just started on my ba xt v8 engine conversion to turbo 6 

Page 4 of 8 [ 114 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: just started on my ba xt v8 engine conversion to turbo 6
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:38 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

gunna wrote:
have lost nearly 10 kilos of weight not snacking at night while watching tv because i am in the garage working on car instead

:lol:

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:04 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: BA Ford Falcon V8 Ute

QLD, Australia

just finished my battery box conversion from front of ute to the back under aluminium tray ,so i can fit a larger battery for camping .and where the original battery was is my air intake now .still got to get it welded up .have made a heat shield as well so the battery does not get to hot i hope .the muffler is right under the battery , about 100 mm away only .going to fit some of that heat proof stick on stuff under the aluminium heat shield i made as well to improve it even more . still got to run all the wires and get the battery box powdercoated .

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:16 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

have fitted the intercooler some of the whirring harness ,and computer to the engine bay .have fitted the power steer hoses

have also purchased new engine mounts ,and new inter cooling pipes (hot side to intercooler )but does not fit well think it is wrong . can see that there is something wrong even the end hose to the turbo is the wrong angle .the turbo flapper i got enlarged also does not seal well enough can see daylight true it .all this except for the engine mounts are bought from a reputable turbo shop ,you would think that they would know what they are doing (i am only a glazier and can see that it is wrong )the first lot i bought got lost in transport apparently ,so they rushed this thru e .still waiting for the turbosmart actuator .have also ordered a turbo smart e street boost controller .could not afford the boost 2 version that is over $600 .got the e street for $300 of gumtree (never used )

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:05 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

just taken a picture of the waste gate flapper modified but bodged up job . why even send something like this to a customer ?

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:41 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

not a good day again .picked up my battery box from the welders and they burned a hole into the aluminium and only done little tack welds .just left with it and said thanks .now have to take it to another engineering shop to get it fixed . the turbo smart e street boost controller has arrived ,had a look and what a disappointment that there are no mounting holes in the body .they rely only on double sided tape to hold it in place . what about in a car crash it will just fly of and could kill someone ,what a big design fault . no wander modified cars are getting a hard time for safety issues .

Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:02 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

still waiting for turbo housing and actuator . have most of my parts ready to fit but can not do nothing till i get the turbo housing . have my trans cooler ,was going to get another one and fit it beside each one for extra cooling

was going to fit them under my aluminium tray due to no room up front (intercooler to big) was going to heat wrap the exhaust and fit a heat shield as well .what are your thoughts on that going to fit a temperature gauge as well and a temperature on and of switch for the fans .

lounge room is a bit hard to sit in at the moment lol :lol:

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:42 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

tomorrow last day and if the turbo housing not here then i will post the name of the turbo shop i got it modified ,but never got it back .still waiting on the actuator from him as well

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:43 am 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

due to not getting working parts of rapid systems (6weeks since i have ordered them )i currently am not able to go any further with my project .do not ever order parts of this guy he will just give you the run around .faulty parts or worse they may never arrive .

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: XG

VIC, Australia

That sucks mate, hope you can find a better parts supplier, least you have the $$$ to keep the thread going unlike me, $$$ is so tight I can barely do much but progress is progress lol.

XG Ute - 3 Seater - Auto - Dual Fuel

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:23 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

have worked a lot of over time mate .i lost about $600 on that idiot .have a look on the forced induction site i have some pictures of the work he has done for me .its under warning to all turbo owners .i have started to run out of money for my tune most likely .i have allowed $1200 for the tune .but i still got the turbo housing to get fixed now and more

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:26 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

i do admit i have lost some interest now due to this idiot .lost sleep and worry during the day .its at a stand still .but will try to get some more done tomorrow

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: XG

VIC, Australia

Yeah I complain having no $$$ for my project but my 3 kids have a house over their head, food on the table and toys to play with so I can't really complain lol, worse thing is I have depression, anxiety and a bad back, all making getting and keeping a job that much harder, slowly getting help though etc.

XG Ute - 3 Seater - Auto - Dual Fuel

Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:12 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

yes mate i have 3 bulged disks in my back which is so pain full to sleep (nerve damage )constant needles and pins in my hands .i know what you are going thru mate ,and the worst thing is no one believes what it feels like to be in pain 24 -7 .i used to suffer bad from fatigue not able to sleep ,maybe 2-3 hours of sleep a day .the rest of it just laying there wide awake ,and then having to go to work and lifting glass and heavy frames only because pain is not a injury (so the workers comp say ) i am currently using 1500mg of krill oil a day and shark cartilage and fish oil tablets and funny enough some of the pain has gone .i tell you what after nearly 7 years of constant pain this is such a relive .have only been tacking this for about half a year and the improvement is incredible .i can now get some rest at night .i used to suffer bad with depression due to my pain .i just wonted it to be gone ,just about drove me insane .i was just about ready to take a pill and never to wake again ,just could not handle the pain no more .doctors just gave me morphine and other strong medicine like lireca which changes your brain waves to think there is no pain (but did not work )in the end i got of all drugs they gave me so at least i could live a normal life remembering thinks i acutely had to do .and i used to get back massages ,chiropractor twice or even 3 times a week done to my back ,which could cost me sometimes $150 to $200 a week just so i could walk .all because a tight a** boss not getting someone to give me a hand one day .i have regretted that day for 7 years now ,but can not change what happened (i got no pay out ,nothing )where is the justice in that .i can say that the krill oil has helped the most out of all .i know money is tight but i would love to send you a bottle if you can not afford one your self ,it may just change your live .after hearing this from you ,it has brought bad memories back .send me your address if you would like to try this mate pm me .trust me i know how you feel .

Posted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:47 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

got a lot more done now. nearly all the interior is done just got to find the power supply for my gauges in the fuse box ,that i can wire to .i have fitted the xr6 speakers to the front and back ,and the tweeters .sounds so much better ,and the 6 cd stacker will be good as well on long trips .have also fitted the black sedan carpet ,which had to be cut to size to fit the ute . black carpet looks so much better . i have finished running the power cables to the battery at the back of the ute ,by running the wires true the cabin and then out the back .i had to drill two holes and fit some cable clamps so that it is water proof .i also used some tectol to stop rust . i have also used my vax carpet shampooer to clean the seats and carpets .the dirt that just came out of the passenger seat was shocking (picture of bottle on seat ) the driver side was worse .i let it settle over night and it was like mud in the bottom of it . have fitted a new air con filter under the clove box .fitted a new harmonic balancer ,new front seal ,and a new sump gasket . wanted to have a look at the bottom end and also if it had any sludge in the sump ,but it was as clean as no sludge at all . also fitted new water pump and new thermostat housing (little breather broke off the old one )
(XR6 verses XT)
(Also fitted the new Earls Turbo Oil line)
(The power cable comes through the back of the cabin)

Posted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:05 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

that is some of the water left after i used the vax machine on it (passenger side )driver side was worse .i have only used the car for about 20.000 klm .also when i bought the ute i done the same then ,and it was worse again back then .could be that it was still dirty from last time i done it .i only use the ute on weekends ,so i can not understand why it would get as dirty as it is ?.sometimes i think that the ute may have been in the gympie floods . there was no mud under the carpet ,or in the doors or any sills .but a lot of mud stains under the ute (was apparently a farmers ute )

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 8  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next