Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

93_eb_fairmont wrote:
I was watching this one closely
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... K:MEWAX:IT
They are out there man and you'll kick yourself when you coulda bought that but instead made yours look a tiny bit less crap for the same money.
Dont take it the wrong way but Ive been there done that, and nothing beats saying "yeah, we'll take the XR" or "I'll meet you there in the XR" or "I'm wayyy too p****d to drive, we'll just f**k in the back of my XR"

That one doesn't have a kit on it...you'd still need to buy the kit to make it look full spec XR. Not to mention hail damage (can be costly to fix especially with a respray) needs a new clutch by the sounds of it and no RWC (maybe new brakes, new tyres etc as stated by wear and tear).

Nothing wrong with doing up a normal GLi to your own likings. It's not always the money, it's the time and effort that was put into a car that is more meaningful than the price itself (at times). Also if you require an XR to get the ladies or need an XR to show off...you need to find a better way of being cool. Buying an XR doesn't mean you're better than the rest, just means you may have the extra money to buy it (except quarter mile...you'd probably look better with numbers).

I think I would have done the same mods to a GLi (plus some for the luxury extras) as I have to the Fairmont. The feeling of satisfaction after completion of a mod done by oneself...is pretty priceless.

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Post subject: Re: first car
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 1990 XF Ute

VIC, Australia

scottus wrote:
and im only 17

y ur profile say 20?? lol

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 1990 XF Ute

VIC, Australia

93_eb_fairmont wrote:
They are out there man and you'll kick yourself when you coulda bought that but instead made yours look a tiny bit less crap for the same money.
Dont take it the wrong way but Ive been there done that, and nothing beats saying "yeah, we'll take the XR" or "I'll meet you there in the XR" or "I'm wayyy too p****d to drive, we'll just f**k in the back of my XR"

good old car sex lol

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU Fairmont Ghia

SA, Australia

93_eb_fairmont wrote:
nothing beats saying "yeah, we'll take the XR" or "I'll meet you there in the XR" or "I'm wayyy too p****d to drive, we'll just f**k in the back of my XR"

:lol: PMSL!!! Nicely said.. but it's not as good as shaggin' in the Wagon, more room = more fun :)

dc_todd wrote:
Cheap pads squeal like cheap hookers, and you can take that to the bank.

Au Fairmont Ghia
My (Old) 95 EF Wagon

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

fordnut1988 wrote:
scottus wrote:
and im only 17

y ur profile say 20?? lol

made my account awhile ago thought there might be an age thing

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

phongus wrote:
93_eb_fairmont wrote:

That one doesn't have a kit on it...you'd still need to buy the kit to make it look full spec XR. Not to mention hail damage (can be costly to fix especially with a respray) needs a new clutch by the sounds of it and no RWC (maybe new brakes, new tyres etc as stated by wear and tear).

Nothing wrong with doing up a normal GLi to your own likings. It's not always the money, it's the time and effort that was put into a car that is more meaningful than the price itself (at times). Also if you require an XR to get the ladies or need an XR to show off...you need to find a better way of being cool. Buying an XR doesn't mean you're better than the rest, just means you may have the extra money to buy it (except quarter mile...you'd probably look better with numbers).

I think I would have done the same mods to a GLi (plus some for the luxury extras) as I have to the Fairmont. The feeling of satisfaction after completion of a mod done by oneself...is pretty priceless.

i agree with you

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

you have to do the front thought.the xr front gives it that sex appeal that all the others lack.i love the front of the EL XR6 not the biggesst fan of the back unless its dumped with no spoiler.XR's just look tough, cant go past em.

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:22 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: AUII XR8 ute

VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
93_eb_fairmont wrote:

I dont need an XR to pull chicks or get sex, all I need is todays paper and a couple hundred dollars cash.
What I am saying is, they are just better (proper xr's) , knowing you've got the real thing.

How many bears could Bear Grylls grill if Bear Grylls could grill bears?

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:37 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BLOWN 347 EB GT/ BF XR6 TURBO

Power: 345 rwkw

NSW, Australia

ony one bit of advice i can give you dear boy is do it right first time take it to the experts and pay that little extra then once you have seen it done then have a go yourself
ANZ wheels do a copy of those rims to suit ef/el look them up online for closest distribtor

As for lowering ,,shop around and get quotes and make sure you include a camber caster shim kit for the front and labour to fit and a wheel alignment

as for exhaust depends were you go but can get full system including cat and extractors in 2.5' press bent tho fittted for $750 these days if it is auto get two mufflers if it is manual get it with one muffler and a resonator ... because with the auto on std motor it will drone and be very annoying at freeway crusing speeds

next step get 3.45 ratio diff gears with lsd centre

and dont forget the tint aswell get full metallic tint and go 5%
heaps more things to do like clear indicators full custom body kit with ba gt frt and rear lower bar sections pm SWC for those... leather interior upgrade fairlane dash conversion pwr windows all round
HID lights ......the list is endless

MY CAR PLZ TAKE A LOOK forums/xtt909-update-t66227.html

DAZFAB MEMBERS ,,,,DAZZLE, EBI347, TERRORISTGHIA, TROYMAN ,SWC, XTT909

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:07 pm 
Stock as a Rock

XTT909 wrote:
ony one bit of advice i can give you dear boy is do it right first time take it to the experts and pay that little extra then once you have seen it done then have a go yourself
ANZ wheels do a copy of those rims to suit ef/el look them up online for closest distribtor

As for lowering ,,shop around and get quotes and make sure you include a camber caster shim kit for the front and labour to fit and a wheel alignment

as for exhaust depends were you go but can get full system including cat and extractors in 2.5' press bent tho fittted for $750 these days if it is auto get two mufflers if it is manual get it with one muffler and a resonator ... because with the auto on std motor it will drone and be very annoying at freeway crusing speeds

next step get 3.45 ratio diff gears with lsd centre

and dont forget the tint aswell get full metallic tint and go 5%
heaps more things to do like clear indicators full custom body kit with ba gt frt and rear lower bar sections pm SWC for those... leather interior upgrade fairlane dash conversion pwr windows all round
HID lights ......the list is endless

hey thanks for that mate, and yeah ill look up those wheels. Do u recommend them because they fit straight on without using spacers?
and how much do you think for lowering the car? doing it right not any cheap s**t job
and my brothers commodore has one muffle and the car drones

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:18 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: ef fairmont ghia

VIC, Australia

phongus wrote:
lowering your car will depend how deep your pockets are. You can spend as little as $100 (second hand springs only) to $2500+ (new springs + shocks). If you just want it to look good but ride like hell, then it can be done cheaply...if you want it to look lowered with comfortable ride, spend more.

i agree when it comes to working on your car think of how long u intend to keep and let that sort of be a guide to how mauch you spend because then youll keep in mind that you wont make money. i intenend to keep mine as long as possible so i try and buy the best stuff i can even if it takes longer.

im currently working on lowering the car and its costing 300 odd dolllars a shock and then what ever pedders ryder springs cost.

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:11 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BLOWN 347 EB GT/ BF XR6 TURBO

Power: 345 rwkw

NSW, Australia

yes no spacers makes you leagal!!
we charge $500 frt and rear no shocks including wheel alignment thats including labour with king springs
a exhaust that drones gets old fast

MY CAR PLZ TAKE A LOOK forums/xtt909-update-t66227.html

DAZFAB MEMBERS ,,,,DAZZLE, EBI347, TERRORISTGHIA, TROYMAN ,SWC, XTT909

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

XTT909 wrote:
yes no spacers makes you leagal!!
we charge $500 frt and rear no shocks including wheel alignment thats including labour with king springs
a exhaust that drones gets old fast

i live in W.A :/. but thats good pricing

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

Esteven8 wrote:
93_eb_fairmont wrote:
nothing beats saying "yeah, we'll take the XR" or "I'll meet you there in the XR" or "I'm wayyy too p****d to drive, we'll just f**k in the back of my XR"

:lol: PMSL!!! Nicely said.. but it's not as good as shaggin' in the Wagon, more room = more fun :)

more room just means more chicks uleh!! fully sick lol

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 6  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next