Fordmods Logo

Mad2 Garage Mark 2 :) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: Mad2 Garage Mark 2 :)
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:31 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

A year odd [time not me!!] ago i bought a '89 'S' series EA [still tryin ta find where the "sports" part is lol]

anyway ... one of its faults [yes there are a 'few'] is the ode/trip aint workin :?

so

i bought some replacement cogs

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VDO-ODOMETER-COG-FORD-FALCON-XF-EA-EB-ED-SPEEDO-GEAR_W0QQitemZ260577688696QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3caba3fc78

jeeez they small :roll:

anyway .. pulled out the cluster

1 - as is

2 - removing cluster surround after dropping the column.. the two switch panels [or what eva ya wanna call em!] either side of the column removed so i could get to the cluster screws

3 - undo the 4 screws retaining the cluster

wasn't hard ta pull out ... all up 9 screws to remove & 2 nuts on the column

this leaves you with this

the two upper mounts are getin a bit 'long' in the tooth [ie breaking up :( ] so wiil HAVE to be carefull when refitting it :roll:

to 'dismantle' the cluster further it looks like i have the screws in this pic to remove then some how

undo these clips??

let ya know tomorrow how i go pulling it apart :roll: lol

any advice re dismantling welcome .... i also have one more to do [for the EB wagoon]

Post subject: Re: Mad2 Garage Mark 2 :)
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:53 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

i honestly dunno IF the 's' will ever get back on the road .... :roll: bit like toranna guy lol lots of projects [he prob does get em back on the rd tho!]

afta buyin the 's' i bought all up 4 other sedans fa parts ... ummm '88 Ghia [on gas & with in date tank NOT!!!], '90 Ghia [came with 3.23 lsd], '91 Fairmont [fa the diff 3.23 to swap out the 2.92 wagoon lsd .. or somethin ta that effect lol] & another '90 for the good tyres & good head [car not me]

so other than the 's' [& the wagoon] rest will be stripped fa parts]

seeing as the EB has the same cluster as the 's' i'm thinkin that 'maybe' use the '88 Ghia wiring looms in the 's' .... what ya reckon?? i have min 3 clusters fa the 'ghia' type/style. using this loom will then mean no hassles using the '88 GLI manual ecu ? [yes?]

the ghia cluster

which gives me 'cruise' [3 spare sets]

the ghia climate control [altho EB uses this too]

altho i could keep the standard aircon & fit this instead??

prob mean just a 'little' reworkin of the wiring?? & then i would have seperate spares fa the 's' & EB

then the motor/box from the EA wagoon could then be fitted along with the lsd from the '90 Ghia!??

the 'only' draw back i can see .. is the interior of the 's' [i put it as a small s coz its a 3.9ltr, 3sp auto & 2.77 diff!!!!!! i cannna see anythin "S" about that .. can you??]

the '90 [think its that year?] to me has a 'better' looking interior

Post subject: Re: Mad2 Garage Mark 2 :)
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:01 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

& the diff ta go in

all the cars have been driven fa some distance except the '88 Ghia which really only got driven on the trailer coz of blown head gasket [same as 's' lol ... chem weld] so i know the condition of em.

i know they are NOT nor will eva be as modded as say benj or fiends or troymans cars ... but they are neva meant ta be :lol: :lol:

any constructive criticism appreciated

thanks

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]