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:08 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

No worries keep us posted

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 20  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next