Fordmods Logo

Havok's AUII XR6 HP 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Havok's AUII XR6 HP
Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: AUII XR6, EBII XR6

SA, Australia

Well, I am in the process of selling the EB, albeit a regretful sale. It is going to a good mate so that kind of softens the blow...

About 2 months ago I bought an AUII XR6 in Liquid Silver... The car had 164000kms on it when I got it and is a factory 5 speed, non-IRS with the HP motor.

This is what she looked like when I took her home.

Attachment:
05102009666.jpg

Looks stock as a rock, even down to the SR 16" alloys, the previous owner sold the XR rims which I am kind of annoyed about, not to worry, hope to pick up some series 1 tickford rims or BA XR8's.

The first thing I did was get rid of the shocking Double-DIN cd player that was in there which wouldnt play any CD's at all, and replaced it with my trusty old Pioneer.

Also put in my Alpine Type-S rear 6x9s, had to drill a couple of holes in the parcel shelf as they wouldnt fit the stock 5x7 holes, had to use some MDF spacers...

I picked up some King SL's for the rear (I don't mind the front height, and it's a bit harder to do.) and had a crack at putting them in myself. Piece of piss really.

Removed the rear mud flaps and this is how she sits now...

Attachment:
SNC00215.jpg

I'm happy with the car so far. Goes bloody hard, the economy is outstanding compared to my EB (350-400/tank) the AU gets me 550/tank with a bit of heavy acceleration etc. A couple of things need work such as the belt tensioner pulley is noisy, there is a slight ticking when driving which sounds to be coming from injectors #4 & 5 and the cruise control coast and +/- buttons stopped working. I had a look at the little circuit board that controls the buttons and everything looks ok, it's not the fuse either, anyone know what else I can check, it is a bit of a p.i.t.a because I loved cruise control.

Next mod is a 2.5" exhaust, just need to get up the funds which is a bit hard at christmas time. Also probably look into a short shifter and a bit further down the track cam and tune.

What do you guys think so far, and what mods do you reckon I should go for next?

cheers

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EBII S XR6: 5 Speed short shifter, 4499s, gutted cat, 2.5" Redback, K&N Pod.
AUII XR6: 5 speed, King Super Low Rears.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]