Dumpsta's Falcon 

Page 1 of 3 [ 31 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Dumpsta's Falcon
Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:14 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: El Gli/Mont

QLD, Australia

Gidday guys, had an old account on here for a couple of years before I owned a car but here I am finally getting around to putting up some pics.

I bought it roughly 15 months ago, nothing flash, just a 97 Gli, faded Red Hot Chilli, with a bodykit (not a fan of the sideskirts myself) and a Xr Spoiler, also had brand new 35% window tint. Interior was like new so that was a bonus, tho I gave it what looked like its first exterior polish in 5 years, a light cut and it was red again. Couple days after I bought it, I mucked around with the grill a bit and de-spoilered it, drove it like that for about 5 months (trashed it should say) before I put a set of 18" GT-P's under it soon followed by King Superlows all round. I then had heaps of problems with the exhaust hitting on the diff so I eventually got jack of that and put on a new 2 and half inch; Its now got a K&N Panel filter and a Adjustable Shift Kit and I got stuck into the interior, tired of the factory gray so I pulled it all out and fixed that. Im presently half done but I cant bring myself to go further while its a work car sitting in the sun 9 hours a day. Possibly just dreaming but when its not just my daily Id like to finish the interior myself, seats and carpet etc, full respray same colour, bigger wheels and eventually boost it. The missus says I cant sell it but she cant understand why I'd put a turbo on it so I may have to work on that in the years to come. Priorities I guess...

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia & EF XR8

VIC, Australia

far out that looks great. exterior came up a treat and im lovin that dash too. makes me what to take mine out again and spay it black

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T ute

VIC, Australia

why are there no pics of the front

that interior reminds me of my old interior

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:31 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Thanks for the comment mate, some more I forgot.

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6T ute

VIC, Australia

nice cluster

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

nice cluster... and "lit spanner".. :lol: door trims white?? ummmm???? red perhaps??

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

looks s**t hot mate! welcome to the site

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

looks great! except for those things latched onto your seats...

Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:36 am 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Ha thanks guys, yeah Im sick of the throwovers, Id be buying the leather seatcovers if they wouldnt get grubby at work.

Post subject: Re: Dumpsta's Falcon
Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:21 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Bit of an update after forgetting I even had a thread in here.. :?

Car is now lower... really low..and threw in some stiffer shocks at the same time. Got my hands on a set of 2nd hand typhoons and put the 18's on the missus' fairmont, and after whacking a post backing out of a carpark its now got a brand new complete ef fairmont front end as well as ef taillights. The bad news being, blown headgasket to be done sometime soon so I'll change the leads/plugs at the sametime and give the engine bay a freshen up with some paint here and there and still thinking about a homemade cai.. Id love to go the full aluminium with a couple of silicone joiners but it seems a $$$ way to go about it...

I'll post up some of the recent pics later in the week when the net speeds up again, things are slow as I used up the download limit.

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:27 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

And forgot to mention the interior has come a long way from the above pics, proud to say the gay white sheets are gone from the seats and the doors are finished with chrome/black door handles and lashed out bought a digital temp guage after having a few heating problems. Leather glovebox in black with white stitching, basically all thats left are the seats, carpet, seatbelts and the interior doortrims. Just the things that get dirty from work.

Question for those in the know-how....

Themo fan relays.... as your looking at the car is this correct? 40a | 30/40 | 40a | Empty

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:38 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

May have seen these in the show us your e-series thread.

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:24 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Bit of news, a month ago I decided to buy a rebuilt 4.0 that came up at the right price (exhange for the old). Happened to be that I was in Mackay for the week and it took a 5minute decision, drove home that day, a mate and I pulled the old one out the next and we left 4am, again the next day to Brisbane for the engine, Coolangatta for the surf. What can I say, the surf at D'bar is 10x as good as the surf here, and apparently it 'was' small, big enough that I freaked out on a couple. :roll:

Well its back in after a lot of stress and angry moments. About 100km's on the new engine now, it may be just that I didnt drive it for 2 weeks but it really seems to alot smoother as well as sounding a whole heap nicer as well and still not enough grunt but Im Over the moon! I still have to throw the bumper shroud back on and paint the rocker cover and I wouldnt mind advancing the timing a few degrees as well.

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:41 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: AUIII

NSW, Australia

:D Love the car mate!
I really love what you have done with the spark plug leads....tucked in and around the back of the tappet cover. Very tidy!...."It's the small things that make all the difference"

MITCHY

AUIII, PACEY 4499's, MAGNIFLOW CAT, 2.5" ZORST, 17X8" AUII XR RIMS....otherwise all factory!

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el fairmont ghia

QLD, Australia

Dumpsta wrote:
Bit of news, a month ago I decided to buy a rebuilt 4.0 that came up at the right price (exhange for the old). Happened to be that I was in Mackay for the week and it took a 5minute decision, drove home that day, a mate and I pulled the old one out the next and we left 4am, again the next day to Brisbane for the engine, Coolangatta for the surf. What can I say, the surf at D'bar is 10x as good as the surf here, and apparently it 'was' small, big enough that I freaked out on a couple. :roll:

Well its back in after a lot of stress and angry moments. About 100km's on the new engine now, it may be just that I didnt drive it for 2 weeks but it really seems to alot smoother as well as sounding a whole heap nicer as well and still not enough grunt but Im Over the moon! I still have to throw the bumper shroud back on and paint the rocker cover and I wouldnt mind advancing the timing a few degrees as well.

hey man nice car you have there,did you buy the motor from mackay or just saying you were in mackay?

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia
did someone call 9 1 HOLY s**t?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next