Page 23 of 23 [ 334 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23

Post subject: Re: Luke's EB XR6 + 07 BFII XR6T
Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EBII, XR6

NSW, Australia

GQuick wrote:
No blaspheme towards the boxcar thanks lol ready to rejoin the SOHC dark side again yet? ...doubt it for some reason.

Haha I'm not speaking about all boxcars, just my own unfortunately.

One day in the future I definitely will go back to an SOHC. For now I'll just keep enjoying the power and comfort of a B-series despite it being a big heavy boat 8-)

Weekender: 07 BFII XR6T - Conquer
Retired: 1992 EBII SXR6 - Black Pearl

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:12 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EB Fairmont

NSW, Australia

What happened to you man, you used to be cool :( lol

Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EBII, XR6

NSW, Australia

Can't believe its been a year already since I've updated this!

Where to start..

Sadly in May last year the black BF turbz got written off, T-boned at an intersection resulting in a crease in the chassis :cry:

Got a pay out for it which was great, but the problem was there was nothing like it to buy at the time considering it had low kms and was in good condition for a b-series so the hunt began. Ended up looking for around 6 months which involved me checking out plenty of cars from EL's to FG's but nothing stood out to me in that time.

The last weekend in October 2016 a car popped up about an hour away which caught my eye but I was hesitant to check it out. Ended up calling and speaking to the seller who informed me someone had just been to look at it and if I was interested to come and check it out asap so off I went..

Enter another BF turbz...

It's the same as my previous one: 07, ZF, stock, dual zone, under 100K kms etc however doesn't have leather. Reason I went with another one is because bang for buck, you can't beat these cars for power, comfortability and size.

When I looked at it I wasn't convinced as it hadn't been cleaned, it was blue and had a few scratches/stone chips however after test driving it I realised it was the best car I'd test driven (even better than my old one) and the price was right so the deal was done. I wasn't fussed on the colour until I clay barred>polished>detailed it and wow what a difference it has made to the Conquer Blue paintwork.

Only 'mods' or 'improvements' that I have done are bypassing the ZF heat exchanger, typhoon intercooler + snorkel, speedflow inline turbo filter, optima battery, k&n and LED interior lights inside. Oh and for my birthday my siblings got me some new number plates to replace the hideous NSW yellow and black ones.

I took it down the strip in late January this year and managed a 14 flat @ 105MPH on a 28'C night with 3/4 tank fuel, full size spare and all other personal items I carry in the car. The 2.3 60ft has room for improvement and the MPH suggests that there is more in it if I can get it off the line a bit better so as it cools down I'm hanging to get back out there one Wednesday night.

Its really tempting to go all out on this with injectors, tune, fuel pump + decent wheels and suspension but I rarely drive it as I've gotten a new job which comes with a company car so it may be up for sale in the near future as I can't justify letting it sit there :cry:

Weekender: 07 BFII XR6T - Conquer
Retired: 1992 EBII SXR6 - Black Pearl

Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:06 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Very nice beast. Im a fan. :D

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Sort by  
 Page 23 of 23  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23