Fordmods Logo

KWIKXR's EF Fairmont Turbo 

Page 3 of 110 [ 1638 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 110  Next

Post subject: Re: My 1995 Ford Fairmont
Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

I love your fairmont. :D

Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Haha thanks man, i love it too :mrgreen:, even though its a bloody money pit and im not even halfway with the car yet lol

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Last edited by KWIKXR on Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re:
Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

FordFairmont wrote:
good thinking with the grille, but alot of work there haha. I did something similar. Cheap mod, but looks great!!

Dude --- I saw an EF Mont in same colour with same chrome grill surround in Lower Hutt, New Zealand yesterday. Had a GHIA symbol stuck on front too!

And QUIK brother --- Just how did you put the chrome strips on the trims? You still looking for cornering lamps? There was one on TradeMe last week...

$25 for that Lane grill. Now that's a steal... Sell it to me if you do get sick of it (although would guess you ain't gonna get sick of it......)

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Is that chrome on the moulds in the same locations as the factory stuff would be?

I have some NF Moulds here to go on my car & im thinking about doing it.

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

fiend wrote:
FordFairmont wrote:
good thinking with the grille, but alot of work there haha. I did something similar. Cheap mod, but looks great!!

Dude --- I saw an EF Mont in same colour with same chrome grill surround in Lower Hutt, New Zealand yesterday. Had a GHIA symbol stuck on front too!

And QUIK brother --- Just how did you put the chrome strips on the trims? You still looking for cornering lamps? There was one on TradeMe last week...

$25 for that Lane grill. Now that's a steal... Sell it to me if you do get sick of it (although would guess you ain't gonna get sick of it......)

Lol the day after i polished my Fairmont grill and had it on looking all sweet, i took it for a cruise, thinking i was possibly the only one in South Auckland with a polished Fairmont grill on my Mont, about 2 minutes away from my house, i spotted a nice looking EF Fairmont Ghia V8 parked on the lawn of this in front of this house, lowered on 17's, big oval tip, the same paint colour as FordFairmont's Fairmont, and f**k was i p****d off when i saw the front end of it :evil: , spun the car around and took a closer look and he had exactly what i had, polished up the surround. Only difference was the inner part was that grey colour and mine was satin black :mrgreen:

Now back to the chrome strips, its just some chrome pinstripe tape i picked up from Repco, made by Saas i think. All i did was just measured up the length i needed, cut it, then pull the backing off and start applying to the trims. It sticks quite well, although i did stuff up a few areas where it bends for the corners of the bumper, i put the chrome striping up a tad too high and it has kinda rippled cause it isnt sticking to the rounded surface evenly so that will have to be redone. Was perfect when it first went on, but i guess washing the car 5 minutes after i applied all the chrome was a stupid idea therefore it probably didnt have sufficient time to bond properly. The side moulds were easy as, the hard part is keeping it straight.

As for the cornering lamps, yeah i noticed that, if its the guy selling one for $70 starting price, buy now $85? They would be ideal seeing as i have the Lane grill and all but the CAI pickup is rigged up from one of the vents so thats another good mod gone to waste, could really do with some added lighting, the Fairmont headlight are s**t. The guy selling the lamp also has quite a few more Ford parts in his listings. I was tempted to buy a XR6 leather wheel from him but decided not to. Was also gonna ask him to see if he could get any clear repeaters, but have decided against that too, going to remove the indicator part of the mould and fill it so that its all smooth and paint it.

Now i need to source an XR6 speedo gear, just scored myself 3.45 diff gears for $131.00 :mrgreen: will have to inspect them before i hand over the money, but i trust the guy so far

Last edited by KWIKXR on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

dan1_721 wrote:
Is that chrome on the moulds in the same locations as the factory stuff would be?

I have some NF Moulds here to go on my car & im thinking about doing it.

I'd say its similar in location, not exact but i had to cut the chrome in lengths that would suit the current Fairmont moulds. I didnt have much money to spend on moulds and with the price wreckers charge around here for Fairlane/Ghia/LTD/XR parts i reckon its not a bad alternative. But if you have NF moulds, chuck em on :) it would definately look better and if i had money to spare i would invest a set of Fairlane moulds too

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

i just finished stripping the clear coat of my polished grille and painted it back to factory colour, but left the mesh in the middle. Reason was squashed bugs were eating away the clear coat, and probably the heat from the metal grille was not helping either

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

FordFairmont wrote:
i just finished stripping the clear coat of my polished grille and painted it back to factory colour, but left the mesh in the middle. Reason was squashed bugs were eating away the clear coat, and probably the heat from the metal grille was not helping either

Man that sucks aye, i think the heat was one of the biggest factors for stuffing my grill, and the place where i park my car where i used to work was across the road from a topsoil company, dust got stuck on the polished surface with the added bonus of the sun caking it onto the grill, next time im getting it chromed lol. I reckon that the grill painted with mesh would look awesome too, especially on your Mont, the paint colour is wicked, next best thing to Heritage Green :mrgreen:

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

yeah i owned a heratige green EF II Ghia for a 1 week, and didnt take long to grow on me!!

Kinda looked blue in different angles, and sunlight

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Just a few current pictures that have been taken lately..

Front end off to fix trans cooler leak
Attachment:
P1000594 (Medium).JPG

Intake side
Attachment:
P1000597 (Medium).JPG

Exhaust side
Attachment:
P1000596 (Medium).JPG

Interior
Attachment:
P1000599 (Medium).JPG

Angled Front on
Attachment:
P1000584 (Medium).JPG

More on the way when headlight covers arrive, 3.45 gears are in and deleted repeaters happen :mrgreen:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

FordFairmont wrote:
yeah i owned a heratige green EF II Ghia for a 1 week, and didnt take long to grow on me!!

Kinda looked blue in different angles, and sunlight

What? You owned a Series 2 EF Ghia? What happened to it? Lol that would be the ideal base for me, XR6 engine, LSD diff, 3.45 gears, wouldnt have to muck around with all that cause its all there, not to mention heritage green paint job :mrgreen:

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

i bought it to do some mods to, as i wanted an auto again..... but worked out it would be an easier & cheaper exercise if i just converted mine back to auto in the first place lol

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Should of swapped out the SS for the LSD while you had it :lol:

Thats another thing i need right now lol

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

i just received some 4.11's off ebay today, and booked the car in 2 weeks to get them fitted along with reco LSD. The gears look like brand new surprisingly, i was expecting used gears to look like s**t

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Lol must be a good time for getting diff gears, just secured myself a set of 3.45's today, hopefully there all good, gotta go inspect them sometime this week, there used aswell but owner says they are in excellent condition.

Any ideas on how much it costs roughly to get diff gears installed?

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 110  [ 1638 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 110  Next