Fordmods Logo

EL XR6 take 2! Simmons FR19's F: 19x8.5in R: 19x10 4in dish 

Page 2 of 13 [ 192 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Post subject: Re: my first car - EL XR6 respray and kitted soon
Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

take them off the car and respray them red, keep it original, if you paint it white it will look like a mock up xr6 instead of the real mcoy

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR6

VIC, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
bry40l wrote:
take them off the car and respray them red, keep it original, if you paint it white it will look like a mock up xr6 instead of the real mcoy

Agree

well this is what i told the panel beater so far:

- all badges off except the one on the front
- wiper, wiper grill, window surrounds in high gloss black
- kit sprayed and fitted
- red molds pulled off and sprayed or sanded what ever they do and throw some clear on there so it doesn't fade
- dints and stone chips pulled out repaired

I'm afraid that the a** end is going to look plain without badges. Also ordering new number plates Monday to go on after the respray. hate the idea of having a car looking immac but thrashed plates.

EL XR6 first car: fresh respray, tickford kit, debadged, 19in silver agents, SSL's.
Build thread: the-garage-f53/my-first-car-el-xr6-respray-and-kitted-soon-t109269.html

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

nice looking car matey.whats the price on the respray going to cost you?? and to be honest i wouldnt take off the badges if i was in your shoes but hey each to their own.

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:41 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

To be honest I haven't got a price yet but it won't be no more then $1500 as they do full resprayes for my uncles taxi's for $1700 and thats including boot, door jams, fully debadged, stickers put on and sanded back to bare metal.

EL XR6 first car: fresh respray, tickford kit, debadged, 19in silver agents, SSL's.
Build thread: the-garage-f53/my-first-car-el-xr6-respray-and-kitted-soon-t109269.html

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

that is a very cheap price.do they do a good job at least?

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:54 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

yeah they do, i'll definitely ask them to take some pictures of the car in the process of the respray for the thread :)

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

you can get closed door paint jobs up in here in the basic colours for very cheap, but when you start looking at fancy coloured cars or doing the door jams and under the bonnet the price comes up a fair bit

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

nah this will be under bonnet, boot and door jams :)

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

they don't do any private cars only taxi's and fleet car's so this job will be much better. I've seen their jobs before and it's great. I've also talked to the panel beater who will be working on the car personally and he know's what to do and what is expected.

the car will get dropped of either monday or tuesday night and I'm not fussed how long they take to finish it as i have no license, as long as they do a good job! :D

also thinking of purchasing a coolant tank and battery cover off MR_LON from AFF to get sprayed up too, any one have either one of these and know if they are good quality?

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

well good luck with it mate.ill keep my fingers crossed for ya that they do a good job.

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: LV XR5T

NSW, Australia

Nice the car looks fairly mint, very straight. I'd be keeping the XR6 & Tickford badges. The rear ends look too plain IMO, but that's just me. I like people knowing they're following a tickford XR :)

Previous -
EL XR8 - Navy, 5.0, coilovers, custom twin 2.25" exhaust
EL Fairmont Ghia - Heritage, V8, Coilovers, leather, elec seat, sunroof, Ticky kit, EL XR front, dual fuel, EL GT's, custom twin exhaust
2011 Fiesta LX

Current -
LV XR5T

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:10 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2010 G6E

VIC, Australia

nice clean car, but yeah i'd keep the badges, they make an xr, an xr, not a mock up.
just like any p plate spec, just drop it, legal tint, wheels, and a tickford kit, xr's looovee tickford kits.
spesh being in your area, i never get any love from coppers in sunshine, and my cars still factory besides exhaust.

and with resprays that cheap, assuming they are good, have i ever told you i loved you? lol. :lol:

be good or be good at it.

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

my mates got a ef falcon in that red/burgundy colour (cardinal red?) no badges at the back, twin dumpies and white over plates and it looks clean and really good but i don't know if it'll suit white. I guess i'll have to see how it turns out after the respray :)

thanks mate :) well like you said it'll get dropped, tinted, silver argents and kitted first of all before any power mods. oh yeah sunshine, not to far! i honestly don't see many e series in our area compared to eastern suburbs.

haha yeah it sure is but jeez their busy! i got pushed back to saturday now :( not that I'm in a rush because it just gives me more time to save for other goodies but damn I'm excited! :D

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:04 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: BA & EF XR6

NSW, Australia

Looks like a good buy, I'll be following this build see how it turns out, Good luck champ

The dichotomy between atrophy and hypertrophy. If you're not growing, you're decaying. Get busy living, or get busy dying!

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

thanks mate :)

well guys i dropped the car off at the panel beaters today. I've told him to remove the spoiler, debadge the whole thing except the front grill, spray the window surrounds, respray the red door and bumper molds, spray and fit the body kit. he is also doing inside the door jams and inside the bonnet.

all this for $1500 :D

told him to take his time and not rush it and it'll be ready by new years or a week after it due to all the last min taxi repairs they have and holidays when they'll be shut.

once the car comes out i'll be ordering my silver argents. I've been quoted $1320 including tyres but obviously the tyres will be some cheap asian s**t and the mrs is paying for my lowering as a christmas gift :)

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 13  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next