Fordmods Logo

DRAG CAR ON NOS (ed l6 manual) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: DRAG CAR ON NOS (ed l6 manual)
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:52 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ed manual

QLD, Australia

Howdy all i have been trolling on here for a little wile and i thought i might aswell put a build thread up here it is

I brought myself a cheap car to build up as a drag car i found an ed ford falcon manual 4.0l with 160xxx on the clock for $400 so i brought it and got it droped off at my place good thing was it started first kick and all i started by stripping it inside but i wanted to leave the carpet the dash and the 2 front seats in it cause i will be entering it into skid comps aswell. After i striped it i set out on painting it pressure pack black lol after that the engine work started i got myself a tickford head for free and i also scored some el thurmos for free so i instslled them and wow i took it for a spin and what a difference next up i got offerd a free msd 6al ignition so i wacked that in and again it was noticable very smooth power. So a few days later i made a deal to a mate to swap my lsd and 3.9's for his nitrous kit and a deal was struck so now i have installed my 125shot nitrous kit alls thats needed is to fill the bottle. I also installed a freebie rising rate fuel reg to help the nos not to lean out.

My goal with this car is to hit a 13.5 down the quarter in a mildly stock ed for with gas i have a few more things to do to it like 3.45 diff gears and a locker (already have them freebies) and a j3 tune and some jmm extractors and street slicks then ill take it to the track to try for the 13.5

This is what i planed so far the * next to it means i have already

Manual ed ford falcon l6
- msd 6al *
- tickford head *
- 125 nitrous kit *
- 3.45 diff gears *
- locker diff *
- jmm extractors
- j3 tune
- semi slicks
- thurmos *
- rising rate fuel reg *
- walbro fuel pump
- 36lb injectors
- hevy duty clutch
- 69mm throttle body
- el inlet manifold setup (maybe)
- crow cam stage 3 or jmm cam
- jmm vernier cam gear

That all im thinking ill need to crack a 13 on gas

Ill post pics up tomorrow and vids up as i go any input or info would be great To help me get my goal

-

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]