Lukes EL XR6 

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Lukes EL XR6
Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:21 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EL XR6

Power: 173 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Update to the forum! Have been putting this off for a long time but have some spare time so thought i would share some information and photos!

New mods:
New tires (Falken Azenis Semi slicks)

HID Lights, Running 35w 5000k low beam
35w 6000k High beam (Not installed)

Angel LED lights, Spliced into parkers.

JVC AVX736 Double Din Head Unit.

Tickford Valve Caps

Firstly the new tires are amazing! Grip up very well on the dry roads, Really holds on arounds the corners! They are a very poor tire for the wet roads and the are a Semi-Slick made for track days etc and for the dry!

The new HID lights are great! Have only put the low beam ones in so far as the are a pain in the a** to put in!! Ended up having to drill out a big hole in the back of the cap you take off to replace the bulb and put in a "Bung" just so i can screw the cap back on as the HID's have two wires that come out the back of the bulb and i could not screw the cap back on as there was no room.
High beams are another story again! Looks like i will have to take the whole front off and pull the lights off to put those in as i cant reach from the back!

Angel lights are a great cheap "MOD" to do if you want to add a little bit of custom looks! Just double side taped them onto the outside of the lenses and spliced the wires into the parkers.

The new JVC Double Din head unit i got off ebay for a good price, Purchased the EL Fairlane Fascia that had the premium sound that was double din to replace the Single din one i have.
Haven't installed this one yet as i am waiting for the mounting cage to arrive to install it!

Trying to decide what the next "MOD" will be, Thinking of saving up and getting a Piggyback computer and a good tune, Been emailing a few places trying to get some prices but most of them are wanting me to just chuck a chip in but i am not sure i want to do that! (any thoughts?) Got a quote for a piggy back at $1400 and said i will get about 30 kw more at the wheels bit more torque and better fuel economy.
Here up some photos i just took quickly for you to have a look at, Will have more information on the head unit installation hopefully by the weekend with a few photos.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EL XR6- 18'' BA XR8 wheels-King Springs-Pacemaker Extractors With a full 3'' exhaust threw..-High Compression pistons-Lumpy cam-Big valves-"head work"-3.45LSD-FPV short throw shifter-Fusion 1000w sub&fusion 350w amp
Next mod, Piggy backed computer and dyno tune! BA intake pipe

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:30 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Got home early from work today so thought id give her a cut and polish! Enjoy!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EL XR6- 18'' BA XR8 wheels-King Springs-Pacemaker Extractors With a full 3'' exhaust threw..-High Compression pistons-Lumpy cam-Big valves-"head work"-3.45LSD-FPV short throw shifter-Fusion 1000w sub&fusion 350w amp

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:45 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Got my car on the dyno today, Was hoping i would push out around the 150rwkw mark and pulled just over with a result i cant complain about!

Will be most likely getting a "Wade 977b" camshaft followed by a remap of my ECU by dynomotive in bayswater which will be pulling me up around the 185-190rwkw. That will make me happy.

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Nice car and well looked after :D

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:25 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 1997 EL Futura

VIC, Australia

Awesome EL!

Thought about swapping the tail lights for EF ones?

Hope you're going to lower it some more, especially the front!

Keep up the great work!

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:18 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Are the EF ones different are they? Na i will probably just keep this one in near original condition..

Yeah im getting my computer remapped to give me about 180rwkw and after that i will be getting some new springs and maybe also shocks..

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

NSW, Australia

Ef lights have clear instead of amber . I'd rather el lights . It's the only way to tell its a el from the rear .

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:26 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: LV XR5T

NSW, Australia

Nice EL! I've got an XR8 in the same colour, they look great! Nice power too, there are a few el xr6's with good NA power running around now. It's great to see, they should've come from factory like that hehe

Don't change the tail lights, EF lights look naff on this colour (I weighed it up with mine). It's nice as is mate

Previous -
EL XR8 - Navy, 5.0, coilovers, custom twin 2.25" exhaust
EL Fairmont Ghia - Heritage, V8, Coilovers, leather, elec seat, sunroof, Ticky kit, EL XR front, dual fuel, EL GT's, custom twin exhaust
2011 Fiesta LX

Current -
LV XR5T

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:41 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Yeah i like the EL tail lights better!

Thanks buddy, How many rwkw does your xr8 have? I am getting my computer remapped next weekend which will bring mine up to 180rwkw.. Cant wait!

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: LV XR5T

NSW, Australia

Haha well my XR8 is bog-stock and unmodified so by now, if we calculate the losses through the BTR and a bit from age, it'd probably have around 80RWKW lol it's an absolute slug! And I haven't had it dynoed as I don't see any point until it gets some mods!

180rwkw would make your XR6 pretty swift!

Previous -
EL XR8 - Navy, 5.0, coilovers, custom twin 2.25" exhaust
EL Fairmont Ghia - Heritage, V8, Coilovers, leather, elec seat, sunroof, Ticky kit, EL XR front, dual fuel, EL GT's, custom twin exhaust
2011 Fiesta LX

Current -
LV XR5T

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:53 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Big update to the forum! Haven't be on here for about a year!

Here are a few things i have done while i haven't been on the forums! lol

*Got my ECU remapped to suit all the mods that were done on the car previous to when i got it! Went in at 153rwkw and came back out at 173rwkw, drives amazing now, Even know the cam is so lumpy! :P

*Installed a false floor and sides in my boot and carpeted it all, Looks so much neater then standard!

*Installed a new sound system, Already had my double din head unit but but decided to throw a bit of money in to get some decent speakers! Got some Alpine Type R's, Got the spilts in the front and just the standards in the rear. Got the Amp to so speakers can perform at peak performance, Sounds AMAZING!!!

*Changed rotors and pads. Got some EBC Gold slotted and dimpled with some EBC Yellow Stuff pads. Pull up great!

Most recently i purchased a turbo kit, Even know im still on my P's i thought F#*k it ill chuck it on as im not driving the car every day!
Kit came with Log manifold, Dump pipe, Wastegate and the turbo. Gave the manifold and turbo a clean up with the wire wheel on the grinder and came up spot on ready for a spray!
I don't know much about turbo's so im trying to learn as much as i can while im in the build process!
I dont know the turbos history so im thinking of taking it to Eastern Turbo Services in bayswater for them to have a look at and tell me if i should just buy a new one or will this one be okay...

Im also in the process of getting other bits and pieces for the build so its all done properly and to get most power as i can atm. This is whats on my list.

*Bosch 023 intank pump (Got)
*Au fuel rail
*BA XR6T fuel reg
*Bosch 42lb injectors
*Full 3" exhaust
*Stealth black front mount cooler and piping.
*boost gauge
And im sure there are a few other little things but i cant remember lol, And all followed up by another ECU remap and dyno to suit. Im really hopping to see around 220rwkw when this is done, just on a low 6psi.

As some of you may know the previous owner did some work on the engine already so its a bit higher compression then standard, i will attach a photo of the work that i have been told thats been done.

My mate also did a quick compression test for me and these are the readings (from front):
185 psi

I have been told that i could run a low level of boost on this compression, Whats peoples thoughts on this?
Id love to hear peoples thoughts and suggestions throughout my build!! Thanks

Last bumped by lukecd on Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:53 pm.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2