Fordmods Logo

David's Turbo EL Sapphire 

Page 4 of 20 [ 300 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next

Post subject: Re: David's EL Sapphire
Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

B Bear wrote:
haha lucky you only have two ! Shouldn't be too bad then.

Ah q-room been there once, didn't get in cause I was wearing shorts during summer haha :lol:

Yeah we will have to organise something for the c4c, see if anyone on boosted is organising a northern suburbs meet up for it as well.

hahaha yeah i trtyed to get in with trackies once or twice didnt work even thought they were black.i mean whats the difference any ways im either gonna wear trackies that fully cloth me or all my jeans are bloody 3 sizes to small so when i sit my a** hangs out (misses feeds me well) lmaoo

B Bear wrote:
Also forgot bout the cam, nah it's a reground cam from wade cams..... muuuuch cheaper than their billet option. You just take in your old cam and they provide you with another one that has been grinded to spec.

hahaha cool yeah i know they only charge ya something like 150 or something not too sure plus you give yours in.

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Turbo EL

VIC, Australia

wild-el wrote:
B Bear wrote:
haha lucky you only have two ! Shouldn't be too bad then.

Ah q-room been there once, didn't get in cause I was wearing shorts during summer haha :lol:

Yeah we will have to organise something for the c4c, see if anyone on boosted is organising a northern suburbs meet up for it as well.

hahaha yeah i trtyed to get in with trackies once or twice didnt work even thought they were black.i mean whats the difference any ways im either gonna wear trackies that fully cloth me or all my jeans are bloody 3 sizes to small so when i sit my a** hangs out (misses feeds me well) lmaoo

B Bear wrote:
Also forgot bout the cam, nah it's a reground cam from wade cams..... muuuuch cheaper than their billet option. You just take in your old cam and they provide you with another one that has been grinded to spec.

hahaha cool yeah i know they only charge ya something like 150 or something not too sure plus you give yours in.

hahah exatcly ! Makes no difference what you wear in then... some of these places can be a bit of a wank with their dress code and formalities.
Yep that's the one you take in your old cam and they give you the grinded one. They were a sponsor on here but have since left which I only just saw in a thread the other day on here. Still I would advise that if you are going to get a cam, do it cause it sure does make a difference.

Build Thread:
1998 Turbo EL Futura Sapphire

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

yeah and the thing with that joint is every other day you can go in with what ever you want you could even have a bombstrapped jackety on and no one would pay attention but as soon as its thursday thats it need to be all fancy.i mean they are all douche bags that go there any way all try hard/sick kunts so i dont under stand why i can walk in with basic black trackies on you know no one would even be able to tell the difference.

yeah well ive got a wade 1673 for my old motor trying to get rid of it but i might just go and take it in to them and get them to do a custom grind for me to suit the au motor.i was going to put an el costom grind but then i need to f*ck around with the rocker gear and cbf with it.i wanna get a 977b more top end power but i need to fix my current problem.

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

wild-el wrote:
yeah and the thing with that joint is every other day you can go in with what ever you want you could even have a bombstrapped jackety on and no one would pay attention but as soon as its thursday thats it need to be all fancy.i mean they are all douche bags that go there any way all try hard/sick kunts so i dont under stand why i can walk in with basic black trackies on you know no one would even be able to tell the difference.

yeah well ive got a wade 1673 for my old motor trying to get rid of it but i might just go and take it in to them and get them to do a custom grind for me to suit the au motor.i was going to put an el costom grind but then i need to f*ck around with the rocker gear and cbf with it.i wanna get a 977b more top end power but i need to fix my current problem.

Did you end up finding out what the problem was dude? Only realized its another 2 weeks til c4c and I'm getting my bodykit on and paint this coming saturday.....hopefully it's ready :O

Build Thread:

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

B Bear wrote:
After awhile I decided to paint that dull grey rocker cover with some blue VHT paint.

Original:

Painted:

I was impressed with how it came up for only a simple can of spray paint.

Looks SEXY mate,
Might hit my rocker cover with some RED VHT paint now...
Very nice.

Blue blooded.

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

REW93N wrote:
B Bear wrote:
After awhile I decided to paint that dull grey rocker cover with some blue VHT paint.

I was impressed with how it came up for only a simple can of spray paint.

Looks SEXY mate,
Might hit my rocker cover with some RED VHT paint now...
Very nice.

Thanks mate :) I liked how it just didn't look so bland anymore, I have since painted it again with a bit more of a glossy paint. I'll take a picture of it. But deffinitely give it a go! I suggest even using a base coat before you put the paint on and maybe even a clear coat.

Build Thread:

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:01 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: 1998 EL Ford Futura

VIC, Australia

B Bear wrote:
Thanks mate :) Yeah here is a pic from a few months back with the new rims on and with SSL in the back...

Still have heaps of other pics to put up as well.

Very nice looking EL! Love it. Nice. Just wondering what the clearance is like in the rear with the SSL's in the back. Any scrapes? Could you get a ride height at the lowest point in the rear?

I've got SL's all round on mine. Thinking of dropping the back a little more.

Cheers!

MY BUILD:
- Oxford Green 1998 EL Ford Futura. Hybrid EL Tickford Engine. 3.45 LSD Diff. DL LTD Interior. Cruise Climate Trip HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ryanpatrick42 wrote:
B Bear wrote:
Thanks mate :) Yeah here is a pic from a few months back with the new rims on and with SSL in the back...

Still have heaps of other pics to put up as well.

Very nice looking EL! Love it. Nice. Just wondering what the clearance is like in the rear with the SSL's in the back. Any scrapes? Could you get a ride height at the lowest point in the rear?

I've got SL's all round on mine. Thinking of dropping the back a little more.

Cheers!

Thanks mate :) I still have heaps of pics of other stuff done to it but just havent gotten round to uploading them... also got a body kit put on over the weekend so got to get that on here as well. I'll check the ride height on the back for you too. It can be a bit deceptive in that photo as it was sitting on grass and makes it look a little bit lower.

Over all I am happy with the ride height, going from SL to SSL there was less of what felt like floating from the back end, it felt firmer... but when i have passengers in the back of the car its dumped something shocking and can be a prick to drive. Although I never worry bout that as I barely use it as a passenger vehicle. No scrapping or anything, it rides over speed humps well as long as you don't try and jump over them.

Make sure you have matching shock absorbers for the back as that helps too.

Build Thread:

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Ok so to finally answer your question ryanpatrick42, I took a picture of the back left wheel and how it sits.
From the guard to the ground it's 64cm... here's a picture.

Build Thread:

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:11 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: 1998 EL Ford Futura

VIC, Australia

B Bear wrote:
Ok so to finally answer your question ryanpatrick42, I took a picture of the back left wheel and how it sits.

Wow. Thank you very very much! This is very helpful! Thanks for your tips. Love the wheels too! I've been keeping a close eye on your thread. :)

MY BUILD:
- Oxford Green 1998 EL Ford Futura. Hybrid EL Tickford Engine. 3.45 LSD Diff. DL LTD Interior. Cruise Climate Trip HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:55 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL Sapphire

VIC, Australia

Very nice mate. Go the Sapphires! :lol:

'98 EL Turbo Falcon Sapphire
With custom everything..

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ryanpatrick42 wrote:
B Bear wrote:

Wow. Thank you very very much! This is very helpful! Thanks for your tips. Love the wheels too! I've been keeping a close eye on your thread. :)

No worries at all mate, hope it all helps. Thanks I like em too 8-) If I had more money I would like to try another set but sadly I don't :lol:

Build Thread:

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

RobDog wrote:
Very nice mate. Go the Sapphires! :lol:

Thanks RobDog ! I agree go the Sapphires ! 8-)

Build Thread:

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Ok time to put some more stuff up that has been done !

So decided to change over the injectors with some reconditioned AU ones and also fitted an xr6 300kpa fuel regulator.

EF

AU

Build Thread:

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Had some issues with the cars idle when it was in both Park, Neutral and Drive. It would always drop in revs and sometimes even stall, it was becoming a pain in the a*** stalling in an auto on main roads. Luckily a friend had a diagnostic unit to check the car so we plugged that in and an error code came up for the inhibitor switch which sits towards the bottom left of the gear box. $90 later with a new switch we fitted that and after a little while the car was running fine again.

Build Thread:

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 20  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next