Page 20 of 20 [ 297 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Post subject: Re: Corbin's ef xr6 turbo build
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Turbo EL

VIC, Australia

hahah just a little bit :P
I reckon I will be running about the same though, never expected it to economical after the turbo. Makes the idea of buying a v8 that much easier (thinking of it down the track).

Mine N/A, good question... Off the top of my head it was 11 - 12L/100km Freeway and 14L/100km City.

Build Thread:
1998 Turbo EL Futura Sapphire

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef XR6t

QLD, Australia

Oh really, last highway run I did 9.6L/100km and around town babying it would be around 13L/100km. If I thrashed it alot around town it would get more like 15-17L/100km.

The 17L/100km before was mixed driving around town when my car got tuned recently, I've since changed my idle and cruise maps to how they were before for fuel economy.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/ef-turbo-build-t103080.html

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Ok so i wired up a plug for my air temp sensor and plugged in a known working sensor i had spare and it reads -20c in about 25-30 degree ambient temp. I need to calibrate it to my ecu but there is no setting i can see using my hand controller to calibrate it. I remember when i had to send my coolant temp sensor and ecu back to microtech to get them to calibrate it. Now im not sure whether it can be done with a laptop or if i actually need to send it back again. Anyone have any experience with microtechs and know if it can be done?

Ive unplugged it and left the wiring in the engine bay until i can get that sorted. Last time i sent my ecu down to be re configured and calibrated it cost me $350 :( hopefully they dont charge heaps if its just this getting done...

Edit: Just looked on the microtech website and it seems as if it needs to be calibrated by microtech, alternatively i can buy an air temp sensor for $35 from microtech that will suit my ecu and its an M14x1.5 thread which looks about the same as the factory sensor. Just need to measure with something more accurate like some verniers at work on monday. But should be good to get it hooked up and monitor my inlet air temp so i can start making a cold air intake to suit.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread

Last edited by xr6_corbin on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Filled up my tank this afternoon and figured the tank i just used averaged at 12.5L/100km mixed driving around town and the tune was changed when i had about 3/4 full tank. Pretty happy with fuel consumption now :D

On other news ive started to mock up a rough air box for my pod with some cardboard to see how it fits, will be taking it to an engineer to fab up once im happy with its dimensions. Here are some pics. I will be cutting a hole in the bottom and through the inner guard where the battery tray used to be and making a cold air duct coming from the side hole in the front bumper. Either that or just cut a hole in the side and point it through the hole in the side guard to suck air from there instead. Will have to see whats easier/works best.
here are some pics..

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Very nice work on the fuel consumption now mate :D

Love the look of the mock up box for the pod filter should fit in there really nicely.

Build Thread:

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Yeah looking at it again I reckon I might make an intake ram up top kinda like a snorkel but with a big mouth like a growler but in alloy. Should work well.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

knocked off work early today and decided i would fix my LH indicator as the bulb holder was stuffed so i went and got a new holder and soldered my connector on. I then decided i would replaced the rca cables going from my head unit to my amp in the boot as it was split and didnt work. But i couldnt help myself and bought a new alpine head unit with bluetooth connectivity while i was at sound in motion. Installed it this arvo, i gotta say im pretty impressed with it and how well the bluetooth works. Feels like a new car with that and my A/c working! Mounted my microphone at the top of my A pillar beside the sun visor and picks up pretty well from there. Also plays music through bluetooth via my iPhone so pretty happy with that cause my old ipod which was dedicated for the car was getting a bit tired and wouldnt update with my computer no more.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: 1997 EL XR6

Power: 180 rwkw

VIC, Australia

The fuel consumption is really good, should be happy with that mate.

The alphine head unit looks good mate, gotta get my audio system in soon...

MGW Short Throw Shifter, CVE Cam, CVE Head, SS Big Mouth Air Intake, Pacemaker Headers, 3" Exhaust, 3" Varex, 3" Cat, 19" Silver Agents, EMS Stinger 4424, 42lb Injectors and Walbro 255lb Fuel Pump

Next: Pacemaker Comps, 6 Individual Throttle Bodies, ICE Coil and ignition

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Yeh fuel consumption is great for a modified vehicle. Its daily driven so i need all the luxurys haha. Yeh the head unit was a steal! It plugged straight into my old alpine connector too no dramas and had same mounting points. Took me like 15 mins to fit it all haha.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Nice work on the headunit, my mate has something similar and the bluetooth function on it works great ! You can actually hear what the people are saying in the car.

Build Thread:

Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Alright changed the oil yesterday and while i had the car on the hoist i thought id check the clutch cable/fork and found these 2 peices of metal fall out hmm looks like the fingers of the pressure plate spring snapped off. New clutch for me i think... still works fine but i have noticed my clutch shuddering a little bit lately and could be because of uneven clamp pressure because of these snapped off pieces.

Going to order an npc 10.5 inch HD clutch and billet flywheel. Its time for an upgrade anyway...

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Ok so pulled my gearbox out today and clutch was perfectly fine could not identify where on earth these peices of metal came from, also change of plan i bought a custom ceramic cushion button clutch from npc it consists of an exedy cushion button plate and an npc custom pressure plate with a higher clamp pressure. Hopefully its not too much of a pig, gonna put it all back together tomorrow morning.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Sort by  
 Page 20 of 20  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20