Fordmods Logo

Corbin's ef xr6 turbo build 

Page 4 of 20 [ 297 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next

Post subject: Re: Ef turbo build
Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:22 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

a single high flow pump should be fine providing your running a decent ecu and injectors.

im running a ems ecu, walbro 255, no surge tank, std vct fuel reg, 700cc injectors and thats more than enough at my current power level...

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
a single high flow pump should be fine providing your running a decent ecu and injectors.

im running a ems ecu, walbro 255, no surge tank, std vct fuel reg, 700cc injectors and thats more than enough at my current power level...

I'll be running a Haltech e6x , are they any good ?? Injectors are siemens deka 60lb

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef XR6t

QLD, Australia

I would imagine that 600cc injectors with an 040 would cause fuel starvation when the pump max's out. I know an 044 will definatly supply the amount of fuel for them. But at the end of the day its up to you. For a low boost set up i imagine the 040 would be ok but if your going to keep upgrading and wanting to chase more power you might aswell do it right from the start so that you dont have to waste time/money changing your fuel pump. You could use an 044 now and still run low boost and when you want more its as simple as winding up the boost and getting it re tuned. The 040 and 044 are similarly priced so might aswell get the bigger one. You dont wanna spend money twice in the same area.

Cheers

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/ef-turbo-build-t103080.html

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The only reason I wanted a 040 is that they are are straight fit in the tank. Afaik. But I already have the 044 so might aswell use it and mod it to fit in.

I assumed u couldnt use a 044 intake . Wouldnt the wires be under the fuel and cause damage ? I know they are in a intank pump of course . But didn't think it's possible to use a non in tank , in the tank

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

The 044 has been used in tank plenty of times.... i can gaurantee it. If you need a fuel sock like mine for the pick up i got mine from jay racing in the states, cost 35 dollars but postage is around the same price i think i payed 76 roughly for it alltogether shipped to aus. Couldnt find anywhere that sold them in Australia. If you allready have an 044 then just get a suitable fitting for the fuel pump and then take it to somewhere like enzed and they can braze the fitting onto your stock cradle for you. Heres the link for that pre filter sock

http://www.jayracing.com/index.php?main ... ucts_id=62

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yea I was gonna buy a sock of eBay US for it but was gonna be around the same price of a walbro 255. But now I'll go with the sock and get a fitting brazed on , as youve said the 044 flows more alot more than 044 and 255.

I've got oxy at work so I'll tinker with it there

Cheers

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Would it be ok to use the 044 in a n/a set up. The set up I have now?
Reason I'm asking is if I'm gonna get the pump fitted to the cradle I might aswell use it, better than not using it then going to use it in a year and it doesn't work ??

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Yes it will work with your N/a set up. Only thing it will be doing is circulating more fuel through the system and back to the tank if your still using your stock regulator. Only down side of this is it would heat the fuel up and recirculate it back to the tank causing a bit more fuel vapours than normal but that's what a charcoal canisters is for. Umm I also found a place that sells the pre filter socks in Australia, some joint in Victoria does them and they have them listed on EBay. They even give you 45 or 90 degree fitting options to choose from and they're 70 bucks. 6 dollars cheaper than from the US Inc postage.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Cheers, I had a search on eBay for them but couldn't find anything . What should I put in the search bar ??

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Dw found them
Cheers

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Picked this lower thermostat housing up from repco yesterday to suit ea-ed. I noticed that the EF ones dont have the little sensor thread which i assume is for the temp guage, i think the EF temp guage runs off a signal straight from the ecu? Anyways im really happy that i can just buy this off the shelf, wasnt looking forward to tapping a thread into my one. Thanks Troyman :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

How much did u pick that up for?
I'll need one my self. Can get one easily from a wreckers but still. Cheers

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

50 bucks was trade price, i think theyre 74 retail. What computer you going to be running? Im only doing this because i need a second temp reading one each for my microtech and std ecu so that i can still run cold start. Some aftermarket ecu's can run cold start, just microtechs that dont. If you havent bought a computer yet get something along the lines of an autronic sm4 or ems. I think they have the cold start feature, not entirely sure.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Cheers going to be running a Haltech e6x. Already have it. Not sure if it has cold start. But ive been told by people using them with turbo falcons that for it to run properly all I need is temp sensor. air and tps .Of course a few more wires but they can be piggy backed where as the temp sensor can't. Something to do with it's suited for a v6 commodore .

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Update:
i got my microtech wired up on the weekend by a guy i work with and have put in the ED thermostat housing with 2 sensors.

The car was running today but not very well running real rich +60% and the coolant temp sensor was reading at like -15 degrees on cold start and once warm only reading 5 degrees.... so i assumed the sensor was stuffed because the other sensor was reading differently. So we went for a drive to get lunch today and the guy who wired it up wanted to fiddle with the hand controller because it looked like there was 2 maps on there one with coolant temp compensation and one without. So we tried changing it and now it cranks but doesnt start.

Theres space for 4 different maps. Map 1 said BLANK ? and the rest did not have names so we tried selecting 2,3 and 4 and they all failed to work so we called microtech and they said if you select a blank map then it locks the ecu preventing it from selecting other maps and the injectors will cycle/click and go haywire. We thought well we have nothing to lose and try map 1 and as he suggested it fired the injectors rapidly with ignition on. So we tried selecting another map and they loaded but still no fire. Microtech reckon that we will need to send it back to get the map loaded onto it again.

Anyone have any sort of problems similar to this using a microtech? Its so frustrating and i cant get my head around it!

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 20  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next