Gab's XF Falcon Wagon 

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Gab's XF Falcon Wagon
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 40 images

Ride: EF GLi/Ghia bitsa

VIC, Australia

Hey, well I've made a thread on my EF, so I thought I'd make one on my XF Wagon also.

Had this car for about 4 years, a bit longer than I've had my EF, it's pretty standard, has a 250 Crossflow in it, and I fitted a T5 manual, and a 2.77 LSD diff with disc brakes on the back, was originaly a T bar auto, with a drum brake single spinner. Overall, it's in pretty good nick, but it has a bit of rust around the tailgate area (quite bad, but fixable) Mechanically it's pretty good, but it needs new shocks, and a new interior (The interior is a mess) the plans for this car are to fix up some of the rust, get some new shocks, get a new interior, and get a better set of rims, and give the car a good general CLEANUP. it might eventually get put on LPG (might not too) and it might eventually get lowered (might not too) I havent really decided. This car will be used for a bit of a work vehicle for me, and I like to do experiments with this car too, For example, I put a 351 Cleveland in it, but I pulled that out again when I ran out of coin to make an exhaust, and I also put a 4 Litre OHC in it for awhile, didnt get that running though due to the BTR hitting the crossmember bolt up points (I think it would fit with a T5) and I've also put an EF dash in it once, to see how close that would come, and it came pretty close. I might give some of those things another go in the future too, and I'm likely to do other experiments with this car lol.

Gab

The XF
Rear veiw
Crappy interior
Engine bay
Front Veiw

Gab

Post subject: Re: Gab's XF Falcon Wagon
Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

good to finnaly be able to see it lol, always talking about it, would xh seats etc fit into it? maybe go for that late x model ute/panelvan dash and interior, an au motor or even an e series would be good, hos much room is there under the bonnet, will the bbm fit in there or didnt you shut the bonnet?

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

bry40l wrote:
good to finnaly be able to see it lol, always talking about it, would xh seats etc fit into it? maybe go for that late x model ute/panelvan dash and interior, an au motor or even an e series would be good, hos much room is there under the bonnet, will the bbm fit in there or didnt you shut the bonnet?

Unfortunatley, XH seats bolt up the same as E series, and wont fit the XF, but I reckon E Series seats could be modified to fit relatively easily (I did fit a set of EB Front seats to my old XF Sedan. An XH dash conversion is something I'd love to do, and may happen in the future, but I may fit a WHOLE E series dash. We fitted an EB style 4 litre, with the log manifold, and yes the bonnet will shut (Just look at an XG ute lol) The BBM will fit under the bonnet too apparently, I've seen it done.

Gab

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

Gab1 wrote:
bry40l wrote:

Unfortunatley, XH seats bolt up the same as E series, and wont fit the XF, but I reckon E Series seats could be modified to fit relatively easily (I did fit a set of EB Front seats to my old XF Sedan. An XH dash conversion is something I'd love to do, and may happen in the future, but I may fit a WHOLE E series dash. We fitted an EB style 4 litre, with the log manifold, and yes the bonnet will shut (Just look at an XG ute lol) The BBM will fit under the bonnet too apparently, I've seen it done.

Gab

you should be out there fitting the heads to that 302 and then once thats going get a start on this beast! lol

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 1990 XF Ute

VIC, Australia

why is there a ea-ed wheel in there do they fit the xf?

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fordnut1988 wrote:

Yeah mate EA-ED steering wheels do fit the XF, I am contemplating using it and getting the cruise control buttons to work.

Gab

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Gab1 wrote:
fordnut1988 wrote:

Yeah mate EA-ED steering wheels do fit the XF, I am contemplating using it and getting the cruise control buttons to work.

Gab

are they a straight fit? like would a xf bosskit bolt straight to a eb?

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Not quite, doesnt work that way but works the other way, an EB boss kit will bolt to an XF.

Gab

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Gab1 wrote:
Not quite, doesnt work that way but works the other way, an EB boss kit will bolt to an XF.

Gab

wtf how does that work?

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fordnut1988 wrote:
Gab1 wrote:

Gab

wtf how does that work?

The EB Boss kit has contact rings on it for the horn,wheras an XF doesnt. These contact rings dont affect anything on an XF, but without them, the EB's horn isnt gonna work.

Gab

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Gab1 wrote:
fordnut1988 wrote:
Gab1 wrote:

Gab

wtf how does that work?

The EB Boss kit has contact rings on it for the horn,wheras an XF doesnt. These contact rings dont affect anything on an XF, but without them, the EB's horn isnt gonna work.

Gab

but it will bolt on yeah? u could run a seperate switch for the horn

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah but pretty sure it's not legal, and at least the standard XF wheel will sit too close the the EB indicator stalks etc.

Gab

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Alright time for a bit of an update here, Sussed out the rear brakes, the handbrake is really sticky, and it looks like it's due to sticking calipers, so I'll need to eithier rebuild a pair, or get my hands on a good 2nd hand set of calipers. I got a few days work at a scrap metal place, and I managed to pick up a few things for this car.

Got a set of mags, just EF Classic wheels, but they are 15" and I have some good tyres for them that I got off a VS Commodore, so they'll do for awhile, what I eventually want to do is get a few different sets of rims, and swap them around as I please, between BOTH my cars also:

Picked up this Kenwood headunit:
It plays MP3 and WMA, and has twin RCA preouts and a detatchable face, I'm tempted to put it in my EF and fit the pioneer from my EF to the wagon, but at least the wagon finally has some tunes

I had an EFI XF rocker cover lying around, and I noticed the XF had a bit of a rocker cover gasket leak, so I decided to fit it, silastic seals the EFI covers well, no more leaks, and looks heaps better:
I intend to get a chrome air filter too which will make it look a bit better.

I also managed to pick up an EB centre console off a mate which was in slightly damaged condition, and I also had an NC Fairlane one here, so I joined the 2 together, and bought a manual insert off a member here, and now I have a tidy centre console:

I also went to the wreckers, and got a fusebox cover, and a LH kick panel, and a lower shroud for the steering column. Makes it look a bit tidier.

Also bought some prepsol, a flapper disc, some sandpaper and some rust converter to get started on some of the rust. I noticed the other day that my LH mirror has become broken, so I'm probably gonna fit some electric mirrors when I find a set.

That's basically all for now, the wagon seems to be pretty reliable at the moment so I've been driving it heaps too. It does need new shocks pretty bad though.

Gab

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Also, I managed to pick up a healthy BF engine off a mate, I wonder if it will potentially make it's way into this car? It also just as likely wont, but I thought I'd throw the pic in anyway

Gab

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

bout time we saw an update dude lol i finally made a build thread :D

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next