Fordmods Logo

Dell's XH 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Dell's XH
Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: XH falcon ute

NSW, Australia

OK so this is my XH that i got when i was 16 as my first car.
So when i got it, it was stock except for a 2 1/2" exhaust that sounded so like a civic with only a cannon, a pod filter that loves hot air, a huge **** off bullbar and f**k stickers everywhere.
So the first thing i did was remove as many of the stickers as i could and give it a good clean.
So i made a new exhaust and i must say it sounds much better then i though it would, as it was made from a muffler from ebay and pipe i had in the shed.
Then i got a set of pacemaker 4499's and high flowed the cat. And it changed the not a far bit. So once again i was happy with it for a bit.
Then i needed new tires so instead of getting new ones for my sunraysias i got a set of ROH rt's.
Then i was happy again.
Then it was due for rego again and they didn't like a crack that was in a tail light so i got some grey ones. i know that a lot of people on here don't like them but i think they suit the rest of the car.
And they didn't like my night shaded indicators and i broke then when they where getting taken off so they wont be back anytime soon.
But as always s**t happens and well a lot has happened to this ute.
First it was the clutch. The thrust bearing shat its self and would no move up or down the shaft. And me being lazy i didn't want to wait for a lift i drove home and killed the clutch and flywheel.
And so in went a HD clutch.
Then it was the motor it shat its self after a big skid session (on private property of course)
so i went and got a low km AU motor and a au1645 wade cam (same as the 977b)
And i decided to get a bit of panel work done on the old girl so in she went and she came out much cleaner and such.
Then i decided the bullbar had to go.
So i got a typhoon type bar off Phat Custom Kits. But it wasn't the best work i had seen but none the less it has turned out alright.
And as the bumper didn't have any black strips i decided to remove the ones off the side of the car. (If anyone is thinking of doing similar go to your local panel shop and ask if you could use there rubber wheel thing. much easer then metho).
And i got a set of lowering springs and shocks and i have installed them along with 2 1/2" lowering blocks.
And well thats about it for now. But one day it will be boosted in one form or another. Would love a twin boost set up with a sc14 supercharger for low boost and a nice big turbo for high end.
But that is a long way off.
Thanks for reading all that David.

Post subject: Re: Dell's XH
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:41 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 98 XH2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Nice mate love seeing X series gettin a make over, got any pics of the ute as she sits now?

Also is the pedal box reinforced with the HD clutch in now?

They can rip them apart easy and its a fu(kin pain in the azz to change em.

98 XH 5 Speed
BA 17"s, BA Short Shifter, 2.5" Mandrel Bent Redback, More To Come!
98 XH 5 Speed - http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/a-bone-s-98-xh-5-speed-t98900.html

Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

um not any with the car lowered.
And nope haven't done anything to the pedal box or the spot where the cable comes through the firewall. and it seams to be fine and it does cop a few kicks here and there.

Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:20 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 98 XH2 Ute

VIC, Australia

yep problem i had was cos the clutch is such a basic design it was stretching the f**k out of the cable and bending the arm the clutch pedal sits on, just welded it a bit more cos its only 2 small welds on there as new. been going strong for over a year now though, also use a lock nut so your not constantly tightening it up down the track

98 XH 5 Speed
BA 17"s, BA Short Shifter, 2.5" Mandrel Bent Redback, More To Come!
98 XH 5 Speed - http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/a-bone-s-98-xh-5-speed-t98900.html

Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:04 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Sounds like a good idea mate thanks. will add it to the to do list.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]