Deano's FG XT 

Page 1 of 17 [ 245 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next

Post subject: Deano's FG XT
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2009 Ford Falcon FG XT

VIC, Australia

[Last Updated 28/08/2014]
My 2009 Ford Falcon FG XT as first purchased from a Manheim auction, with 90,000 odd km's.

This picture was taken before the car was actually purchased by me :P haha

Pics from when I got it home:

1. First Mod: Tinted Windows & Chrome Doorhandles

2. Second Mod: Mounting Foglights + Wiring ( Wiring Done by The One Stop Shop Australia)

3. Reverse Sensors (Also installed by The One Stop Shop Australia)

4. Lip Spoiler!

5. Removed XT and Falcon badges!

6. Removed airbox restrictor... Why? BECAUSE RACE CAR!

7. Swapped standard rear XT lights for G6E lights!

8. New Rims & Tyres. 18" Ford Territory Rims fitted with Pirelli Pzero Nero 245/40/18's.

9. Removed Towbar.

10. Removed Mud flaps.

11. King Springs SSL/Stage 3/Ultra Low Springs and Monroe GT Sport Lowered Struts & Shocks fitted to car! SL at the front, SSL at the back!

12. New rear garnish with no towbar hole

Scroll past the pics to see the latest mod(s)

Some updated more recent pics:

More more recent pics:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

13. Cold Air Intake and Pod Filter!

Next projects (in no particular order):
-------------------
- Upgrading of brakes (slotted rotors, pads, calipers maybe?
- New Exhaust/muffler
- Extractors
- Speaker Upgrade
- Interior modifications - wrapping of silver dash areas
- Possibly change side skirts to G6E side skirts if possible

More later :P

My 2009 Ford Falcon FG XT

Last edited by Deano019s on Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:51 am, edited 25 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Deano's '09 Lightning Strike FG XT
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Good start, when are you going to look at doing brakes and such? :)

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:15 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Papa Smurf wrote:
Good start, when are you going to look at doing brakes and such? :)

Pwoahh, I really don't know :S Just out of year 12, working hard to get all of these mods haha. Soon though, I need new rims/tyres because apparently my tyres are unroadworthy, so that'll cost me some big $$$.

I want to try get good brake calipers, red ones to go with the new rims.
As for servicing and all that, car was recently serviced with new oil, spark plugs etc :D

The car itself is pretty fast imo lol, so first I want to get all the appearance modifications!

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

Welcome to the FG Club ;)

Nice colour and looks like you're doing some nice tasteful mods. Will keep an eye on how you go :)
Btw, how much did it cost for reverse sensors and foglights?

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: "08 XR6T Ute

QLD, Australia

Where did you get fog lights to suit the xt bar?

I love the look of fog lights, I think it adds a bit of class and they look nice at night.

But very nice so far, will be keeping an eye out for future updates.

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

TheKrazeD wrote:
Welcome to the FG Club ;)

Nice colour and looks like you're doing some nice tasteful mods. Will keep an eye on how you go :)
Btw, how much did it cost for reverse sensors and foglights?

Haha thank you TheKrazeD!

Haha thanks! Yeah, I originally wanted to get a G6, but it would have broke the bank, so XT with mods will cut it :D Actually glad I got a XT, so I can complete more mods haha.

Cost for foglights was $100 off ebay, wiring was $150 by T.O.S.S.A (The one stop shop Australia) - they wired it properly to the auto function and the lights on function, and included a switch also just for the foglights.

Also, because I mounted the foglights myself, it was cheaper to get them setup and wired. Very easy to install the foglights. Remove the splash cover under the bumper, pop out the mesh covers, and off you go!

Reverse sensors were $395 by T.O.S.S.A too (Ford gave me a nice quote of $867). TOSSA supplied the 4 reversing sensors, painted with paint code 09 to exactly match my colour, and installed them all for $395 total.

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:36 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

FordAUte wrote:
Where did you get fog lights to suit the xt bar?

I love the look of fog lights, I think it adds a bit of class and they look nice at night.

But very nice so far, will be keeping an eye out for future updates.

Thanks FordAUte!
I got them off ebay! They're cheaper now, so go get some :D
Check below:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Falcon-BF-FG-Replacement-Fog-Light-LHS-or-RHS-NEW-/390454611956?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5ae8e88ff4

And yeah, that's why I got foglights as one of the very first mods for my car, they look really nice, and really complete the car :P

And thank you :D

Not sure if I was reading your topic or not, but do you have G6e-like interior? If so, can you pass me some details? :D

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Cheers mate, is the wiring sitting behind the bar already? Or they wired into the Parker's or something?

Haha mate I wish I had g6e like interior, my interior is completely stock at the moment. I know of a bloke that has a FG xr6t with g6e interior. He did it all himself. His on here, joshyd. Though I haven't seen him on for ages... I'm looking to do something similar to 2dads (I think) or try this.. One of them, they have covered a fair bit of stuff with carbon fibre vinyl wrap. I really like the look of it, I have a link to a car of AFF on my build. His interior is really nice with carbon fibre vinyl wrap.

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:09 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

FordAUte wrote:
Cheers mate, is the wiring sitting behind the bar already? Or they wired into the Parker's or something?

Haha mate I wish I had g6e like interior, my interior is completely stock at the moment. I know of a bloke that has a FG xr6t with g6e interior. He did it all himself. His on here, joshyd. Though I haven't seen him on for ages... I'm looking to do something similar to 2dads (I think) or try this.. One of them, they have covered a fair bit of stuff with carbon fibre vinyl wrap. I really like the look of it, I have a link to a car of AFF on my build. His interior is really nice with carbon fibre vinyl wrap.

No worries! And no, that's what I was hoping when I put them in my car, but no luck. I think they wired them into the parkers, and then setup a relay.. Not too sure though, I'm not too good at wiring stuff :\

Oh wow!! I want to do something like that too, eventually, but otherwise I'm stock too :\
Yeah I was checking out the carbon fibre vinyl wrap, it looks really good, but I dunno, for me it seems like the inside will never be touched lol

Ohh, anyone know/recommend a good exhaust to put on my car? Cause I have a whole in my exhaust, and instead of getting that fixed, I may as well replace the whole thing with something louder and cooler!

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Have to look into how they are wired up on the models that come with them stock... Though I remember someone telling me that the wiring is on all the looms... Have to do some more research I think.

I get a bit that way sometimes too... But then I looked at the price of the vinyl and it is reasonably cheap. S I figure if I do a terribly job it's only ten or so dollars I loose out on... So no biggy really...

Krazed just put a large system in his, I'm planning a frankenstein custom system, 2dads and try this both have systems in there's too... Umm don't know many other fg's apart from those guys.
Though x force seems the way to go, just depends what sort of coin you have to throw at it. Which I see might not be hell of a lot (no offense, just noticed you said you just graduated is all). So maybe just play with the mufflers, there are three of them after all lol

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

If you're not chasing power then just get a redback 2.5" catback off ebay. Around $300 and it bolts up to the factory cat, and sounds awesome. Might require cutting of rear bar to allow for tips though, keep that in mind.

I went a fairly large step higher with dual 2.5" XFORCE, but that's so I won't need to upgrade when I cam the old girl around xmas time.

Do you have the 6sp or 5sp auto? Josh (FordAute) thinks I should put my BA 5sp Manual in... I'm still deciding whether that would be a good idea or not lol (Could also sell the kit and get a 6sp Manual conversion done, or maybe throw a ZF into the works).

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Deano019s wrote:
Pwoahh, I really don't know :S Just out of year 12, working hard to get all of these mods haha. Soon though, I need new rims/tyres because apparently my tyres are un road-worthy, so they'll cost me some big $$$.
I want to try get good brake calipers, red ones to go with the new rims.
As for servicing and all that, car was recently serviced with new oil, spark plugs etc :D
The car itself is pretty fast imo lol, so first I want to get all the appearance modifications!

Sorry, I didn't realise that you had limited funds and that you had recently finished school.

My main reason for suggesting that is that most people go for the Bling things and making them go faster without considering better braking.

Macarthur Parts should be able to supply you with brakes either off an FG Turbo, ie: 322mm front rotors and the 328mm rear setup, or Territory.

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:34 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

FordAUte wrote:
Krazed just put a large system in his, I'm planning a frankenstein custom system, 2dads and try this both have systems in there's too... Umm don't know many other fg's apart from those guys.
Though x force seems the way to go, just depends what sort of coin you have to throw at it. Which I see might not be hell of a lot (no offense, just noticed you said you just graduated is all). So maybe just play with the mufflers, there are three of them after all lol

Yeah had a quick look at the Xforce systems, and they look like a pretty good option :D And haha no offence taken at all :) I'll also take a look at the redback 2.5" catback on ebay that TheKrazeD mentioned.

Quote:
Might require cutting of rear bar to allow for tips though, keep that in mind

I don't think I would need to cut the back bar, because I'm getting the XR6 rear bumper garnish which has the bigger hole

Quote:
I went a fairly large step higher with dual 2.5" XFORCE

How much did that set you back? I was looking at XForce's products on their site, no prices are mentioned, and I cbb calling haha

Quote:
Do you have the 6sp or 5sp auto? Josh (FordAute) thinks I should put my BA 5sp Manual in... I'm still deciding whether that would be a good idea or not lol (Could also sell the kit and get a 6sp Manual conversion done, or maybe throw a ZF into the works).

I actually don't know, it's an auto, my mechanic told me it was a 6sp when I first took it in, but I think it's a 5sp. How do I tell?

Hrmmm, I wouldn't put a BA manual in, mainly just because the BA is kinda older now, but I don't know, that's just my personal opinion.

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't realise that you had limited funds and that you had recently finished school.

My main reason for suggesting that is that most people go for the Bling things and making them go faster without considering better braking.

Macarthur Parts should be able to supply you with brakes either off an FG Turbo, ie: 322mm front rotors and the 328mm rear setup, or Territory.

Nah all good, I totally understand what you're saying. For now, I'm not gonna touch engine/components, but when I do I'll keep that in mind :D

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Is that garnish a straight swap? Hmm that's a good cheap idea :)

As far as gearbox goes, throw it in sports shift and keep going up the gears till it won't let you go any higher. The number on the dash is the amount of gears you have, 5 spd for the older style, 6 spd for the ZF.

Brakes are reasonably cheap. I got calipers for $100, evil bay rotors are $250 all up, and pads about $150. So decent brake upgrade $500. Good thing to keep in mind as papa smurf said. A lot of people think of the go and not so much the stop lol note- my stuff is all fairly cheap though, no brand names really.

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

got a photo of the interior, ie shifter........ will tell you if its a 6 spd

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 17  [ 245 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next