Fordmods Logo

Mark's 98 EL Ghia (new project) 

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Mark's 98 EL Ghia (new project)
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:06 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ford EF Fairmont 1996

NSW, Australia

Just a few more shots! you can see the seats are pretty average......

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'de rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

fairmont1996 wrote:

you must be bored today lol, i went to the beach at redhead earlier but its too damn rough to stay in.

im unsure on your type of sun roof but theres a place in sydney that used to do the installs of them on the later falcons for the dealers if somebody wanted it added. if anyone from sydney knows the name of that place or even a contact that would be your best bet for getting a new seal i reckon. you could try ford but chances are they will tell you its obsolete

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:15 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Haha i Just have a few hpurs off in between flights! So i thought i would come home for a bit then i'm flying to Sydney and back again at 3:30. Should catch up tonight or this weekend?

bry40l wrote:
fairmont1996 wrote:

you must be bored today lol, i went to the beach at redhead earlier but its too damn rough to stay in.

im unsure on your type of sun roof but theres a place in sydney that used to do the installs of them on the later falcons for the dealers if somebody wanted it added. if anyone from sydney knows the name of that place or even a contact that would be your best bet for getting a new seal i reckon. you could try ford but chances are they will tell you its obsolete

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

fairmont1996 wrote:
Haha i Just have a few hpurs off in between flights! So i thought i would come home for a bit then i'm flying to Sydney and back again at 3:30. Should catch up tonight or this weekend?

bry40l wrote:
fairmont1996 wrote:

yeah ill see what plans the mrs has and work something out

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:30 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

I'm going to get a 10" sub and have it in the factory mount spot of the rear parcel shelf and ill run that in conjunction with my 2 12" subs. Will a 10" run off the factory amp? Is it possible to wire it up or are those stock amps s**t?

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Mint looking Ghia there man, looks pretty damn tidy! Wise choice swapping to the EL grill, looks much better now.

Should look perfect once lowered on some nice wheels 8-)

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:22 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Went down to Jaycar today and bought a few little goodies! Nothing major... I saw MAD's EL ghia and how he put LED back lighting behind the window winder panel. So i was inspired to give a go! Bought some winter white LED's and some resistors so i'm hoping they gave me the right ones! Should look good if it works :D

I also had another idea. Now some of you might think its gay but let me know your thoughts. I want to put a set of 3 gauges a lot the panel that has the tweeters underneath it (Long rectangle panel) Pretty much directly behind the climate control panel if that makes sense! I found some pretty good looking gauges (rachtech) on ebay that i'm keen on. I've seen one E-series with them in that place.

Heres a few pics of the gauges. Do you think they would look alright???
I'm not sure what ones to run! Oil temp is one i'll run, maybe vacuum? and maybe EGT? Not that they would be beneficial to the operation!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:23 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

This is hopefully what mine will look like!

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:27 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

THoughts on these??? Will they look s**t in a ghia?????

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:53 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Decided today i would do something productive! I stripped the old carpet out and put a newer carpet that i had which was in much better condition in. Hopefully tomorrow i'll get some good carpet shampoo and give it a good clean! It's amazing what you find when you remove all the seats and even the carpet. Found $6 in gold coins, question is how does that get under the carpet??? I found a screwdriver under the back seat, more coins and s**t loads of dirt and crap. So i removed the old carpet and threw that away as it was completely buggered. Had cigarette burns all through it /: Once i got the carpet out i spent about 2 hour with a cloth and cleaning product and cleaned out ever bit of dirt i could find. Couldn't bare the thought of just putting the carpet back on it and covering it. So i cleaned it as much as i could. 14 years certainly allows a lot of dirt to build up in those places that are even sealed off.

While i had the carpet out i also re-did all the speaker wires to the rear as the guy before me clearly had no idea on electrics. Wires were wrapped together and tapped! So i removed all that s**t and ran brand new stuff along with the wiring loom and zip tied it there. I thought seeing i have the carpet out i may as well run new wiring and the factory wires can be redundant. I properly ran the wired under the dash and up into the back of the stereo compartment, opposed to having them sitting over the steering collumn and dangling out from under there like the previous guy had :evil:

Wish people would do the job properly haha. But it was a good project to do. Just need to sort out what wires are what behind the stereo as they are all taped up again /: not one proper wire joiner!!!!!!!!!

Put the new carpet in and it matched up perfectly which was good :P
I had the stereo running for a bit and had my phone charging. Turned the key off for a bit then turned it back on and weird things happened, climate control panel flashed, beeping noise, (!) light came on when i tried to crank and the engine wouldn't start and i shat myself because i thought maybe i buggered up some wiring!!!! But turns out the battery was really flat. About 9v haha. Maybe the computer stops the engine from turning over below a certain voltage? Stereo wouldn't turn on ect. But i started the car about 30 mins before and had a few things running in that time. Battery must had just been pretty shot.

Got a quote on my roof lining today. Its and after market sunroof and one place and they said about $550!! another place said $330. So i'll go see them and see if i can get it booked in as the roof lining is completely gone now as i had a bit of a play with it haha.

All in all, been a successful day. Got my carpet in and a lot of new wires laid down.

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:01 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Got the new wiring in! tried to make it as neat as possible

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:02 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

New carpet all in! Just waiting to give it a good scrub haha.

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:38 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Something new arrived in the mail today! Have been waiting awhile. Its a momo steering wheel. Its has to have a little bit of work done to it as the blue paint on the right hand side has faded slightly so i'm hoping to get it dyed again to get the colour back in it. It feels so much better a 'bulkier then the old s**t one! Im rapped with it.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2