Fordmods Logo

Milzy's 2003 BA XT/SR Falcon 

Page 5 of 5 [ 67 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post subject: Re: Milzy's 2003 BA XT/SR Falcon
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:26 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Ford Falcon BA XT

VIC, Australia

The car's coming along very nicely and your modifications are doing their part :P

You should look into putting in a different centre ICC and cluster... if you're going for luxury get a Fairmont cluster... or like everyone else, XR6 cluster.

Still in love with the gold hahahahahaha!

Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:27 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Ford Falcon BA XT

VIC, Australia

Also, your EBAY links expired hahahahaa, got no idea what your new additions are.

Post subject: Re: Milzy's 2003 BA XT Falcon
Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

Milzy wrote:
^ I just had a look at your build thread. Hows the manual conversion going? I had thoughts of doing a turbo conversion and putting a manual trans in as well. But I looked into it and I think it would cost too much. Pity you cant just bolt a turbo onto the NA. I might get my diff converted into a lsd thats prob it.

I have a mate at work who is right into cars. He reckons hes spent 70k on his skyline. Ill ask him if he knows any decent cheap paint shops. would prob be in brisbane though.

The conversion is coming along. Just waiting on tax return so I can have it and the diff installed with new gears etc and have the bodykit painted. Found a joint like 5 minutes from work that will respray my entire car for $1500, plus fix up the little scrape I have down the rear left door. I'm estimating about $2,500-$3,000 for the gearbox and diff install, which I'm fine with. But once that happens, I have too pretty much not drive the car until I have it in for a tune to get the speedo and everything calibrated correctly. Still waiting on cams, injectors, fuel pump. And I'll be getting a port and polish when I get the cams in then have her on the dyno. Hopefully the NA T5 gearbox holds up to 200rwkw lol

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:05 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: BA Falcon 4.0

QLD, Australia

LNR123 wrote:
The car's coming along very nicely and your modifications are doing their part :P

You should look into putting in a different centre ICC and cluster... if you're going for luxury get a Fairmont cluster... or like everyone else, XR6 cluster.

Still in love with the gold hahahahahaha!

Na I have a 7 inch single din DVD head unit thats going in the tissue box holder. With the proper facia. The XR or fairmont icc are a rip off. I dont need out dated sat nav. I'll use my phone or GPS. and the headunit has reversing camera input. Plus getting a 2nd hand icc flashed by ford is just another drama and cost I dont want. It will be cool, Il have 2 x screens lol

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:33 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

LNR123 wrote:
Also, your EBAY links expired hahahahaa, got no idea what your new additions are.

Ok here are some pics.

1. Sports FPV pedals

2. Polished alloy intake pipe and silicone joiners. Changed from the K&n Panel filter to a pod inside the airbox.

3. New 5 x 7 speakers in front doors and rear shelf

(Stock ones were pioneer but s**t)
4. 1 x new wheel (Step dad gutter rashed up my front drivers side wheel) So now I have a complete set of 5 :-)

Post subject: Re: Milzy's 2003 BA XT Falcon
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:40 am 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

TheKrazeD wrote:
Milzy wrote:
^ I just had a look at your build thread. Hows the manual conversion going? I had thoughts of doing a turbo conversion and putting a manual trans in as well. But I looked into it and I think it would cost too much. Pity you cant just bolt a turbo onto the NA. I might get my diff converted into a lsd thats prob it.

I have a mate at work who is right into cars. He reckons hes spent 70k on his skyline. Ill ask him if he knows any decent cheap paint shops. would prob be in brisbane though.

The conversion is coming along. Just waiting on tax return so I can have it and the diff installed with new gears etc and have the bodykit painted. Found a joint like 5 minutes from work that will respray my entire car for $1500, plus fix up the little scrape I have down the rear left door. I'm estimating about $2,500-$3,000 for the gearbox and diff install, which I'm fine with. But once that happens, I have too pretty much not drive the car until I have it in for a tune to get the speedo and everything calibrated correctly. Still waiting on cams, injectors, fuel pump. And I'll be getting a port and polish when I get the cams in then have her on the dyno. Hopefully the NA T5 gearbox holds up to 200rwkw lol

Sounds pretty full on. I will give you props for dedication. I would of just scrapped the idea and got a xr6T with a 5speed and LSD lol, instead of pumping all that money into a stock NA. Will be cool and unique when its all done tho.

Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

Well I'm on my P's until Aug 2014 lol then I'll think of selling and getting an FG G6E-Turbo or an FG GS 335.

I've got the car booked in for the 15th of October to have the gearbox, diff and tune done. Total cost of $3500. Cheaper than I expected (helps when you have all the parts lol)

After that, get the bodykit fitted and painted and I'm good to go.

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 5  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5