Fordmods Logo

MK IV 

Page 14 of 15 [ 224 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post subject: Re: MKIII
Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU1 XR8

km's of car just after fitting the 170tho km motor.

Old motor sitting in the backyard with a tarp over it... feels like those tfs heads are going to waste yet again :( .

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:53 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

sounds pretty good dude...

Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

I told her to give it a rev but shes too scared she will break it.

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

So ive put just over 500km's on this wrecker motor and it hasn't missed a beat yet, im pretty happy with that.

I swapped the injectors back over to 19lber's because of it using fuel like a mofo, not enough to leave a trail of black unburnt fuel behind me just enough to notice that im using 6km of fuel on a 2km drive up to the servo.

Granted cars use more when you first start them due to cold starting etc but even with the 19s it was never this bad, without the wide band connected I cbf trying to clean it up as this engine will never have the need for 24's.

Fitted the phenolic spacer while I was there, reset ecu and everythings going good.

Car is booked in for a auto service due to me putting the wrong atf in it, when cold and or stalling it up it slips and whines like a whipple blower.

If all is good with the auto I may take it out to wsid on Wednesday to try better my other s**t time.

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

WARMACHINE wrote:
Car is booked in for a auto service due to me putting the wrong ATF in it, when cold and or stalling it up it slips and whines like a Whipple blower.

If all is good with the auto I may take it out to wsid on Wednesday to try better my other s**t time.

You put in Dexron? you silly individual. :D I did the same myself when I first got Lucifa. :D

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Yh I was rushed for time and just bought a bottle from peps, I think we lost 2.5ltr when we removed the torque converter.

Its down at the trans mech getting a service done so fingers crossed.

Why no dexron?

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

4 Speed Autos use TQ95

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Drove out to tempe tyres to get tyres fitted to dads ba xr rims straight from the transmission shop.

Out on the m7 it ate up the km's, in total 85.

Trans doesn't feel sluggish anymore, apparently I put in the wrong fluid which wasn't filled enough and some how I got dirt in it which I think was from the rag I put in the converter when we removed it.

Anyways new filter, new CORRECT fluid and fingers crossed it doesn't rain tomorrow.

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:09 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

If the weather is good tomorrow I might join you.

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Was messing around last night with the datalogger, finally fixed my throttle issue where it was getting stuck shut... which also fixed another issue.

It wasn't quite getting full volts at wot so it was shifting up at 5000rpm but after fixing the stop screw its now getting 4.77v and shifting at 5500rpm.

Another problem reared its ugly head last night, from a standing start if you mashed the throttle the car was stalling... when I restarted it I could here a familiar s**t kicking noise.

Idling roughly I took myself home and when id try to accelerate it would cut in and out like spark issue, had a listen when I got home and I knew 100% it was the synchroniser f**k...

Just replaced it with the newy out of the other motor and its running back to normal.

Even fixed some low end issues that it had with timing being out on the datalogger, loaded my old timing adjusted tune and its all sweet now with no pinging.

Problem now is how to get the nitto's to hook without a big burnout to soften them up for a better launch... im thinking 25psi????

Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

20psi with an ok burnout gets 1.9 60 footers with 15.063@91mph.

Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Arrived at wsid with 25psi in the tyres, met up with my neighbor steve and troy.

I was put in lane 4 so didnt get to race steve.

First run down the track i raced a ve sv6? commodore that had full slicks and i think front runners, launching at 1000rpm i spun my nt05's which had me thinking did i get the wrong tyre...

Second run i raced the same sv6 and again i handed his s**t to him, before that run i checked the tyre pressures (had jumped up to low 30's) and didnt have time to let them back down.

I tried 2000rpm and it spun even more and i lost a tenth....

Back in the lane i dropped tyre pressures down to 20psi (yh im thinking at this point how the hell can my basiclly stock auto v8 be spinning nt05's) and troy had asked the fellow to let us race together.

Now knowing the last run he had done a 14.98 i was content if i didnt finish before him BUT i was hoping to crack a 14.99, it didnt eventuate but it was very close.

Both of us had set our fastest times of the night but what really made both of us smile was we had both cracked 1.9 60 footers.

Rewinding abit here, at the water box i did what felt like a decent burnout that had a little smoke.

Thought to myself launch as hard as i can which was around 2300rpm, when the light was green i felt the front of my car leap off the line... it felt good... it felt very good....

Every run after that my 60ft was 2.1 but i was going ever so slightly faster from 15.076 to a new pb of 15.063, last run i did i tried to see how hard i could lean against the stall but
by doing that for too long i think i heated up the tranny and it ran slow from then till the end.

So things to note

nt05's love a burnout with 20psi in them (then they stick like glue)
With how sticky those tyres got i could get max stall at 2500rpm no higher.
When it did take off it felt like it slightly bogged down (even tho i was leaving hard it felt like it needed more rpm's)
Btr needs a transcooler has the harder i lent on it, it would slow down due to heat.
Trans is reving out to 5600rpm and then shifting which i can feel is losing me time (QH backs me up on that with datalogs), will need to fix.
Have to get wideband working in the car so i can get an idea of what the afr's are so i can see if i can get that damn 14.9

Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

The best tyres I had on my AU XR8 were Khuma V70A Soft's. 5500rpm clutch dumps and 1.7 sec 60's for 14.3's in an AU1 XR8. Good tyres and a preppped track make a hell of a difference!

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

2500rpm was pretty much as high as it would go, I think I need more power or higher stall to do better than 1.9's but goddamn it felt good launching that hard.

Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Vid from wsid of my 15.063 run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO-naxhXFPs

And a fathers day pressie from the kids

And I crimped the wires as someone has already done it to the cd player that was in there but was taken out and refitted with the factory s**t box.

Hopefully I can put her in tomorrow.

Sort by  
 Page 14 of 15  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next