Fordmods Logo

JoshXH's '96 XH GLi- Bush ute with a (planned) difference! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: JoshXH's '96 XH GLi- Bush ute with a (planned) difference!
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:20 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: '96 XH Falcon

NSW, Australia

I bought this POS for $3k in October last year. '96 XH GLi, 4.0/T5, 220k. It had the 14x8s, exhaust and gayer than George Michael smoked clear taillights but other than that it was stock standard.
Say what you will, but I've always liked they way these things look done up BnS style, and kangaroos are a pain in the a*** out here in the sticks, so I went and bought the bullbar ($300) and rollbar ($60) and mounted them up.
When I bought it:
After mounting the bar, it needed aligning properly still at this point:
As it sits now, sort of. I've mounted a pair of 6" Nightstalkers on the rollbar since.

Aside from the bar and rollbar, I've ditched the s**t taillights for a set of aftermarket standard ones. That's pretty much it at this point.

There are a few things that need doing; it needs shocks badly, the bottom hinges are busted out of the doors (common problem; my first car was an XF Fairmont, it did the same thing), it's got some rust in the tub and it's got an exhaust leak at the header flange, other than that it's pretty sound.

My mates keep trying to talk me into sticking a Windsor in it, and I'd like to, but I've always been a fan of turbo sixes, so...
Plans:
-Rebuilt standard motor
-Holset HX35, log manifold or J-pipe, 10-12psi
-Standard XH log intake
-Upgraded fuel system
-AU coilpack setup
-Aftermarket ECU (Looking at a Haltech Platinum Sprint 500)
-Exedy HD clutch
-V8 T5
-3.45:1 LSD

Just a basic budget setup, I'm only looking for 300hp at the treads at the most.
I'm looking at using the Holset turbo because I have one, it came off my old 1JZ GX81 when the mate I sold the car to "upgraded" to a GT35R... Dunno why, it's a pretty bulletproof thing, and always hit full boost by 3000rpm. That said, if anyone's got a suggestion for something that'd be better suited without costing me $3k by itself I'm all ears.
That goes for any other hints, tips, info etc. I'm open to suggestions.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]