Fordmods Logo

Jewish Garage antics. So Jewish there isnt even a garage! 

Page 4 of 83 [ 1243 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 83  Next

Post subject: Re: MAV50L...............the beast.Is it dead?
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

gogetta wrote:
they will offer u the chance to buy it back at the highest price they get offered from the wreckers....

They may do that down there but not up here.
The cars up here go through the auctions. If the car is nothing out of the ordinary they will offer you a buy back option to save them the grief of getting rid of it.
If it is something they know they will get good money for the buy back will be pretty high and you get to take your chances at the auctions if you knock the buy back offer back.
Seeing as though EVERYTHING on the truck is listed with the insurance (including mechanical componants and changes) it wil not be a cheap buy back. Just the diffs alone with the low gears and lockers are worth a couple of grand.
Then get into the conversion gear , on board air system , aftermarket suspension componants , wheels , stereo blah blah blah and they would want a pretty penny for it.
On the insurance policy the mods and accessories fitted to it goes for nearly 3 pages.
Either way by the time I buy the car back , get another car and swap everything over and re enginneer it and get it back onthe road I would be really lucky to break even financially , yet alone come out in front.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:25 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

EVL098 wrote:
gogetta wrote:
they will offer u the chance to buy it back at the highest price they get offered from the wreckers....

They may do that down there but not up here.
The cars up here go through the auctions. If the car is nothing out of the ordinary they will offer you a buy back option to save them the grief of getting rid of it.
If it is something they know they will get good money for the buy back will be pretty high and you get to take your chances at the auctions if you knock the buy back offer back.
Seeing as though EVERYTHING on the truck is listed with the insurance (including mechanical componants and changes) it wil not be a cheap buy back. Just the diffs alone with the low gears and lockers are worth a couple of grand.
Then get into the conversion gear , on board air system , aftermarket suspension componants , wheels , stereo blah blah blah and they would want a pretty penny for it.
On the insurance policy the mods and accessories fitted to it goes for nearly 3 pages.
Either way by the time I buy the car back , get another car and swap everything over and re enginneer it and get it back onthe road I would be really lucky to break even financially , yet alone come out in front.

Sorry to here about the accident, you must be devastated mate.

If you are able to buy it back or win it back at an auction, could you pick up another one the same colour at a cheap price swap everything over, including plates and all identification and just go get it re registered as the same car? I mean is there anything stopping you from doing that mate, would save you the engineering process all over again.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EDL Fairmont Wagon/AU XR8 Ghia

NSW, Australia

Geezus Dude, just glad you are OK. Damn shame about the beast, I love that truck!!! Hope everything works out for ya, you certainly are due for some good luck about now......

=1994 ED Wagon GLi body/EL Fairmont spec with *ALL* EL running gear.=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=65695
=1998 EL Futura Sedan - The EF Fairmonts Replacement=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=106588

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thanks guys. There is a lot of options of what to do. I just need to wait and see what the insurance companies options are and weigh it up.
It has made me realise just how much I love the old nugget.
Either way the Mav will not be dead. It might just be this version of it that will be.
Will be an excuse to make it into something special. Could be the kick in the a*** I needed.
Just need to play the waiting game and see what unfolds.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Bugger!!!!

I am just pleased that you are ok.

Cars can be replaced or repaired a lot easier than people.

Long Live the Mav!!!!

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Just got in from having it quoted at the Smash Repairs and they have deemed it a total loss. :evil: :cry:
So what it means is I will get the keep the remains of my baby and will get a payout of some description. Dunno yet what that will be.
The trucks rego will be cancelled and it will listed on the written off vehicle register so the bell is tolling for the beast pretty much.
Really dont know yet what Im going to do. There is too much money and time invested in the nugget to walk away from it completely and it would really kill me to break it up and sell it off as parts.
If I buy another truck and build another one it means all that work and engineering again...............and it will never be THE Mav!
Im a shattered man at the moment.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 2021 Amarok V6

SA, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
Just got in from having it quoted at the Smash Repairs and they have deemed it a total loss. :evil: :cry:
So what it means is I will get the keep the remains of my baby and will get a payout of some description. Dunno yet what that will be.
The trucks rego will be cancelled and it will listed on the written off vehicle register so the bell is tolling for the beast pretty much.
Really dont know yet what Im going to do. There is too much money and time invested in the nugget to walk away from it completely and it would really kill me to break it up and sell it off as parts.
If I buy another truck and build another one it means all that work and engineering again...............and it will never be THE Mav!
Im a shattered man at the moment.

mate, that sucks so bad. ts really s**t when one mistake by another driver causes the loss of a great car such as this.

2021 V6 Manual Amarok - 245kw/750nm - many goodies
1997 EL Fairmont Ghia 4.0 - Heritage Green & Cappa
2010 Suzuki GSX650F - when I want to be silly

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Buy another cheap lwb with the payout, get some mates around and swap everything over. It wouldnt take more than a few weekends.

4wd chassis and body's are disposable items anyway :D

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Dansedgli wrote:
Buy another cheap lwb with the payout, get some mates around and swap everything over. It wouldnt take more than a few weekends.

4wd chassis and body's are disposable items anyway :D

That is one of the options on the table. If the car wasnt going on the Written Off Vehicle register that is what would be happening for sure.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ashcook wrote:
Would something along these lines be a suitable body donor? Sorry, I know zilch about these beasts.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-Maverick-Ni ... 286.c0.m14

Thats actually a vehicle Im keeping my eyes on. It all depends on what the payout is compared to the costs involved in getting another half decent vehicle and swapping eveything over and reenginneering it.
It would be much easier to do a number crunch and a body swap but as soon as the truck is on the written off register it will be looked at closely so doing the dodgy is out.
The engineering is about the same cost as the WIV anyways once all the fees are taken into account.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ashcook wrote:
It looks a tidy car but the seller seems pretty unkeen to repair it. You should make him an offer of 1500 or something and see what he says.

Yeah just have to wait and see what comes out of the mess. Dont want to commit to buying anything when I dont know for certain whats going to go on.
Plus getting it here from Coffs will be an issue with the lack of a tow vehicle.
ALso it would be another project that I really dont have time for at the moment. Ideally I would try and get a truck that was running and registered that I could spend a couple of weekends on swapping stuff over on and run it until I finish the ute and things. Then pull it apart and swap over the drivelines.
Who knows what may happen. The Mav may even get repaired yet. Its out of my hands at the moment.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

We could always road trip it in ED and tow it home Lol
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8

NSW, Australia

Hey Matt,

I am utterly speechless......

Come to Livo on friday and i will console you with a spin in my Mav. Guess the airbox is on hold. Would you feel bad if i said i had started it already......

If you can, fix it up after you do the ute.

Cheers

Daz

BA XR8 Boss 260
DAZFAB......Now Mobile
Mink = GAY
DAZFAB MEMBERS ,,,,DA22LE, XTT909, TERRORISTGHIA, TROYMAN, SWC, FAT245

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Brett. Who knows might just be a plan.
Daz. s**t man yeah I feel bad.....................really appreciate it but. It wont go to waste it will go to use. One way or another I think the Mav will be reincarnated. Will be pretty much a carbon copy of what I had but pretty.
The Mav is as ugly as a bag full of a***hole but has a sence of coolness to it and there is no disputing that it all works. It does what it was built to do and does it well.
So yeah version 2.0 (sounds like some dodgy Vegemite) will be all the original one was but more I hope.

Will love to come for a squirt in the shorty if I get there Friday night. Dont know if I will but. Donna is working till late and she has the only set of working wheels in our house at the moment.............LOL.

No matter which way things go the Mav will take priority over the ute. Basically I need transport and whether its a case of a quick dodge up to get the white one going or getting a new car and swapping enough stuff over to have a vehicle and come back to it all later I reckon it will be quicker then doing the ute.
Plus I was looking forward to going camping this weekend. I want to go now so need to get a vehicle happening again to get away for a couple of days in a few weeks.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:30 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Sorry to nhear about the Mav Matt. Glad to hear that you are ok but, that is the main thing. Well looks like you will be stuck with us bums on Friday night then.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 83  [ 1243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 83  Next