Fordmods Logo

Milzy's 2003 BA XT/SR Falcon 

Page 2 of 5 [ 67 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: Milzy's 2003 BA XT Falcon
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:37 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: BA Falcon 4.0

QLD, Australia

I bought some chrome tailights today. I reckon they look sweet. Ill put some pics on tomorow. They are clear chrome, not the round ricey style ones.

The seats turned out to be a bit of a hassle. I bolted them in, then the warning light on the dash came on. Ended up having to swap the xr seat cushions onto my origional xt seat frames. But now its all done I'm happy.

Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Ford Falcon BA XT

VIC, Australia

Yeah, it seems like a Unmarked vehicle. They had the SR kit but with the standard interior.

It's good to hear you're going well. I want the chrome rear lights. First I have to get the dint out of the back right of my car.

Your car looks ten times better, hahahahahahaha but the colour is amazing.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:55 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Hey LNR123 nice car. I cant really see the dent in the picture, but that sux. My car needs a good cut and polish. Its got a few swirls and scratches in the paint. I think the camera makes it look better. Heres a pic of the lights. Its on a crappy fone camera so the pic isnt that good, but gives everyone an idea. I'm stoked with the look.

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:42 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

I've noticed throughout my travel's that Acid Rush looks different with every vehicle. You have a more yellow look, as mine is a more gold look.

Very nice lights, and I am actually incredibly jealous over the spoiler. in my opinion that car would look better without the spoiler or "XT" batch.

Your car, after seeing the back is a rare, specially desighed BA XT that was technically a beta for an updated 2003. suppose to be the design for the MarkII but I guess they scrapped it. I am actually really surprised that you managed to get a hold of such a car. Please, whatever you do... don't cut that bottom bumper out for an exhaust pipe... it'll ruin the look

All in all, your car is frigging amazing :P Don't hit anything!!!

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:17 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Hey man thanks. I have noticed that too with the coulour. Its meant to be gold with some lime green in it I think. Some cars look more gold and others more green tinge.

Ive been hoping someone could tell me whats the go with my car. Ive only seen a few like it, but they had SR badges and different interior. I guess the story of the unwanted unmarked car might be true :P I had the option to get twin exhaust pipes or a single coming out of the bumper, but I diddnt want to cut holes in it and ruin it. So I got the redback that is like the stock one that stays under the bumper.

I wish my car was amazing lol. It has a few things I need to fix. Mum has put some nasty scracthes on the corner rear bumper. The spoiler has been a prick. dont get one! it has been fittted incorrectly from the factory and has leaked water into the bootlid and is now starting to rust.

I actually backed into my mates skyline :lol: It was kinda funny. I put a huge dent and crease in his door. But the falcon just got a tiny scuff mark on the bumber. Ricey crap

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:04 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

yeah, I don't understand the colour.

but yeah, i've seen a lime coloured Xr6 with "acid rush" mentioned, I was like "What... that must be the original"

The car is half Special, half standard. You've got the exterior SR body kit, with a s**t spoiler (So this car was built half a** - spoiler issue) it looks as though they kept the standard interior for ability to put in either bars, or a locking system in the back.

You can get twin spoiler's pointing down. I'm guessing you've got enough money to afford those downward ones. It'll look nice, sound great and make the dints obsolete.

Skyline's are overestimated vehicle's... You start driving it as an Australian, come out WOG. It's powerful yes, but it wears our way to quickly if pushed slightly over the limit.

Ford are tough cars... But, I am secretly hoping some bus wipes off my car... I paid $9,000 for it, I get about $14,000 back... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I LOVE IT. I'll get a BF Xr6 if it ever happens.

But yeah, they are amazing car's... Regardless of handbrake issues and terrible gear boxes... they are drivable.

Just a question, whilst you are actually hanging around this site. All in all, for all this s**t, how much has it cost you?

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:08 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Also, that tow bar would be the reason you got out of that one :P

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:15 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Hey so far its been pretty cheap. I bought the car for 10k. the 2.5 inch redback cat back was $400. the pacies were $346, $250 for the airbox and snorkels, K & N air filter $60, the seats $233, chrome lights $125, Chrome front grill $70, total $1484.

So far my car has been great. No handbrake issues? or gearbox trouble. its got about 135000 on it now. But im going to get a tranny oil cooler for it soon.

Na the tow bar diddnt hit his car or save mine. It was kind of on the right side corner of my rear bumper. But I was reversing really slow, thats what saved me I think, but his car got f**k up lol.

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

they crumple so easily, the skylines... when you crash one, don't expect to be alive afterwards, your legs shoot up into the rear area... as it crushes your body, it's horrible hahaha

but yeah, that's f**k cheap!!! Chrome front grill?

I can't do as much as you, if all anything due to the gas converter. I realised when it comes to modding, never have a gas converter on it :P hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:56 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Yeah i bought a ghia style chrome front grill and some Phillips crystal vision bulbs from this place. I need a new ford badge now but. It was a b**ch to get off and i kinda wrecked it lol.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Falcon- ... 588e0aab13

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:26 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

that turns me away from the chrome front idea. take a pic and show us the front of the car.

You can go to the wreckers and collect a badge from there. aim for the back of a car, less chance of being hit... or, if you really want to be an idiot, look for an FPV badge and just do that... I don't know why, but eeeh

Guessing the car looks good then. As for your leaking spoiler, ever consider taking it off?

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:15 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

pics of the new seats going in.

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Damn, that's amazing :) Looks nice with the XR seats, plus the extruding cushion stops you leg from hurting after a while.. somehow. Do they slide fine? back and forth?

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:34 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

yeah they slide back and forth no worries. Only problem was the dash light. fixed that by swapping the seat frames back to the origional ones.

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Try putitng in another XT Base in, the light doesn't go off either... HAHAHAHAHAAHA Makes you wonder... they put in another seat for my car (The person who owned it before was...FAT...FAT.FAT.FAT.FAT, and had split the seat into 3 sections... it was a b**ch trying to get that light off.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 5  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next