Fordmods Logo

just puttin some pics up of my car... 

 

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:44 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 540

Joined: 9th Aug 2007

Ride: FG Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ900R

Location: Leopold, Geelong
VIC, Australia

Lucky enough to have seen this car in the flesh. And she sounds as sweet as she looks :-)

 

_________________

The Past: EF Fairmont, EL Fairmont 5.0, HR Special, NF Fairlane 5.0, GSX 250-F, BA II XR8, VS3 Ute, VS2 L67 Calais

The Present: FG Egas Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ 900R

Last edited by Burns on Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 686

Joined: 11th Sep 2008

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

thanks guys for your honest feedback, i appreciate it heaps!
Ive put alot of wrench time in to this car as you might have guessed. At the moment its in bits but am busting my balls to get it ready for summer.
We'll have to go on some night cruises sook ok?
As for engine, for the moment its pretty much a stock elxr8 engine which has a lot of punch (15.0/98 mph) but is soon to go under the knife...
Photos were professionally done by photographer for performance ford feature.

Thanks again for your thoughts, very much appreciated

wow, just found some other pics of my car here aswell.....
shows this car has come a long way...
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... ght=cmywpn
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 45

Posts: 2688

Joined: 21st Oct 2007

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane + G220

Power: 143 rwkw

Location: Lake Macquarie
NSW, Australia

What a weapon! Congrats on an awesome build mate. I like the colour too :wink:
BTW, I love the look of the quick-shifter, very neat job. I have seen others attempt this mod and fail misserably.
Excellent work, Keep the pics comin
Cheers,
Mick

 

_________________

Image
E-Series Fairlane/LTD? forums/post746329.html#746329
Mick's Garage forums/viewtopic.php?t=65504

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4849

Joined: 19th Feb 2005

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA Falcon Suzy Across

Power: 178 rwkw

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

looks awesome mate, but what have you done to it under the bonnet.

 

_________________

178.3 rwkw
15.1@96 mph
Now with 3.9 shrooms

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 151

Joined: 4th May 2007

Ride: NL Fairlane

Location: Kwinana
WA, Australia

sweet as mate,im looking at buying myself a cardinal red ed fairy ghia,will also be a 5 litre but im hopin to get 1 with a sunroof,are they el door trims??

 

_________________

NL fairlane soon to be blown :)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 27

Posts: 1998

Joined: 31st Dec 2007

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

Location: Munruben
QLD, Australia

^^^
I believe there nf fairlane ghia

Nice ride mate, can't help but look at that bonnet and just think how.
Also are those ba reflector mods in the headlights, angel eye mod or both?

 

_________________

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 45

Posts: 133

Joined: 1st Mar 2006

Location: toowoomba
QLD, Australia

great car mate

are you runnin hub adaptors or are thosev wheels pre au?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 613

Joined: 5th Aug 2007

Location: Ararat
VIC, Australia

eboost wrote:
thanks guys for your honest feedback, i appreciate it heaps!
Ive put alot of wrench time in to this car as you might have guessed. At the moment its in bits but am busting my balls to get it ready for summer.
We'll have to go on some night cruises sook ok?
As for engine, for the moment its pretty much a stock elxr8 engine which has a lot of punch (15.0/98 mph) but is soon to go under the knife...
Photos were professionally done by photographer for performance ford feature.

Thanks again for your thoughts, very much appreciated

wow, just found some other pics of my car here aswell.....
shows this car has come a long way...
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... ght=cmywpn


Eboost, I love the Shine on your Car- even in the old pics- what do you use??

Also can you still do BA guts in EB lights??? What about EF lights??

I love the door trims....DL????? id love them for my ghia...

 

_________________

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:18 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 553

Joined: 28th Oct 2005

Ride: Peacock EB Falcon

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

raff-26 wrote:
eboost wrote:
thanks guys for your honest feedback, i appreciate it heaps!
Ive put alot of wrench time in to this car as you might have guessed. At the moment its in bits but am busting my balls to get it ready for summer.
We'll have to go on some night cruises sook ok?
As for engine, for the moment its pretty much a stock elxr8 engine which has a lot of punch (15.0/98 mph) but is soon to go under the knife...
Photos were professionally done by photographer for performance ford feature.

Thanks again for your thoughts, very much appreciated

wow, just found some other pics of my car here aswell.....
shows this car has come a long way...
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopi ... ght=cmywpn


Eboost, I love the Shine on your Car- even in the old pics- what do you use??

Also can you still do BA guts in EB lights??? What about EF lights??

I love the door trims....DL????? id love them for my ghia...


They're DF, notice the holes in the doortrim edge.

Very nice car, what was all that business about the EL GT rotors with the BA callipers? :D

 

_________________

Wanted, CFI manifold

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:48 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 686

Joined: 11th Sep 2008

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

df-dl, dont all door trims have those holes?
As for paint, its originally the eb1 rosewood color but tweaked a little.
Yeah the shifter took me ages to get right.
Wheels are au offset.
Made bonnet hinges my self.
Brakes-? Not sure what you mean about buisness- they are elgt rotors with a calipers.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:57 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 613

Joined: 5th Aug 2007

Location: Ararat
VIC, Australia

eboost wrote:
df-dl, dont all door trims have those holes?
As for paint, its originally the eb1 rosewood color but tweaked a little.
Yeah the shifter took me ages to get right.
Wheels are au offset.
Made bonnet hinges my self.
Brakes-? Not sure what you mean about buisness- they are elgt rotors with a calipers.


Can u still do EF lights with BA reflectors??? $$??

Has it got the EL2 motor with 185kw gt headers etc...?

15 flat is not bad at all....

 

_________________

EF Ghia 5L V8
BAMk2 XR8 Velocity/Cobra 19's

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:58 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 553

Joined: 28th Oct 2005

Ride: Peacock EB Falcon

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

eboost wrote:
df-dl, dont all door trims have those holes?
As for paint, its originally the eb1 rosewood color but tweaked a little.
Yeah the shifter took me ages to get right.
Wheels are au offset.
Made bonnet hinges my self.
Brakes-? Not sure what you mean about buisness- they are elgt rotors with a calipers.


Yeah but the EA/EB/ED/EL NA/NC/NL DA/DC/DL All had the screw holes in the same position where as for whatever reason, ford decided to mount the screws in the EF/NF/DF internal to the doorjam.

And I meant in your old thread you mentioned about running the EL GT rotors and the BA Callipers but you were weary of stepping on the sponsors toes so didn't provide details beyond that. :(

 

_________________

Wanted, CFI manifold

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:59 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 686

Joined: 11th Sep 2008

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

nah its an el1 engine, with the good el extractors (au type)
Yeah i thought 15 was good. But am looking for quicker times soon.
ill have to do some homework on the ef el lights ok?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:06 am 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 80

Joined: 23rd Mar 2008

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

I just have to say that has got to be one of if not the absolutely best mont i have ever seen. Nice work mate :)

Regards Jamo
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:15 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 686

Joined: 11th Sep 2008

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

eseriesaddict wrote:
I just have to say that has got to be one of if not the absolutely best mont i have ever seen. Nice work mate :)

Regards Jamo


thanks mate, half the reason it looks like it does is because of responses like yours.
thanks.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:04 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names