Fordmods Logo

Granny spec EA with some FG XR6 , vernier gear help please? 

 

Page 2 of 12 [ 169 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: Granny spec EA
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:58 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

also my EA has a gudgeon pin from a model T 1920s version

ok well guess where it is :)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Granny spec EA
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:31 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 45

Posts: 3440

Joined: 23rd Dec 2007

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Man that was a bad smash. You sir are one lucky camper just to be alive!


Oh, and you're welcome. :)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Granny spec EA
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

hey guys im starting to have craving withdrawls from parting with my EF with most of the monty bits and pieces :( /

i dont know what to do ive been offered 3K for the EA but i know that would get me a EF monty if i add anther grand or 2 but i just know the EA has been very looked after etc

any way to make the EA to todays standards in the engine / trans side of things ?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Granny spec EA
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 4599

Joined: 30th Aug 2010

Ride: BF XR6,

Location: NEWCASTLE
NSW, Australia

EF_wanabe wrote:
hey guys im starting to have craving withdrawls from parting with my EF with most of the monty bits and pieces :( /

i dont know what to do ive been offered 3K for the EA but i know that would get me a EF monty if i add anther grand or 2 but i just know the EA has been very looked after etc

any way to make the EA to todays standards in the engine / trans side of things ?

what do you mean by that last paragraph?
personaly id leave the ea as it is and dont sell it, you can get into an ef fairmont for 1500 if you wanted to, 3000 itd wanna be a bloody good ef. 4 years ago i payed $1000 for an unregistered ef fairmont with a pink slip...

 

_________________

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Granny spec EA
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

true

hmm maybe a manual conversion ?

but what if i got some more power lets say a snort kit would it launce with not to much wheel spin due to the high gear ratios ?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Granny spec EA
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 4599

Joined: 30th Aug 2010

Ride: BF XR6,

Location: NEWCASTLE
NSW, Australia

EF_wanabe wrote:
true

hmm maybe a manual conversion ?

but what if i got some more power lets say a snort kit would it launce with not to much wheel spin due to the high gear ratios ?

if your going to turbo it dont put a manual in it for the love of god!! you will just keep breaking gearboxes or blowing clutches, a 4 speed gearbox will hold together for a while with boost if you turn the line pressure up so it has super hard shifts and you run a big external trans cooler

 

_________________

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Granny spec EA
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

ahh ok good thinking

if only this were series 2 with a 4 speed why does god hate me so much
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Granny spec EA
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6166

Joined: 8th May 2007

sell the EA for 3k.

buy 200 x EA's with the money, then find another 200 sukkas who wanna pay 3k for an EA

Image
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Granny spec EA
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

ya i wish the world worked like that but it dont :(

cleaned today the K frame and under neath the susspension area going to be getting some goodies for it in the next 2-3 weeks

i couldnt believe how dirty the sump was and i didnt know the K frame is silver / gold mine was black all mixed with like cat fur / dried up grease car doesnt leak much at all maybe a drop or 2 if lucky thats it

so hows it work for these P platers since im building the car up for my brother

ive heard no mods but the car mags, the audio but ya that dont count , sports exsaust pretty much a 2.5" cat back and soon some handling bits and lowering

do those count ? blush
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Granny spec EA
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

EF_wanabe wrote:
ya i wish the world worked like that but it dont :(

cleaned today the K frame and under neath the susspension area going to be getting some goodies for it in the next 2-3 weeks

i couldnt believe how dirty the sump was and i didnt know the K frame is silver / gold mine was black all mixed with like cat fur / dried up grease car doesnt leak much at all maybe a drop or 2 if lucky thats it

so hows it work for these P platers since im building the car up for my brother

ive heard no mods but the car mags, the audio but ya that dont count , sports exsaust pretty much a 2.5" cat back and soon some handling bits and lowering

do those count ? blush
get fom the horses mouth-regecy,if it fails its back to stock

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Granny spec EA
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

true i dont even know why im asking something so stupid ive gotten an AU thru regency and im 21 have had defetacble death traps in the past but have been lucky not to get defects
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Granny spec EA
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:30 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

EF_wanabe wrote:
true i dont even know why im asking something so stupid ive gotten an AU thru regency and im 21 have had defetacble death traps in the past but have been lucky not to get defects

until a cop looks at it and gives it a defect, and over the pits for a look.SLAM BANG THANK STUFFED and all thats WRONG IS ON A LIST for repairs :shock: :shock:

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Granny spec EA
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

true

bought my self a set of AU injectors at a bargain today car runs ALOT better and a fresh oxy sensor out of a car at the tip so least i know it was those 2 parts doing surging

mmmmm a snort perfomance kit looks mighty tempting come on someone encoruge me
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Granny spec EA
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

whats going to use less fuel the EA or this gunka ? lol
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Granny spec EA
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:07 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

EF/EL door handles painted yay or nay ?

also bought a complete AU head etc well short block split into 2 but cbf dealing with it

figured out my fuel pump was giving me grief car now runs so soo well it puts the neighbors ED wagon to shame spac to be exact haha

also fitted a trip computer thank you tech docos very simple

then also got a EB/ED spac cluster and clear front indicators

also im contemplating the BA head light mod into the EA lights any thoughts ?

then once im a pro at painting il body color the bumpers and trims etc
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 12  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:49 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names