Page 1 of 110 [ 1638 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 110  Next

Post subject: KWIKXR's EF Fairmont Turbo
Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Hey guys,

Thought I'd start up a build thread to document my progress on my ride. Anyways, my name's Nathan and heres my pride and joy, a 1995 Ford EF Fairmont 6cyl auto. Heritage green, work in progress atm...

Bought the Mont in April 08 for $2500 with 212,00kms on the clock. Ever since that day it has become my money pit :lol:

Here it is when i first got it..

I bought the Fairmont in what seemed to be fairly decent condition for it's age, but it still needed some TLC to get it up to scratch. Being my first car ever, I treated it like my baby so I spent a lot of time servicing it and giving it a really good clean inside and out. Luckily, it came with a log book detailing all service history pretty much from new and it seemed to be fairly well looked after maintenance wise. I bought the Fairmont thinking it was completely stock standard, other than the 16x8" ROH Reflex wheels and an aftermarket headunit. After a bit of a look around underneath I noticed it also had Pedders Sportsryder suspension all round (GSR shortened struts/shocks with Pedder's low's front and rear) with 27mm front sway bar too..

First few months after owning the car, I read a bit too much on Fordmods about all the little upgrades and modifications that can be done to these e-series Ford's. Needless to say, I caught the mod bug and it went through a few small upgrades which are shown below..

Intake setup was upgraded to a BA XR6T Snorkel, BA Intake piping from T/B to Airbox, and also replaced the tapered bellmouth in the stock EF airbox lid with a DIY flared bellmouth using 3" PVC pipe which removed the final big restriction in the intake..

The original exhaust was completely ditched for a set of chromed Coby extractors with long secondaries straight into a 2.5" Rage mandrel bent exhaust, with 2 mufflers with a decent sized oval tip to finish it off. Being in NZ, cat converter's aren't exactly required so you won't find a cat anywhere in this exhaust system.

Next thing to do was new tyres all round. When I bought it, it had some Continental 225/50's up front and some very worn Dunlop's on the rear which had almost zero grip. So to sort that out, a full set of Firehawk TZ100's in 225/50 were wrapped around the Reflex's.

Interior saw a few little changes but nothing major. It's mostly standard Fairmont Cappa interior, but has a LTD woodgrain shifter surround, leather gear shift knob with chrome button (dyed satin black), chrome door handles, LTD woodgrain dash spear and custom tailor made "Fairmont" floor mats thrown into the mix to get the ball rolling..

As far as ICE went, I wanted something cheap and basic to listen to for the time being. I stuck with the Panasonic MP3 headunit that came with the car, threw in some cheap 6" splits up front, and some Panasonic 3 way 6" coaxials in the rear to replace the tired original speakers. I also fitted a 2 channel JVC amp to run a JVC 12" sub to provide the low frequency emphasis for the time being..

Was pretty happy with it as it was, but as usual, it gets boring after a while and then you're back to modding again :P

So this build is basically going to be an on-going process. The plan; Keep modding it, 'till im happy :mrgreen: :P

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Last edited by KWIKXR on Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:22 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

Love the number plate.

Bit of an aircraft fan are you?

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Thanks Timmeh,

Yeah, i guess you could say that i am a bit of an aircraft fan, especially the old F-111 bomber :lol:

Bit of a coincidence with the plates though, the previous owner had the plates changed as the owner before him had his own name as the plates. So when the plates got changed he ended up with this plate which is just a normal plate, not personalised or anything, so that was pretty cool. Suits the car i reckon

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

looks like a good project, love the EF monts :)

sounds like you got the right plans listed, a cam and LSD with some shorter diff ratios will give it a good kick in the guts

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Esky

WA, Australia

its fabz with an extra 1~

Team EGO

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont II

VIC, Australia

You have my plates!!
LOL
Nah these will be mine.
EF Fairmont II
+ my initials are FF

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Quote:
looks like a good project, love the EF monts

sounds like you got the right plans listed, a cam and LSD with some shorter diff ratios will give it a good kick in the guts

Yeah i really need to get the LSD for it, just for more traction and better drivability, sucks when turning right from a stop sign and you give it a bit of gas and it just crawls out spinning the inside wheel. Will probably just go with 3.45 gears for now as im gunna keep this one as a crusier with a bit of grunt. When i get my next project falcons im going all out on it:twisted:

Quote:
You have my plates!!

Hahaha fabs, just realised my plates were almost identical as yours :lol:.
If you do get those plates, it will suit your Mont really well being series 2 and all

If only there was a series 3 EF...

Last edited by KWIKXR on Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yep thats why i have the II there :lol:

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

lol.. ef fairmont.. non ghia.. -just like mine started as..
-same 17 inch "roh reflex" rims..
cappa interior too!... -just like mine...

great straight base to start from... 8-)

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Quote:
great straight base to start from...

Yeah definately one of the best bases to start from, got most of the goodies over the base model falcons.

So many things you can do to make them look different and go better. You'd know that tho Fordfreak :lol:, your Mont is awesome

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

KWIKXR wrote:
Quote:

Yeah definately one of the best bases to start from, got most of the goodies over the base model falcons.

So many things you can do to make them look different and go better. You'd know that tho Fordfreak :lol:, your Mont is awesome
lol.. yes... i certainly do.. your car now is as exactly as mine was when i baught her... even the rims are the same!!!! :shock: quite different now!!!.. :lol: -but i did own my fairmont for near on 6 years.. :wink:

Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

KWIKXR wrote:
Quote:

second that!!
So much better than my mates EF Falcon.
Cloth interior yuck
& an ugly climate control :lol:

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Little bit of an update with what im working on now..

Picked up a few things from the wreckers over the last few weeks, a Fairmont grill and a spare rocker cover

At the moment in sanding back the grill surround, so far im thinking of polishing the surround part and spraying the inner part black

Also gonna get the rocker cover done while im at it, picked up a spare one today after work, mad rush to pick-a-part before it closed at 5 :twisted: . Got it off a series 2 fairmont so it had the 4.0i OHC thing in the middle of the cover which looks pretty cool. Gettin it sandblasted sometime this week then i'll sand it smooth, then send it out to the coating place to get sprayed in heritage green with the raised 4.0i OHC thing in silver

Heres what im with at the moment, work in progress and a lot of f**k sanding :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Getting the rocker cover back on Monday, getting coated in Heritage green with a silver base so should look the goods on the car hopefully.

Just got back from my cousins wedding tonight and attempted to take a pic of the Fairy before i left.. Dammit, too dark :lol:

But oh well, more pics on the way..

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

good thinking with the grille, but alot of work there haha. I did something similar. Cheap mod, but looks great!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 110  [ 1638 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 110  Next