Fordmods Logo

EDXR6POLY's Build thread now turbo!!! with pics!!! 

Page 5 of 6 [ 81 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: ED VCT BUILD (NEXT UP IS AU2 WITH VCT AND MANUAL CONVERSION)
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU falcon

VIC, Australia

cheers, ill source that too...anything else....i wouldnt know about this little things

Au factory 5sp, rolling on 20'z, full custom extractors, redback cat and back. has a new motors, only 27,000ks

Welcome to Toongabbie motorsports :P

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: GREEN ED XR6

Power: 249 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Bit of an update
I have now installed the AU2 VCT motor and EA T5 and a few pics of it finally installed with my wade AU1645 cam (yet to be J3 chipped and dyno tuned)

was done DRIVE IN to DRIVE OUT in a total of 8 hours to,
Change hear of ED motor on to AU2 block, install dizzy with AU aux cam gear (to keep them as a matched pair) install inlet and exhaust manifolds and all serp setup including new metal jacket balancer, install wiring harness (auto to manual reverse switch and neutral switch wires) installed new UNI's, install manual pedal box (was auto and made my own malwood pin leathe, reinstall dash install new reciver/dryier, including cleaniing fluff and dust off interior A/C (where the A/C gets the cool air from), added oils, and cables etc and new wade cam (AU1645-110LC) damn pulls hard from 2300-5800Rpm well till the limiter but still is haunting and has lots of rev hang if your driving normally.

AU2 engine with Hoppers head/cam performance package & spool rods / CP pistons ,Snort 1200 plenum, T56 Manual & Billet short shifter, Front & Rear Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered suspension, LSD and tuned with EMS stinger 4424 347rwkw THE ED XR6 IS BOOSTED

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:33 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: AU Falcon

VIC, Australia

EDXR6-Poly wrote:
... new wade cam (AU1645-110LC) damn pulls hard from 2300-5800Rpm well till the limiter but still is haunting and has lots of rev hang if your driving normally.

so glad to hear you say that as thats the exact cam that im going for. How is the exhaust note on it?

Post subject: Re: EDXR6POLY's Build thread Now with AU2-VCT & T5
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Bit off an update (sorry no pics yet) but car is fully undercoated and sanded back ready for base coat (maybe have the base cost done by Monday but al is going well have a few things im trying to decide on.
I have EL doors (front) ED doors rear have removed all the striping (the black with red stripe) and had steel cut and welded in place and filled over with body filler on all doors, front guards and rear wheel arch near back door

Have got the new holes in front guards fro BA FPV GT side repeaters (white ones with LED's)
BUT do I get the door handles painted white with the red pearl OR Plain WHITE no pearl just gloss OR do I leave the Blood RED?

And should I colour code the EL mirrors too? (also if BenJ has the diagran to joing the EL mirrors to the ED harness that would be tops LOL)

I have a few pictures of the EB GT kit rounded off at the edges so that I no longer needed flares to go with the kit (I'll upload them in the morning)

AU2 engine with Hoppers head/cam performance package & spool rods / CP pistons ,Snort 1200 plenum, T56 Manual & Billet short shifter, Front & Rear Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered suspension, LSD and tuned with EMS stinger 4424 347rwkw THE ED XR6 IS BOOSTED

Post subject: Re: EDXR6POLY's Build thread AU2 with T5 and hoppers Head & Cam
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:50 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EB XR6 (sold) ED XR6 T5

VIC, Australia

Hey just wanting to ask where abouts u got ur car dyno'd? also u got a hoppers head package? I was just wanting to know what you thought of it/them as im thinking about going to them for some work, anyone else had any experience with them?

92 EB II SXR6 T5

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Just an update I got my car back today ( dam looks mint) all painted white with the red pearl, kept the EL mirrors black, but painted the door handles white with the red pearl too. I have many pictures im just uploading them so i can attach it for you all to see and the new HEAD/Cam package with my polished rocker cover lol.

Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Im still yet to upload pics of the car now its finished with the new fog lights BUT......

I have acquired my new part to the next step of my car to keep me busy over the next few days
A stage 2 snort turbo kit but still looking for an aftermarket piggy back ECU but since its manual I dont need much to run it maybe just the engine etc but still going through everything to get it ready to put together maybe start on it next weekend still waiting on a few little things like cooler piping and a surge tank so when they turn up ill be starting the forced induction process.

Only thing I have a concern with is that my CR is almost 9.8:1 may have a affect on my boost?
Ill upload pics of the kit and the car since its been painted too over the next day or too.

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

almost done

Last edited by EDXR6-Poly on Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:39 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

good stuff mate...
watch that t5, it wont last long....

im a little confused though??
your in the process of fitting the turbo yea????
but your signature says its turbo'd and dyno'd with 209rwkw ar 7.5psi????? :?

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

thats the strip car I have thats gutted for strip only but now the same setup is going on my Daily ED XR6

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:15 pm 

NSW, Australia

oh ok...
got any pics of the track cars set up??? :)

Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

ok bit more of an update turbo kit is fitted well everything except the fuel pump and WB02 gauge but still waiting on the J3 chip from Ti performance before it can be run

Post subject: Re: EDXR6POLY's Build thread now turbo!!! with pics!!!
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Bit of an update, Since its been a while.

I bought a EMS 4424 V4 stinger with loom for $400 the other day and am in the process of installing it along with my 42Lb injectors (968) and a BF xr6t fuel rail/reg then off to get a dyno to see how it goes

Also removed the T5 and replaced it with a dellow bellhousing and a short ratio 4 speed toploader and put my 3.08 Lokka diff in over last weekend, As I think I might break the T5 so its out as a spare soo with the EMS and a good tune I should be looking at anything over 250RWKW but 250 would be a good start, not really chasing any more than that.

Ill update some pictures over the next few days of the progress.

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Not much of an update

I installed the EMS ecu this weekend and made it Plug and Play so if I ever want to remove the EMS and go back to a factory ECU I can without soldering/joining wires.

I have also installed the BA bulge on the bonnet (but needs now to be repainted) and have black "ENFORCER" stickers to go on where the "BOSS 290" stickers would go.

also looking for a fairmont/fairmont ghia rear garnish to swap for my ED XR6 one if anyone interested?

next weekend Im installing the 3" system and Hooker muffler from the turbo 3.5" dump back from the 100 CPI 3" race cat.

then once all ready Ill be taking it to rockhampton to put on the dyno to get it fine tuned, also thanks to TROYMAN for the base tune, IT RUNS LOL but loud without a cat back exhaust.

Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:37 pm 

NSW, Australia

good to see its up and running mate... :)

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 6  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next