Fordmods Logo

Luke's EB XR6 + 07 BFII XR6T 

Page 4 of 23 [ 334 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next

Post subject: Re: Luke's EB XR6
Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EBII, XR6

NSW, Australia

Minor update, Got offered a newish 12" kenwood sub for cheap off a mate so I bought it.
Searched around for a twin 12" sub box that would fit up against the seat as close as possible and found one for $79 off an ebay seller so picked that up.
Now I contemplated making one but a severe case of cbf kicked in :?
Will get pics up tomorrow as I plan on tidying it up a lot by adding a few timber panels and securing it properly; the ockey straps have held it for a week or two though :lol:

In regards to the aircon It has a leak along the PCV valve as a mechanic checked it out free of charge with a UV light or something?
Anyway I'm getting a quote next week to do a few things so if it's reasonable I'll get them to do it as it's getting ridiculously hot now and I start back up at work next week so have no time :(

Other then plans to get the auto serviced in the next few weeks and some darker tint on the windows, cars going smoothly :)
Anybody know of a good place to take the car to get tinted?

Pics tomorrow!
Cheers,
Luke

Weekender: 07 BFII XR6T - Conquer
Retired: 1992 EBII SXR6 - Black Pearl

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:12 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 93 eb fairmont ghia

VIC, Australia

nice boxcar mate keep up good work

Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:10 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ED futura

NSW, Australia

lukeee wrote:
Minor update, Got offered a newish 12" kenwood sub for cheap off a mate so I bought it.
Searched around for a twin 12" sub box that would fit up against the seat as close as possible and found one for $79 off an ebay seller so picked that up.
Now I contemplated making one but a severe case of cbf kicked in :?
Will get pics up tomorrow as I plan on tidying it up a lot by adding a few timber panels and securing it properly; the ockey straps have held it for a week or two though :lol:

In regards to the aircon It has a leak along the PCV valve as a mechanic checked it out free of charge with a UV light or something?
Anyway I'm getting a quote next week to do a few things so if it's reasonable I'll get them to do it as it's getting ridiculously hot now and I start back up at work next week so have no time :(

Other then plans to get the auto serviced in the next few weeks and some darker tint on the windows, cars going smoothly :)
Anybody know of a good place to take the car to get tinted?

Pics tomorrow!
Cheers,
Luke

somethings wrong if your aircon goes through the PCV valve i think :P
tx valve maybe? do falcons have them?
anyway, yeah, the dye added to a/c systems fluoresces under UV light.

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Haha I clearly didn't listen to the guy well enough then :P
I'll get pics today but it's basically one of the tubes has a hole in it or something do will see what happens :)
Thanks for that, makes a lot more sense!

Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Subaru Liberty RX Wagon MY03

NSW, Australia

lukeee wrote:
Haha I clearly didn't listen to the guy well enough then :P
I'll get pics today but it's basically one of the tubes has a hole in it or something do will see what happens :)
Thanks for that, makes a lot more sense!

Well, a hole would certainly cause a leak lol.

My evaporator was covered in the dye.

Current ride: MY03 Liberty RX Wagon
EBII S-XR6, Now 5 speed. Moved on to greener pastures...

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Managed to knock up some form of a boot install Thursday morning, it's really bodgy lol but surprisingly quite stable 8-)
Besides buying the MDF I managed to knock it up with various brackets and screws I found lying around as can be seen haha :lol:
Anyway here's some pics:

All I used was two 12x900x450mm pieces of MDF and cut them to shape.
As I'd explained earlier I'd sourced a sub box so all I had to do was basically build around it making the hardest part measuring everything up :)
I used the car last night and drove around today doing some errands and besides needing one more bracket to secure the right hand corner, nothing has moved around!

I'm still not happy with the way it ties together with the ugly plastic (such as the wheel jack) so I'm looking at ways to cover everything with timber yet still be able to access things such as the jack with ease.

Will wait and see what it looks like covered in black felt/carpet (still not sure what i'll use) then decide on whether a false floor is necessary to neaten things up a bit.
All of my ideas came from this thread: ford-audio-visual-f5/show-and-tell-boot-install-t11289.html
Just in case anybody was curious :)

Besides getting carpet it'll stay like this for a while as not working for three weeks has killed my wallet and I have a trip to QLD planned for february so spending money on the car has to wait :(
(besides getting the AC sorted hopefully next week)
I'll eventually upgrade the front speakers, maybe replace the kicker sub and get another amp or two to amp up all the speakers and run thicker wiring etccc
Until then, besides changing the oil and keeping her clean, not much will change for a few months unless I pick a few things up for cheap :)

Cheers, Luke

Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Good start! Would you believe my box was meant to fit on the 'shelf' like that. Cut out the front piece, did a test fit. s**t... doesn't fit... oh well.

It's not the cost of materials that make a good job, it's the time and effort spent.

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

evxr6 wrote:
Good start! Would you believe my box was meant to fit on the 'shelf' like that. Cut out the front piece, did a test fit. s**t... doesn't fit... oh well.

It's not the cost of materials that make a good job, it's the time and effort spent.

Haha your box is huge if I remember correctly!
This box would fit right up against the seat but there's these bits of metal on both sides that stick out :x
So much talk of box... :lol:

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Not much to update, Haven't driven the old girl since last sunday haha..
Been driving the parent's AU III fairmont and ford escape while they've been away, I miss having aircon in the EB lol!

Ordered a fuel filter for it however I can't for the life of me work out how to change it :?
It looks like it unscrews somehow but I suppose I'll wait until the newer one arrives as I may have a better idea of what to do lol..
Depending on this weeks pay will get some carpet and finally finish the boot :D
I plan on ordering an LED strip (similar to REW9EN's boot) off ebay and fitting that also, so will see how I go..

Cheers, Luke

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

lukeee wrote:
Been driving the parent's AU III fairmont and ford escape while they've been away, I miss having aircon in the EB lol!

Ordered a fuel filter for it however I can't for the life of me work out how to change it :?
It looks like it unscrews somehow but I suppose I'll wait until the newer one arrives as I may have a better idea of what to do lol..
I plan on ordering an LED strip (similar to REW9EN's boot) off ebay and fitting that also, so will see how I go..

Cheers, Luke

Fuel filter? Easy. Get yourself a set of flare-nut spanners, otherwise you'll strip the hex off the fittings on the fuel lines. But basically undo the fuel lines, pull out the old filter, insert new one, tighten up the lines and check for leaks. Done.

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

evxr6 wrote:
lukeee wrote:

Cheers, Luke

Fuel filter? Easy. Get yourself a set of flare-nut spanners, otherwise you'll strip the hex off the fittings on the fuel lines. But basically undo the fuel lines, pull out the old filter, insert new one, tighten up the lines and check for leaks. Done.

Thanks for that Ev, will give it a go sometime this week when the weather cools down a bit :roll:

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

lukeee wrote:
evxr6 wrote:
lukeee wrote:

Cheers, Luke

Thanks for that Ev, will give it a go sometime this week when the weather cools down a bit :roll:

I forgot to mention that you should De-pressurise the fuel system first. To do this, you unplug the fuel pump relay, which is under the header tank and then try to start the car a couple of times.

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Not much to update on the EB, it's still kicking along I guess...
Anyway thought I'd share some pics of my other toy :wink:

It's an 05 Yamaha YZ125 2 stroke.
Pretty much only things done to it are cosmetic like sticker kit, Pro taper bars and some gold sprocket.
Owner before me did a top end rebuild and V-force reeds (something to do with air flow I think lol)
Anyway I've had the clutch bands replaced as they were worn and the thing goes awesome now 8-)
When I first got it:

How it looks now:

Took it out to my uncles farm the other day for the first time in over a year and had a blast just winding it right out!
Unfortunately due to work and now uni and the soccer season starting up I don't get to take it out much :(

Also took the parent's Ford Escape out for it's first tow/bush trip.
It's an 06 ZCII Ford Escape Limited (Limited just means it gets fancy alloys, chrome, sunroof, leather, woodgrain and a V6)
It's a 4x4 so unless you flick a switch it's 2wd around town then 4x4 when you want it to be...
It went surprisingly alright just doing some light stuff like logs and bumps and shallow mud..
But you wouldn't push it much more then that!
It's a pretty reliable car around town and is quite fuel efficient, averages about 450-500kms around town but it was useless towing on the highway with the aircon on; only managed 450 :?
It's nothing special but seeing as though I drive it every now and then I thought I'd include it in this thread..
Don't have any pics of it clean but here's a few of it from the weekend:

Excuse the crappy iphone pics.

Took the EB for a drive to Manly yesterday and had the girlfriend complaining it was hot so aircon is high priority (mainly to stop the complaining :lol: )
So anyway the EB will be getting the aircon regassed next week and then sitting for a week or two while I enjoy a trip to Surfers Paradise :D
Hopefully when I get back some serious things will happen to the EB :lol:
We shall see...

Cheers, Luke

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

Fook me dead mate,
love the boot install, and SO jealous of those Ticky mats...
Im going to have to go on the prowl for some now.

And if you need a hand with those LEDs in the boot, hit me up. Its simple as

Blue blooded.

Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Bit of an annoying update, driving to work this morning and a person decides to cut his lane around a sharp bend and basically hit me :evil:
Anyway it's not as bad as I first thought so heres some pics:

Temporary fix for the voyage home from work:

As you can see my boss thought it'd be funny to band-aid it :(
Anywho It's dented where the band-aid is and there's a few cracks in the paint that can be seen.
Indicator snapped off and head light bracket bent too as well as the tyre scuff on the bumper and it's hanging down a tad..
Wheel alignments out as our wheels touched but it's booked into pedders tomorrow morning to give it a quick going over to make sure nothings bent/broken. (looked fine to me but up on a hoist will show best)

On the way home from work grabbed some "100 m/ph tape" :lol: lol and tidied up my temporary tape solution with the help from a mate to this:

He thought it'd be funny to rice it up with "eye lids" :roll:

Anyway plan of attack is to get it all checked by pedders then go from there.
Guy wasn't insured so it's going to be a bit of a hassle unfortunately but I know where he lives :mrgreen:
So will get quotes to repair the damage as well as a few other things like respray roof + bonnet, remove dents, fix roof lining and maybe repair some rust...
It's always a good excuse to spend more money while it's convenient 8-)

Will keep you posted, but hopefully everything underneath is all good :cry:

Cheers, Luke

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 23  [ 334 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next