Fordmods Logo

Luke's EB XR6 + 07 BFII XR6T 

Page 22 of 23 [ 334 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post subject: Re: Luke's EB XR6 - Now Sporting New Wheels
Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:50 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: BF XR6 Mk2, ED Gli

VIC, Australia

you thinking of selling the xr6 mate? or not until you find another car?

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EBII, XR6

NSW, Australia

critta260 wrote:

Definitely not until I find another car BUT I'd probably still hold onto it as it is a little bit sentimental me and there are very few XR box cars around for sale anymore, depends how long it takes before the old man cracks the s**t with it sitting outside haha :lol:

I planned on moving out in the next two years, buying another daily and storing this to pull it apart and slowly clean it up but with Sydney's house prices the way they are at the moment don't think that will be happening :(

Weekender: 07 BFII XR6T - Conquer
Retired: 1992 EBII SXR6 - Black Pearl

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

critta260 wrote:

Definitely not until I find another car BUT I'd probably still hold onto it as it is a little bit sentimental me and there are very few XR box cars around for sale anymore, depends how long it takes before the old man cracks the s**t with it sitting outside haha :lol:

I planned on moving out in the next two years, buying another daily and storing this to pull it apart and slowly clean it up but with Sydney's house prices the way they are at the moment don't think that will be happening :(

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:27 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: BF XR6 Mk2, ED Gli

VIC, Australia

Lukeee wrote:
critta260 wrote:

yeah man ya not wrong especially black ones, i'm trying to find a nice boxcar xr or fairmont but they are all s**t :(

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

critta260 wrote:
Lukeee wrote:
critta260 wrote:

yeah man ya not wrong especially black ones, i'm trying to find a nice boxcar xr or fairmont but they are all s**t :(

Mine is far from perfect but it is quite clean compared to a lot of others I have seen.

I saw a clean looking black ED Futura on one of the ford pages on facebook today for $500 lol!

Bloke reckons its perfect besides sitting in a barn for the last couple of years...

I think if you're persistent enough something will come up, just need to be patient, best of luck!

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

Lukeee wrote:
Got the windows tinted over the weekend, should've done this 4 years ago lol...

As can be seen its super dirty at the moment, have been doing a lot of driving in it lately on both sealed and unsealed roads not to mention the shocking weather we've had in Sydney over the last few weeks!

Also still looking at upgrading but still nothing has tickled my fancy as of yet...

So gorgeous, Don't sell her and upgrade. Just upgrade it :P when ya can :)

ED Fairmont, Ghia mock DOHC-T 11.6 @ 118 Trying to get back to the 1/4!

Post subject: Re: Luke's EB XR6 + 07 BFII XR6T
Posted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

So it happened...

Insert new car:

It's an 07 BFII XR6 Turbo in silhouette.
Full leather, dual zone, premium sound, optioned 18s, tow pack and ZF 6 speed.
But best of all its only done 54,000 kms.

Flew down to Melbourne just to have a look at it and ended up buying it, it was just in top condition and a genuine one owner car for the right price. Drove it back to Sydney and it didn't skip a beat!

It needs a good detail as I imagine it's only been put through a car wash its whole life, the diff bushes aren't too bad yet but there's a slight knock in the rear every now and then otherwise so far it's perfect.

For the time being all I want to do to it is essential things like bypassing the heat exchanger to prevent a milkshake, get rid of the chrome grille, tint the Windows, remove mud flaps and change a few globes to LEDs.

Mods wise I'd eventually like it a bit lower and will add some bigger black rims but otherwise I don't want to change much. As always though I'm sure the mod bug will bite and I'll want more power out of it but for the time being it goes bloody well for a stock car!

As for the EB it'll be out of rego in a few weeks and then it'll be put into storage until it needs to be moved or I want to get rid of it. It was a great car over the last 5 years but it was time to move on, needed too many roadworthy items for rego and was going to cost too much.

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

So it's almost been a month since I've owned this and I've racked up almost 4000kms!

Only problem it's had so far is a shocking vibration in the rear on acceleration, turned out to be the tail shaft yoke and CV joints worn out! This was due to the diff bushes being put in incorrectly causing the diff to sit forward approximately 10mm, wasn't happy :x

Got a whole new tail shaft put in, the diff bushes were good nolathane ones and were fine despite being installed incorrectly, new swaybar bushes and ball joints up the front and the car feels awesome to drive now!

Over the weekend I finally serviced it changing the engine oil, filter, flushed the coolant and installed an Earls oil return line filter to replace the old filter.

Didn't realise these take almost 7L of oil!
Also changed the headlight globes, what a pain in the a** that is!
Had to remove the battery and air box just to get to them!

Also realised I haven't taken any interior pics so here:

The interior lights have all been changed to white LEDs too.

Will do a few more small mods I have in mind over the Christmas break when I have holidays.

Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Up to 61,000kms now and its still going well for a b series :D

Minor mods to date include a k&n air filter, Typhoon lower snorkel and tinted the windows in 18% tint.

Also removed the mudflaps and sprayed the side repeaters with a bit of nightshade because they were yellowed out but will definitely be getting new repeaters when I get around to it as I hate the way they turned out.

Maintenance wise I've brought myself a torque wrench and checked all the exhaust manifold bolts to which most were loose. (surprise surprise :P ) Also tightened up a lot of the hose clamps associated with the turbo and intercooler piping and its amazing what doing that alone has done for the car.
Over the next few weeks I'll be looking into replacing the rear discs and pads as they are quite low and squeaking something annoying and getting the front wheels re-balanced as the steering wheel shudders at any speed over 80km/h.

Gave it a quick detail yesterday and went out for a drive with a few mates and their bikes:

I'm still not sure what direction I want to take this car in as it looks quite decent as it is and I personally don't think the all black look suits the BF shape but I plan on lowering it soon as it sits way too high in stock form!

And one of the last pictures I took of the EB on its last outing before it went away:

EL GTs are now sold, battery is dead and its out of rego :roll:

Cheers,
Luke

Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:11 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EB Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Such a shame man, loved the look of your eb

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

GQuick wrote:
Such a shame man, loved the look of your eb

I do miss driving it but for the moment it was the sensible option as it needed a few too many things to bring it up to scratch. It would have required a large chunk of cash to be thrown at it which I wasn't prepared to spend on it at this time in life + I needed something newer and more reliable for personal reasons, was just a bonus that the XR6T popped up for the right price.

It will make a come back one day, maybe in 6 years or so when I can throw it on club rego lol :lol:

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:38 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

That's alright, one less good looking EB to compete with lol

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

GQuick wrote:
That's alright, one less good looking EB to compete with lol

Cheers mate but as the old saying goes "looks good from a far but is far from good" that was the best way to describe the EB lol :lol:

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:34 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

No blaspheme towards the boxcar thanks lol ready to rejoin the SOHC dark side again yet? ...doubt it for some reason.

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Nothing much to report but the XRT now sports some new tyres as the ones that it came with were rubbish. The two rear ones due to age (+ they seemed to get a bit low since my ownership :wink:) and the two front ones were some no name brand and one had an egg on the inner sidewall. Bridgestone were offering a "buy 3 get the 4th tyre free" special so I bit the bullet and got some Potenza RE003s for it which I thought were a great buy. I Had them on the EB for ages and they seemed to have the perfect balance of tread wear and grip for the money.
It doesn't wheel spin as much as it did before though so feels slow now :(

Up to 65,000kms now, also done its second service as I've elected to service it every 7500-10,000 kms as opposed to the log book recommended 15,000kms.

With the weather being half decent I also got a chance to give it a decent detail a few weeks back. After washing it I clay barred it, polished it and added some expensive autoglym wax that a mate recommended to me and to my surprise it came up pretty good! It definitely needs a proper machine polish though as it didn't get rid of all the swirl marks in the paint but for now it will do :mrgreen:

The mrs and I went away on the weekend so stopped in at Bathurst to tackle the mountain 8-)

Pole position :wink:
Nice scenery

In the last picture the car is quite filthy so I think the wax has somehow helped in making the water bead off it and staying shiny despite being covered in dirt.

I'm headed overseas in a couple of months so sadly I'm trying not too spend too much money on the car. However next on the cards are rear discs and pads as they are quite low squeaky and I need to fit a transmission cooler to bypass the heat exchanger as that failing is always on the back of my mind when I give it some stick.

*Edit: I'm planning on running it down at WSID before I head off as I'd like to see what it really has in it so I will update if/when that happens.

Sort by  
 Page 22 of 23  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next