EFII fairmont build up 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: EFII fairmont build up
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:31 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Ef fairmont Ghia

NSW, Australia

Hey guys, I thought I better get around to posting up my car for everyone to admire/scrutenize/whatever else.

The Car (xh00nr)
Name: Matt
Year/ Model: 1996
Colour: White
Period of ownership: 3 months

Performance: 130rwkw, 400nm of torque

Engine Mods: stage 2 cam, extractors, pod, J3 chip with 98 octane fuel map, custom transmittion map.

Interior Mods: Sony CD Player, custom dash background, BA XR6 front seat conversion

Exterior Mods: LED Fog lights/drl's

Wheels: Stock 15's, painted black by previous owner, now shiny silver

Future Plans: stealth turbo install, decent set of wheels and tyres

Pics:

EFII Fairmont (XH00NR) - K & N apollo enclosed pod filter, Megasquirt 2 Ecu controlling fuel, 350 cc injectors flowed out 420cc, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, J3 chip with custom transmittion map, BA XR6 front seats. Turbo setup in the works.
EF Fairmont Turbo

Last edited by Ctchme on Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: EFII fairmont build up
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:54 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Hey guys, quick update, been busy getting my turbo conversion sorted out, hoping to do it all after I go thru rego this week. Today I got a dump pipe, and picked up a ba xr6 drivers seat that had been sitting in one of my friends sheds for a while, had dust, cobwebs, ants, human slime on it, cleaned it up and was surprised that it's nearly perfect! So will be hitting up a wrecking yard tomorrow for a passenger seat and some 42lb ford injectors.

Will post some pics of what I have done tomorrow morning

EFII Fairmont (XH00NR) - K & N apollo enclosed pod filter, Megasquirt 2 Ecu controlling fuel, 350 cc injectors flowed out 420cc, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, J3 chip with custom transmittion map, BA XR6 front seats. Turbo setup in the works.
EF Fairmont Turbo

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:15 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Hey guys, so today i tried putting in the ba xr6 seats, and found out there is only a little bit of modification needed to fit into my ef. So got to work, and 30 mins later im bolting it all in :)

Here is a pic of the turbo setup so far, got the manifold welded up and sprayed it gloss black

will post some more pics later this week

EF Fairmont Turbo

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:53 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef xr6

VIC, Australia

Looks good dude

EF XR6
K&N PANEL FILTER ulah, CAM, J3 CHIP, 128.3 RWKW, F6 TYPHOON RIMS, FULL TAN AND BLACK INTERIOR, CUSTOM BOOT INSTALL IN PROGRESS..
:)

Posted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 97 white EL GLi

VIC, Australia

Hey man looks good, how did you get the BA seats in?

Posted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Turbo EL

VIC, Australia

Loving it mate ! Can't wait to see more pics of the stealth turbo install.

Build Thread:
1998 Turbo EL Futura Sapphire

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:24 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

RUXT0N wrote:
Hey man looks good, how did you get the BA seats in?

The xr ute seats are almost a direct bolt in, just had to bend the front where the bolts go in downward, and the back left hand side one had to be chopped off and then weld the rear mount from the stock seat to it. Quick 10 min job if u know how to weld

EF Fairmont Turbo

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:49 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Hey again everyone, getting ready for my turbo conversion, hopefully this weekend if i can find someone with a t3 flanged dump pipe that can connect the turbo to my exhaust system. have got some more work done on the manifold, welded the wastegate on, and going to run it as a plumb back system. Have now got my new 36lb injectors, a new adjustable fuel pressure regulator (BEGI one a bit big for my liking) & a walbro 255lph intank pump.

Only things that I need are the dump pipe of course, and a return oil line feed on the sump. Anyway, here are a few pics for the pleasers haha

Current engine bay

Turbo awesomeness

Am hoping to have this all done by monday when i go back to work haha

EF Fairmont Turbo

Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:43 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Getting started on it today guys :) Heres a list of what im hoping to get done today.

[*] Fuel pump in
[*] injectors swap over
[*] Fuel pressure reg hooked up
[*] Megasquirt ECU wired in
[*] Test run

Wish me luck haha

EF Fairmont Turbo

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:13 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

A quick update, I've installed the fuel pump & injectors, was having tuning issues with megasquirt, so back to EEC-v for the moment, my car died on me last night, looks like head gasket has gone, so will be getting it home tomorrow when I get a car trailer. Have started rebuilding my new engine, already done head gasket, sump gasket, and rear main seal. Still got to do transmission service and replace extension housing seal. Hopefully get to replace engine over the weekend. If anyone can help, there'll be beer & BBQ offered

EF Fairmont Turbo

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:56 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Hey guys, havent been on for a while, alot has been happening, finished off turbo conversion, cracked a piston and blew a few big end bearings, so have gotten rid of the turbo kit, and sourced some new high comp pistons, and forged conrods & bearings.
Started installing the engine again today, hopefully have it back together tomorrow if im lucky.
Also thinking of remotely locating the oil filter and installing an oil cooler, anyone want me to do a tech doco of it?

EF Fairmont Turbo

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]