Fordmods Logo

MK IV 

Page 2 of 15 [ 224 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

Post subject: Re: RAPTOR_XR8's warmachine
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU1 XR8

First modification i done to it was changing over the amber repeaters over to the series 3 that i had on my eb fairmont.

Paint is alittle shagged with what looks like white overspray all over the galaxy blue, will need someone to have a look at it.

On the way home from Nowra it returned just on 9ltrs to 100km which i was pretty happy with, altho i have been running it on 100 e10 for the past two weeks i had to switchback to 98 as the fuel economy was suffering to the point that driving from Liverpool to Casula was using 13ltr one way trip.

As was discussed before i bought the car that modifications were going to be light to non existent as our second kid is due soon and having had the eb constantly off the road fixing wiring gremlins really hurt us not being able to get around to see the doctors etc.

Ive pulled the innovate wideband sensor and gauge out of the eb ready for the au.

So the can do list from the wife is very limited but im allowed to...

Tune the car
Fix the exhaust (dual 2 1/4'')
3.91 diff gears
And possibly swapping over my twisted wedge heads
Cosmetic Modifications (boss bonnet etc)

Although tis a small list i think i should be happy with the performance for awhile as these mods will be slowly stretched over the course of a year.

Last edited by WARMACHINE on Sun May 05, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ordered my quarterhorse and binery editor with dongle took a week to arive which was pretty good, bought strategy for the xr off of 5.0 ED who's on ford forums.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11323999

Going through some of the things inside binery editor is just amazing and seeing some of the torque reduction things like removing timing from 2500 to 4000 rpm
in 1st and reverse gear made me shudder.... ford y u no let me have proper timing in 1st gear????

But before i install the quarterhorse i wanted to get some base figures.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

So i changed the oil and oil filter over to new items, borrowed my brothers helmet and headed off to wsid.

Filled quarter of a tank with caltex 98ron
Left the baby seat in with spare tyre and all as i drive it every day (38psi in tyres).

Weighed the car with me in it at 1746kg.

1st run
Attachment:
15.54.JPG

And the rest of my runs looked like this
Attachment:
15.452.JPG

Tried to get a good reaction time on my last run (6th run) but i jumped just before it went green and got a red light, i felt like a failure seeing that red light so i took my foot
off the accelerator and then thought wtf am i doing im at a race track bloody go for it ffs lol so i mashed my foot back on the pedal.

That last run really jumped off the line with the right amount of stall but because i backed off and then hit it again i rooted that run up.

So fastest et was 15.452
and highest mph was 90 on the 4th run

For what is a stock series1 automatic au xr8 with this being my first ever time racing at wsid im pretty happy with that.
Attachment:
sdstreetmeet230113_030.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYzqpMjDciU

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

nice job, did you get much wheel spin off the line? What were the track temps?

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Track temps wernt recorded but outside temp was 24*

Didnt get wheelspin at all tbh i dont think i was stalling it up hard enough, couldnt feel the accelerator through my nikes they have a thick sole.

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:49 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

the irs will give good traction compared to live axle..

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

I wonder how the car will run with all the torque limiters removed...

Dont think ill be able to go back out to wsid for a few weeks as the baby is due anytime now.

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Quarter horse installed....

Second fill up of 100ron e10
Removed torque reduction settings...
Added some timing across the board...

She feels more spritely than before feels pretty good now just waiting on that cold air induction setup to arrive so i can feed her the fresh air she needs.

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Well i dont know if it was the new found kw's from the quarter horse or the fact that the car has 260 thousand kms but it seem's my catalytic converters have taken a massive dump.

When i rev the car i can hear the passanger side rattle really badly and i can hear a slight rattle in the drivers side.... Its actually gotten so bad that the car has stalled on me while i was picking jason up from preschool... in peak hour traffic...

So plan of attack is im going to use the 3'' 100 cell cat and im going to see chris out at hume mufflers to get another cat and have them both fitted, unfortunatly i wont be making the cruise this sunday.

Post subject: Re: WarmachineMK2
Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New wheel bearings fitted thanks to capare,evil and dc for there input into what turned out to be a fairly easy job.

Hubs came clean off due to not rusting to the spindle = all good but the hubs themselves had upto 1cm of play from side to side and rattled like a jar full of marbles.

Weighed the 18'' rims with 245/40 tyres and it came upto 24kg's a wheel, which is what the 17'' tickford au xr8 copies weighed...

Wish i could take it out with the family tomorrow but they and it will have to wait for another time

Next update should see the cats and a few little modifications done and hopefully in the next few weeks a return back to wsid to see the improvements.

Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ok in an effort to actually give the car a full service and make her feel special and loved again ive been buying the bits and pieces she needs to purr happily...

New spark plugs
New eagle 8mm leads with the heat sock's
New MSD ignition coils (btw big thanks to DC TODD for lending/giving me his coils from the te to fix a missfire issue)
New crank positioning? sensor
New 100 cell cat fitted along with the 100 cell cat from the turbo's exhaust.

And this arrived a few weeks back but i got too scared to cut the car incase i screwed it big time..

Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Blue and White Mercedes

NSW, Australia

Provided it is functional, I would not have any objections to the shaker. Just needs a lumpy cam so the thing actually shakes.

As for the Lebo wannabe sitting in the driver seat... :P

Remember kids, the more pages of crap in your build thread, the bigger your e-penis is

Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:28 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Couple of pics with the bonnet up?

Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Yeah it works lol, if your at fordmods meet tonight swc ill show you.

When i was bolting it up i accidently threaded one of the bolt holes so im going to have to make a trip out to bunnings and just bang a larger bolt in.

When you give it a rev it shakes its pretty good

Tooly i thought EB93 was the lebo wannabe... i wont shave tonight just for you tooly.

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Shaker install is nearly finished and ive put the quarterhorse back in so i could get some datalogging done.

Maf volts are at 4.4@5500rpm
Max load 88.21
Ect was 98.8c

After restarting the car the act got as high as 122f/50c (heat soak), driving around dropped to 107f/41.6c and under hard acceleration to 80km/h it dropped to 98f/36.6c.

All in all this datalog show's that the shaker scoop's do work although i have no previouse logs what really shows their worth is the near instant lowering of air temps to the engine.

To complement the shaker im going to throw the 70mm t/b and caled 76mm maf in before i run it down wsid again.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 15  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next