just started on my ba xt v8 engine conversion to turbo 6 

Page 3 of 8 [ 114 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Post subject: Re: just started on my ba xt v8 engine conversion to turbo 6
Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: XG

VIC, Australia

They look tough has without the tray on, one thing XH owners cant do :P.

XG Ute - 3 Seater - Auto - Dual Fuel

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:23 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: BA Ford Falcon V8 Ute

QLD, Australia

or holdens .just wish i was able to fit bigger tyres legally because it is a one toner i am restricted to 215 60 16 load rated tyres and rims .going to fit et streets micky thompson to it at the drags so i get grip

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:31 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

mate of mine is selling a 4 speed box with straight cut gears and gmh solenoid bigger oil pump and kevlar bands but i do not know if it is to noisy to travel in ? can have it for $1000 dollars cost him about $3000 .just wondered if any one been in one and noticed a lot of difference ? my ute is only a weekend car but still want it to be nice to drive

Posted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:57 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

gunna wrote:
or holdens .just wish i was able to fit bigger tyres legally because it is a one toner i am restricted to 215 60 16 load rated tyres and rims .going to fit et streets micky thompson to it at the drags so i get grip

why are you so restricted to small tyres ?

if the size tyres where OEM fitted they are legally allowed to be fitted to your car!
same as rim sizes again with rim sizes you are normally allowed a +2 inch increase of OEM

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Disco frank that sig is smokin hot! :p

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

s**t double posted.

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:06 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

Disco Frank wrote:
gunna wrote:

why are you so restricted to small tyres ?

if the size tyres where OEM fitted they are legally allowed to be fitted to your car!
same as rim sizes again with rim sizes you are normally allowed a +2 inch increase of OEM

it is a ONE TONE ute so it has to have load rated tyres or it is not legal to be driven around.and no insurance is going to cover u .the tyre has to be c rated . there is no tyre out there that will fit this ute or any one tone truck in a performance oriented tyre like 17 or 18 inch. go one try to find one .i have even approached tyre manufacturers but none of them are willing to spend the money to manufacture this type of tyre because there is not a big enough market out there for them .

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:09 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

here are some photos u asked for ,if they are not good enough i can take some on different angles .if i can i will help in any way

Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Thanks mate, good pics there, I can see the bolt holes in the brake boosted are more aligned to each other and the top connects to the bracket attached to the top of the firewall, which e series differ from there with their pedal box setup, knowing this and Mitchell g's setup should be good.

Thanks, sorry to hijack ya thread :).

Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:32 am 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

anytime mate

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:03 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

just about ready to start assembling the ute with all the xr 6 parts .just changing the heater rod that was broken with the new improved shaft that goes wright to the end with the metal rod (can see in the picture )

going to cut the sedans black carpet to suit my ute ,the grey one just looks not as nice as the black one

have taken the old turbo line of and taken the tiny oil filter out .but there was no old oil build up (so why did the bearings let go in the turbo only after 100.000 klm)

just got to clean the engine bay up before i start fitting the wiring harness and running gear

so far i have worked out the difference from v8 to turbo 6 are fuel lines,air con hoses ,transmission lines , gearbox shifter (goes on different side ) , power steer cooler ,power steering lines , under bonnet wiring . so thats a lot more than i thought originally ,but not hard to do .just like when i used to play with meccano set , it just all bolt up .bugger i just was never good at memory game (thats why i have taken lots of pictures lol ) ps the dash wiring most likely is the same (only the 2 last letters are the only difference ) most likely the difference is that one dash is black and the other is charcoal (bk verses cx ) because al the same wires (have counted them )

still waiting for the flapper to be send back so i can assemble the turbo again .(got a turbosmart wastegate actuator as well , 10 psi ) . also got stainless steel hot side turbo to intercooler pipping ordered . to get the flapper conversion done cost $300 plus freight got the lot for $700 including delivery from Sydney (most turbo repairers wanted $480 just for the flapper conversion ) just hope it is done well .

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:13 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

just would like some info on turbosmart boost 2 ,was going to fit one to the ute so if i can not get traction that i can just detune the engine in the gears it will lose traction or just the power curve (due to 215 60 16 light truck tyres ) .on the track i will use et street drag tyres so thats no problem ,just for the road use restricted to skinny tyres

Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:17 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

got some bad news today ,the automatic btr needs a full rebuild .third and fourth clutches are burned out and the band is also no good .its going to cost me $2000 to get it fixed with au parts to get it to handle a bitt more power than the stock box . now i wish i would have bought my mates box that was for sale .my budget is certainly not there no more ,just got to keep going now .have ordered some new engine mounts that can handle up to 1000 hp of e bay for $300 (old once were broken from the crash ) will end up costing about $5000 to $6000 for conversion and tune (including rebuild box and turbo and some other upgrades )

Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:12 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

my turbo housing ,hot side inter cooling pipes ,turbo smart actuator are lost by the curriers so the turbo shop i bought them of said to me .very hard to get any info out of him .have payed him the $700 but now does not phone me back.he only messages me and says do not be concerned it will show up . to bad they are in Sydney and i live in qld .if it does not turn up i am screwed there just is not a lot of money left to replace those parts. this has made up my mind never to buy of the internet again ,there is just no service after you buy of them .if they do not turn up i will write there name on this web side to warn people about them .i will give them another week (has been lost for about one and a half weeks now )

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:22 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

finely got the turbo housing and inter cooling pipping but no actuator ,still getting send to me from turbosmart . still bad news have to send back the turbo housing because the flapper does not shut properly and they have removed to much of the housing on one side so i can see day light true the flapper .what a stuff up .my erls turbo oil line is still on back order .have fitted the intercooler to the ute and most of the wiring .but there is still sooooo much to do :lol: love it awesome fun ,better than watching tv .have lost nearly 10 kilos of weight not snacking at night while watching tv because i am in the garage working on car instead

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 8  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next