Fordmods Logo

FUTURLANE ULTIMATE BUDGET STORIES 

Page 213 of 213 [ 3186 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 209, 210, 211, 212, 213

Post subject: Re: FUTURLANE ULTIMATE BUDGET STORIES
Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

In relation to someone thinking I was PHonGuS...

Yeah, like I wish I was that smart, handsome and had a car like his....

---------
Attachment:
backtrackhackBIGMOOSE.jpg

Video from the event on sunday... Click here

Quite happy to be out and about, being followed by the Toyota 86... Car was going okay considering the J3 was proven to be dead and car was not running with 350kpa fuel regulator just 48 hours prior to this event starting...

Managed some pretty good drifting later in the day, before loosing third gear (oil cooler required) after the third lap... This video shows me going straight ahead after letting the super fast little Datsun race car past at the left hander. Front wheels locked up as tried braking at same point as the 900kg pocket rocket (DUH!)..

Anyways, get out and support your local grass roots event.

You fella's without leaf springs in your 1800kg cars should kick my butt.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:25 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

VIC, Australia

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Nah... There is a video of it driving though....!....

Uhm, car looks horrid right now - Ripped the rear bar off going through a bump in the in field after trying to drift the front straight....
;-)

Filled the radiator intake up with grass (as you do) and then the tow system broke on the way home... Had a hard time getting it a hundred kilometres to a safe place before getting back to pick up the tow car...
:roll:
Is sitting on 16" wheels (same size as the AU XR6) with some slicks on it... Crazy large wheel arch for such a thing, I admit. Front shocks and springs are SL AU, top control arms have been shortened to give a little caster and camber.... Worked a little better at the track, but after nose diving into the ditch the steering alingment is miles off - think that whatever is left of that K-frame is a joke, and probably pushed the shock towers around a mm or two over the years of abuse also.

Alloy on roof is a patch job as have an inner roof of alloy which was designed to work with removing the rear window and running perspex down to the tailgate lip. Basically this gave the car the same aero as a very large two door coupe. It was disqualified during scrutineering a few weeks ago, so now has a perspex rear window with alloy support in prescribe FIA fashion.
:P

Also have removed the front bit of the sill to the wheel arch, allowing air out smoothly. Will put alloy sheet under the car from mid floor pan, under the diff, to the back bar to prevent the parachute bumper at some point in future....

Found some four pot Brembo brakes on a V8 BMW that are not too far away from fitting the AU3 stub axle and large brake package... Will get these on one day, along with the two pot AU3 XR6 brakes on the back.. . Yeah, kiwi style bro.

The list of things to do is huge. The cash and energy level is not there. Working on your little driveway in front of a state house is not good. The kitchen has more tools and car parts than kitchen stuff. The lounge ain't much better.

Have not managed to buy steel to make a new tow rig as power and phone bills came in...
So, back to the real world. And making excuses to an ex about leaving car in her yard.

At least her cats have a toy for a week or two...
Attachment:
taco.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:46 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '91 EB Wagoon

VIC, Australia

fiend wrote:

Photobucket wants $400/year to display my photos on this site. f**k that. Click here]

link doesn't work for long . . . . ..... good to see you looking after her cats :mrgreen:

Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Attachment:
winzracing_done.jpg

Mad bro...

Car has OUTPAWED - Feral Cat Rescue advertising on it.

Also has WINZ RACING on front window... WINZ is NZ version of Centerlink if I have not mentioned that before.

Look for @winzracing on twit-her or stalkerbook!

Check out the original WINZ (work and income nz) logo

Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

And here was the version with my old battle tank...

The car is now back to running very poorly on intermitant cylinders. Had to drive it a hundred km on the road and could only afford a very little crappy 91 octane petrol to get there. Pretty sure that has something to do with it.

Currently using a 350kpa fuel reg and AU injectors. Was running BA injectors for a while.

SERIOUSLY need a new J3 chip. My one, serial number tc001-054 which was a replacement for tc001-049 which came with the wrong tune installed, is as old as the hills and probably the first one to come to New Zealand.

I think they are up to 1800 units sold now, going by other peoples serial numbers on the back of the T.I performance chip.

Sort by  
 Page 213 of 213  [ 3186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 209, 210, 211, 212, 213