Page 4 of 5 [ 65 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: Gab's EF 5 litre GLi Bitsa Fairmont Ghia *NEW PICS*
Posted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Hey dude,

It's been a while since you updated, hope that means lots of time enjoying your "e series". At times I don't get many replies in my build thread either, and I've got a few car's I'm playing with.

The "e series" are getting a bit older, not as many young guys interested in them atm, they are all going for the B series car's, so our thread's are probably not as popular as they once were. I still get more than few views, but nowhere near as many replies.

Don't worry about it dude, just keep building & enjoying your toy, and fellow "e series" dudes will drop in from time to time!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:08 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: LV XR5T

NSW, Australia

Gab1 wrote:
lol does anyone read my thread anymore? no replies for ages, lol

As above, chin up. A lot of people go for B-series and write E-series cars off as old s**t. Keep going with it, i dont know many guys who'll look twice at a B-series (even FPV) but they definitely love e-series. The thing with e-series again, is those who like them tend to like certain types, like XR's, Ghias, box-cars, etc so its an even smaller group who look. But keep your car clean and looking nice and you'll still get looks from those who know.

I know i get bugger all comments in my threads, but the joy i get from driving mine is easily enough reason to stick with them. I even just bought another one haha

If you love, keep it! B-series are nice but the grass isn't always greener (which a lot of other young guys are finding!)

Previous -
EL XR8 - Navy, 5.0, coilovers, custom twin 2.25" exhaust
EL Fairmont Ghia - Heritage, V8, Coilovers, leather, elec seat, sunroof, Ticky kit, EL XR front, dual fuel, EL GT's, custom twin exhaust
2011 Fiesta LX

Current -
LV XR5T

Last edited by braad on Tue May 22, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

Thanks for the comments guys, I definatley still love my E series (and my even older XF for that matter), and I wont be parting with it in a hurry.

Cheers, Gab

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

Im with these two.

Ive got both an XF 5.0 (the ugly ducking in the X Series) and an EL 185kw.. only did the engine conversion 2 months ago. Truth be told I actually love the EB's - or an ED with the EB grille LOL. Im looking for a really nice example at the moment - white, fairmont, immac. good luck to me! haha

I dont give much for the B Series etc - Theyre a little too much plastic for me - yeah they go, but they dont seem to have any residual value, or memories for most

nigel

Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:25 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 97 white EL GLi

VIC, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
Hey dude,

It's been a while since you updated, hope that means lots of time enjoying your "e series". At times I don't get many replies in my build thread either, and I've got a few car's I'm playing with.

The "e series" are getting a bit older, not as many young guys interested in them atm, they are all going for the B series car's, so our thread's are probably not as popular as they once were. I still get more than few views, but nowhere near as many replies.

Don't worry about it dude, just keep building & enjoying your toy, and fellow "e series" dudes will drop in from time to time!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I'm 16 and LOVE my E series, my friends give me s**t for it, as they prefer new cars... Anywho, keep posting mate! :-)

Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 1:17 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EL Wagon, DF LTD

VIC, Australia

RUXT0N wrote:
I'm 16 and LOVE my E series, my friends give me s**t for it, as they prefer new cars... Anywho, keep posting mate! :-)

Same here! Cop a bit because of it's age, and apparently being a 'bogan car'. My school is full of indians, asians and wogs who are far more concerned with s**t Japanese imports. I just give them the same response; I don't need a super fast Asian car to make me feel like a man. That's what my girlfriend is for.

Anyway, back to the topic, Gab. Even being pretty new to this site, I reckon there's still a lot of love for the E-Series. I think they are tops. And I'm looking forward to seeing what you end up doing with this one!

The gene pool could do with a little bit of chlorine...

Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

There you go Gab, there's a couple of young guys into the "E series" falcons, so you will have your audience still! You got me anyway. If you two wanna see some other "E series" falcons being played with, pop over to my build thready, in-between playing with my other toys, there's 3 EB's getting played with. :D

A commodore is much more of a bogan car than a falcon, but you can't tell those rice boys.

Gab, keep at it man, what's the next move with your project?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:48 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: falcon's

QLD, Australia

keep up the thread mate. nice and informative on what your doing and keeping the e series alive. i'm a little older than the other boys (29) and can afford much better cars but i love both my e series. they have a bit of character unlike spending 70k on a black clubsport like everyone around my area seems to do. oh yeah the 'bitsa' is looking pretty good too

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

A little bit of an update here, This car's been pretty reliable for the last couple of months and I've just been driving it, but a couple of weeks ago, I managed to get bogged in my mates driveway, 2 nights in a row lol, so I got a whole lot of mud caked on underneath my car. I also some how managed to get 1/2 of my Fairmont badge broken off. I've now debadged it. I got a Pedders check done and it wasn't too bad but 1 of my lower control arm bushes is starting to split and the swaybar links are a bit loose. We also plugged it in to a Scan tool and got a few codes, so I've been going through them and trying to fix them. I need to buy a soldering iron again so I can solder some of it up.

Gab

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

LOL - I just read the bit "A little older than the other boys" LOL.

Im 41. Love the E Series. Actually love the EBII/D series fairmont, but Ive got an EL Fairy which I did the 5.0 conversion to.

Love reading that other people have time / enough interest to do this. One day it will all stop. Sad day

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Nigel wrote:
LOL - I just read the bit "A little older than the other boys" LOL.

Im 41. Love the E Series. Actually love the EBII/D series fairmont, but Ive got an EL Fairy which I did the 5.0 conversion to.

Love reading that other people have time / enough interest to do this. One day it will all stop. Sad day

It wont stop, unless I cant get petrol, but then I'll make petrol, then if I cant make petrol, I'll make something else my car can run on, lol

Gab

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

LOL.

Well - I got the EL 185... ebay, $500 including the manifolds (inlet and El gt extractors)... so that went into mine.

I dont get petrol often - but Im on LPG. I just got LPGi for a really good price (think less than 3 0's) and that will go on my AU 200kw manifold in the next few weeks, with the AU Throttle body and MAF housing.

.. then I wont care about being on LPG. in fact, I *should* be quicker on LPG than Petrol.

Im still having fun, and when that stops I'll take my 5.0i XF Falcon for a drive

.. and when that stops.... I better be over 70 or something and unable to use an engine crane etc.

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: XG

VIC, Australia

I agree also guys, BA are ok but also prefer the E Series and X series, only thing I like about B Series now are their engines which one day want one in me EF.

keep up the good work and keep updating, I don't get many comments on mine but its good to know if someone wants to have a lot of what I've done to my car its all on here etc.

XG Ute - 3 Seater - Auto - Dual Fuel

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, NCII V8

SA, Australia

hey mate.

i will be doing this in a few days time have a EF V8 sedan all v8 gear going into a EF L6 Wagon.

Did you HAVE to change the K frame or does the 8 sit on the original one ok.

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

K frame is the same buddy.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 5  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next