Fordmods Logo

MA77US' AU XL/BA XR6. (LOTS OF PICTURES AND PROGRESS) 

Page 1 of 8 [ 107 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Post subject: MA77US' AU XL/BA XR6. (LOTS OF PICTURES AND PROGRESS)
Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:30 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUI XL Falcon

NSW, Australia

hi guys. been on the site for a while so may as well make a thread and see what criticism i can get. hopefully get a few people to like my standard au haha :)

all the way back in january i bought this XL for $4500

was looking for an xh xr6 but had to settle for this but i am happy. most to all people gave me endless amount of s**t for the plastic bulbar haha. cowboys, oldies and p platers. everyone gave it to me haha but oh well. turns out that the thing is worth about a 1000 brand new!

but anyway, first mod that happened was a 2.5 inch exhaust. luckily for me a good mate REW95N has some keen eyes on him and spotted a lukey underneath a written of XR6 ute at the wreckers. with some jumpers hiding the tip and the lukey stickers i was able to carry it out the front door for just $80! was very happy with it. it has 1 12inch muffler and a rear resonator but still makes a nice sound.

heres what it looks like from behind. a little slanted i know but oh well.

for a while there was a dry spot of mods. was just slowly collecting parts. another guy im grateful for is the owner of obrien aluminium. for absolutely nothing he gave me a ba xr6 tub with black liner, all skirts and tail gate. in return all i gave him was a bottle of jim beam. ill post pics of the tub later as its on my other computer.

then another gift came my way

a much loved AU xr6 which a mate bought for $4000. i looked at buying it but parents restricted me from having a sedan so aw well. anyways, this is the result of hydro planeing at 130 and hit a power pole whilst under the influence and only an L plater :? thank god the only injury he had was some broken ribs. crazy!

this car was a gold mine though and for free, who isnt happy! first thing was swapping over the clear indicators for a 5 minute job that. however, there was alot more parts to start removing an swapping over but first i looked into getting rid of the front bare and putting a body kit on. at first i was really interested in the aftermarket hawke looking stuff but after time and hard thinking i came to hate it. going to some fordmod meets and talking to all the wise people there i came to the conclusion that a nice, more standard look would be much better then the p plater stuff. luckily the front lip of the xr6 wasnt damaged badly. after some research i figured out that the lip would fit on a standard front bar and i love the look of it. also needed some cabin skirts that would kinda match the ba skirts so i got the au2 xr skirts. they kinda match and im happy with them. also, a family friend who is a panel beater said he would paint it all for a cash job. a bit cheaper then taking them to a painter. so next was taking off all the parts. heres what it looked like

2 wheels spun veryy easily like this hahah.

then i found these king springs and monroe shocks on the xr6 so in they went. shout out to ash. has helped me alot and told me how to get springs and shocks out :)

and also changed over most of the interior. the seats, floor carpet, gear stick and centre console and door trims. will put dash in later as its a far bigger job!

heres a picture of the interior

also some tinted windows off the xr6 as well. but here is some pictures of the progress of the parts

and off came the bar! hahah

sold the front bar for 500 anf the tub for 250

then me and REW95N tinted our tail lights. with some VHT niteshades, wet and dry and tape this was the result

quiet pleased with how it turned out.

then all the parts were on and i am quiet happy with the result. the door molds are still being painted however due to the paint not sticking to them. they had armour all in them and this is making the paint run.

as you can see the exhaust tip isnt there. this is because it didnt line up so had to grind it off. but getting it re-attatched soon. im pretty happy with the result. fairly unique and much better then the old XL.

next i decided that the snorkel of the xr6 needed to go on. as you can see its a wholeeeee lot better

next came another gift from my mate at obrien. a bloody good one to!

for absolutely nothing he came around and dropped off a hardtop! sooo thankful. was over the moon, so now this is getting painted white along with molds! should be done next weekend :)

the next mods to come are to firstly paint these undefined extractors off the xr6 haha, i have no idea what they are but there after market.

and get this put on at windsor exhaust along with a 100cpsi catco hi flow cat, get the resonator taken off and the tip put back on. also, im buy some lowered leaf springs for the back and hopefully some wheels too.

somewhere down the line i will take out the xr6 engine, put it in the garage and start upgrading it then put it in along with the dash. im also getting this made up for the rear window :)

so hopefully you guys like my ute :)

cheers matt

MA77US' AU Ute Build.

Last edited by MA77US on Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: AU1 XL project. trying to make an au1 hot
Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:53 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: ba mk2 xr8

NSW, Australia

your rite at first it looked s**t but now mate it looks great good work for an easy power mod get your self a new cam wade cams do them cost me about $230 for a 1673 profile

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:41 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

cheers spinner! appreciated. yeah a new cam is definitely in mind

MA77US' AU Ute Build.

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:25 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

today i got round to painting my extractors. All i did was sand them a bit and wash them down a bit so the paint stuck a bit better. here's what they look like after drying for a bit

will get these put on most probably next week :)

MA77US' AU Ute Build.

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I must say, you have done a good job with this ute so far. On your agenda is there room for bigger brakes? I would suggest you make them a number 1 priority. BA Fronts will fit if you change the lower control arms, stub axles and sway bar. As to the BA rears, they will also fit but you will need to change the brake backing plates, a good idea also is to change the Master Cylinder and Booster, an AUII/III one will do.

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Peacock EB Falcon

QLD, Australia

I hope that is heatproof paint. 8-)

Wanted, CFI manifold

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

thank you. i really appreciate it. well the xr6 in the paddock has upgraded brakes on it so im going to take of the lower control arms, sway bar and stub axels off that and whilst im there i'll put new rotors and pads on :) just a question, i know that you work at ford and was wondering if you knew if i could get a towbar cover for the rear bar? theres a nice hole that needs filling

MA77US' AU Ute Build.

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

knowsfords wrote:
I hope that is heatproof paint. 8-)

haha yeappp. apparently can take 1200'C! VHT canned stuff.

MA77US' AU Ute Build.

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:33 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

also got some new number plates. they look alot better then the standard black and yellow ones

MA77US' AU Ute Build.

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: "08 XR6T Ute

QLD, Australia

hey mate very nice ute, looks really good...
picture of the engine? would like the see how good the painted extractors look, i just got new tiger extractors and want to paint them tickford red or black... so yeah would be good to see how much they really stand out...

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:51 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

FordAUte wrote:
hey mate very nice ute, looks really good...
picture of the engine? would like the see how good the painted extractors look, i just got new tiger extractors and want to paint them tickford red or black... so yeah would be good to see how much they really stand out...

thanks mate. appreciated. well im going to most probably get them fitted next week so i'll take a picture then. need to save up one more weeks pay and i can get the whole exhaust done :)

MA77US' AU Ute Build.

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

It's coming along nicely man.
Seeing it from the start and working on it with, I'm happy with how it's all coming along, I can't imagine how you'd feel.
Once that hardtop goes on, the exhaust fitted and you get that HID retrofit done...
You'll have a ute.
That's for sure.

A wade cam regrind is about $250 I think, I'm not quite sure about the tune.
They work very well for the money spent.
Then you can get a 3" intake pipe made up from the BBM to the air box.

This is good shiit man.

Blue blooded.

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: "08 XR6T Ute

QLD, Australia

Well worth it, not long ago I got a straight through muffler, 2.5" high flow cat and a set of tiger headers put on my 2.5" pipes... :) was very happy... But now it's really loud, which is good and bad... But yeah still very happy with it...

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

cheers russ, slowly getting there. hardtop and side molds should be on by monday

FordAUte wrote:
Well worth it, not long ago I got a straight through muffler, 2.5" high flow cat and a set of tiger headers put on my 2.5" pipes... :) was very happy... But now it's really loud, which is good and bad... But yeah still very happy with it...

i bet that sounds very nice. mine sounds ok at the moment but there is pplenty of room for improvement haha :P

MA77US' AU Ute Build.

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

I_Love_My_Fords wrote:
today i got round to painting my extractors. All i did was sand them a bit and wash them down a bit so the paint stuck a bit better. here's what they look like after drying for a bit

will get these put on most probably next week :)

You typed bit about 30 times in that sentence.
But every bit counts, I guess.

Blue blooded.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 8  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next