Gab's XF Falcon Wagon 

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Gab's XF Falcon Wagon
Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

Another (small) update here. The Kenwood headunit that I recently got for this wagon, I decided to put into my EF, so the wagon will get the Pioneer from the EF, still a reasonable unit, but not quite as good. I got some rubber grommets for the front doors, So I can run wires in there for speakers, and electric mirrors (I am going to fit some 6" 3 ways into both front doors) I pulled the radiator out, and decided to flush it, because the coolant was old, and brown and had gubbins in it. You wouldnt BELEVE the amount of brown crap that came out of the radiator, Not sure if I should get a new radiator based on that. I am gonna pick up some coolant, and oil and oil filter for this car during the week and do a minor service on it (What are people's thoughts on oil for a worn (but not buggered) XF Falcon?) I am thinking something like a Valvoline Max life, or Shell Helix for older engines. Other than that, I trial fitted an EB Radiator (told you I like doing experiments with this car) and it came very close to fitting, but I think one of the uprights for the rad support would need to be notched, so I'm not prepared to do that at this stage. That's about all that's going on with this car at the moment.

Gab

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Alright, bit of an update here. One of the ball studs that holds the tailgate struts on completely rusted out, so a mate of mine welded up most of the rust around the tailgate area for me. There's bugger all rust there now and he did a very good job. I went to another swap meet, and I managed to pick up a chrome rocker cover. The car is still full of junk and needs cleaning up inside, but I'm doing that over time and not driving it overly much at the moment. This car was not handling properley, and was all over the road, So I fitted some 2nd hand rear shocks that I pulled out of an XD that I wrecked, and tighted up one of the swaybar D bush retaining brackets, and put some more air in the tyres (lol) and now it's heaps better, but I think it's time to do the wheel bearings. I bought some grease the other day. Other than that, I havent gotten around to putting a stereo back in yet, gotta do that soon, and I ended up doing a service on it which included air filter, oil, oil filter, coolant flush, brake fluid flush and stuff. I am going to put my sports steering wheel back on soon, and probably adjust the steering box. I also picked up some EF Classic rims, so I need to get some tyres changed over soon.

Gab

Posted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Alright, time for a bit of an update here. This car has now run out of rego, So I'll be taking the oppitunity to pull it off the road for a MUCH NEEDED clean up. I managed to drive into a pole and it damaged the rear drivers door as well, So I'll need to repair that. I've removed all the black side strips, and the windscreen wiper arms, and anything else that's supposed to be black that I can get off, and I've been painting them up. I also painted the sill panels black again. I had another rear door from an XD that I wrecked, it is straight and now it's in undercoat, I am gonna paint it when the weather warms up a bit. I sussed out why the heater isnt working, the heater control is stuffed, and the thermostat was stuck shut. So that wasnt helping eithier. So a new thermostat and heater control is on the cards. Other than that, I've pretty much just been cleaning some things on this car. I might try to put some air in some of the crap tyres on the EF classic rims soon and see if I can swap them over for a pic. I also refitted the pioneer headunit from the EF. That's about all that's been going on with this car lately. I am saving up so that I can pay the rego before I have to get a RWC again, but if I do have to get a RWC, it's not the end of the world, it wont need alot, but I'd rather just avoid that complication all together.

Gab

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Well today the rego was paid, the car still needs a cleanup & a half, the weather has been too crap. I need to find some bits and pieces, the car needs alot of bulbs, fuses, wiper blades and things like that. It's also FILTHY and when I took it for a spin today it blew a water hose. So it needs a bit of work, but I'll be getting in to it over the next few weeks. At least the rego is paid again. I also got some new front shockers a couple of weeks ago (Some Gabriel Ultimates) That's pretty much where this car's at at the moment, I'll get some pics of it looking a bit sad and sorry for itself over the next few days, and I'll start cleaning it up. The battery is stuffed too so I had to borrow the battery from the EF to get it running for today's test drive. I ended up selling the EF classic rims and the VS Commodore tyres that I had for this car to help fund the rego so I'll be sticking to crappy 14's for awhile, at least the tyres have some tread.

Gab

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 1990 XF Ute

VIC, Australia

Still got this wagon ?

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:47 am 
Getting Side Ways