Fordmods Logo

EL XR6 take 2! Simmons FR19's F: 19x8.5in R: 19x10 4in dish 

Page 1 of 13 [ 192 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

Post subject: EL XR6 take 2! Simmons FR19's F: 19x8.5in R: 19x10 4in dish
Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR6

VIC, Australia

Hey guys I’m Fez and this is my EL XR6 that I brought as my first car. First of all I’m 17 and will be getting my P’s in February and this build won’t consist of s**t P plate mods like blue parking lights and painted interior trims.

I brought the car 100% stock with low km’s and an immaculate interior! Not one tear/burn or stain. Every hose in the engine bay is brand new and genuine from Ford, it came with a brand new radiator, thermo fans and injectors. I picked up the car for $3200 from the auctions with 2 weeks rego. Little did I know that I was being shafted $400 in auction fee’s.

After bringing the car home I did the following:
- oil + filter.
- new tyres, stockies, center caps, chrome nuts and chrome trims.
- rear brake pads and front discs.
- water pump + gasket.
- overflow bottle.
- radiator flush.
- distributor.
- EF rear lights.

In the next few weeks the lifters were ticking off their heads which was funny since it was a tickford head. I ended up replacing all the lifters and the rocker cover gasket in my VET class at school. Soon after that I fitted a 2.5in redback cat back exhaust with straight secondary tail pipe. Not having my license and selling my dad’s EF he needed a car so his been driving this but now it sits at home after purchasing a new car.

mods to come before 2012:
- full respray in the same color, high gloss black plastics and painted door/bumper molds (sick of having to heat them up with the heat gun and polishing) debadged all around in the process but minus the grill and it will get despoilered and tickford kitted :)
- red and white walls
- lowered on SSL all around
- twin straight cut exhaust tip

mods to come from start of 2012 till I get my p’s (February):
- twin JL audio w0v3 12in subs and a JL monoblock (sitting in my room), JL audio splits (front and rear) + Philips DVD player
- 5% tint
- illuminated inner/outer door handles

straight after my P's:
- 19in silver argents
- monroe GT shocks (contemplating)
- slotted/drilled rotors

EL XR6 first car: fresh respray, tickford kit, debadged, 19in silver agents, SSL's.
Build thread: the-garage-f53/my-first-car-el-xr6-respray-and-kitted-soon-t109269.html

Last edited by fez_k on Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Post subject: Re: my first car - EL XR6 respray and kitted soon
Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

Looks straight as mate,
really loving the look of the steelies.

Dunno about the 5% tint, and being a P Plater, you'll get defected SO quick

Blue blooded.

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:41 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 1992 Ford Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Hey mate,
That's a clean looking XR6, and the steelies actually look quite good too.
How many kms are on it?

2000 AU Falcon - 17" BA XR6 Turbo's, 2.5" Catback exhaust...
1992 EB Fairmont - Stock!

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

when i seen the part
Quote:
Hey guys I’m Fez and this is my EL XR6 that I brought as my first car. First of all I’m 17 and will be getting my P’s in February and this build won’t consist of s**t P plate mods like blue parking lights and painted interior trims.

i thought ah ok so hes going to work the s**t outta the motor, interesting, so anything your going to do to the motor power wise or leaving it stock and just cleaning it up here and there? by the way i consider the subs rice boy p plater crap, only if you have more than 1 sub though. by the way shes in top nick, should look into a manual conversion, much more fun mate

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

thanks mate, the stockies were a much better option then the stock wheels that came with it.

I want to the exterior first before any major engine mod's and have a clean daily car. I work for BMW so if I can get a company car the XR will come off the road and converted to manual and turbo but that's still a long way away.

The car will go in for the respray sometime this week when the panel beaters are but but in the mean time the badges and spoiler will come off.

Opinions on 2 autometer gauges on the bonnet or molded into the wiper grill?

EL XR6 first car: fresh respray, tickford kit, debadged, 19in silver agents, SSL's.
Build thread: the-garage-f53/my-first-car-el-xr6-respray-and-kitted-soon-t109269.html

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

why dont you put the gauges in the ash tray/stereo surround area, under the stereo where that pocket is to sit stuff? neat and inside the car, i hate the ones outside the car, seems lazy to me lol

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

It was just a suggestion and asking for opinions not saying I will be doing it, no need to get worked up about it but I do appreciate the honesty. As far goes I'm not going to spend my apprentice wage on gauges when I could put the money towards extractors and a high flow cat instead.

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford

VIC, Australia

Like the look of your EL XR with the interceptor rims....Looks very neat and tidy.

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Thanks man, they have chrome trims and nuts on it too atm. It'll sit on these till I save for the silver agents :)

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Fairmont Ghia & TS Magna

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
Saw this last night. Read it that there's not gonna be any stupid p-plater mods. Thought this kid might be ok.

Next day i re-read and gauges on the bonnet or inside the car? That's one biggest and tacky mods for any NA car. Justified only if car is highly worked or inducted.

May as well have LEDs and a cannon.

hmmmm gauges only justfied if car is highly worked or inducted, what a load of utter crap.....

highly quality water temp, oil pressure and pyro gauges can help a driver detect any nasty problems.

factory gauges in the cluster have never been really acurate.....

I don't know what to write in here LOL
Bear's Build Thread

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Quote:
hmmmm gauges only justfied if car is highly worked or inducted, what a load of utter crap.....

highly quality water temp, oil pressure and pyro gauges can help a driver detect any nasty problems.

well said mate!

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
BEAR80 wrote:
uniacidz wrote:
Saw this last night. Read it that there's not gonna be any stupid p-plater mods. Thought this kid might be ok.

Next day i re-read and gauges on the bonnet or inside the car? That's one biggest and tacky mods for any NA car. Justified only if car is highly worked or inducted.

May as well have LEDs and a cannon.

Is an opinion. f**k me, take a f**k chill pill dude. seriously

im on your side, the standard gauges work good enough to know whats going on, for a standard car, if you were going to boost it or if it was an all out n/a or boosted track car than it would make sense,

BF XR6

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Fairmont Ghia & TS Magna

NSW, Australia

chill pill taken LOL

I'm a pedantic a**hole and love knowing whats going on inside my engine, i had water temp, oil pressure and puro gauge in my rs impreza and it allowed me to monitor my engine really well and helped diagnose possible engine issues normally associated with ej subaru engines, well worth the $800 or so all up for gauges, gauge holder, welding in exhaust port and wire, much much cheaper then going through the hassle of changine a boxer engine 473,xxx kays aon my subaru when sold and still running factory installed head gaskets, still running nice and strong:twisted: .....

I don't know what to write in here LOL
Bear's Build Thread

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:47 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1995 EF Falcon

SA, Australia

Agreed. Having your car festooned with gauges is just a wankfest.. course its his ride if he wants to pretend he's getting around in an F-18 on afterburners so be it.

South Australia.. Heaps good.

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

anyways f**k the gauges, drained it.

I'm having trouble deciding if i should tell the panel beaters to spray the bumper/door molds white or keep them red. Does anyone have any pictures of white on white EF/EL's? or fairmont ghia ones?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 13  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next