Fordmods Logo

MR ED. Fixed the oil leaks! Some new pics. 

Page 1 of 7 [ 97 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Post subject: MR ED. Fixed the oil leaks! Some new pics.
Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Hi all
Well I thought I would start a thread on the new toy Mr ED. It is a 94 ED Fairmont. It wound up with the name Mr ED for a couple of reasons. Obviously it is an ED and when I was a kid I was a huge fan of watching the old repeats of the TV show MrED. That horse cracked me up.
Second reason is Im not normal.
Anyway the ED come around because as the members here who have come to my place to pick up some parts would know I have a pretty well modified Ford Maverick 4x4 on 35's with a 5.0 Windsor conversion I did.
I have had a lot of road cars and was missing not having one to go cruising in and the fourby has got to the point that the next round of mods to that will not be cheap and will be waiting a long time.
I was getting bored and needed something to tinker with.
I was originally looking for another XD but the prices people are charging now days for rubbish put me off one. I loved our old EL Fairmont so was looking around for another.
Then I stumbled across the ED. Not having a lot of cash this side of Christmas I was looking cheap and I reckon $400 with nearly 3 months rego on it is about as cheap as it gets! Yep $400!

All the electrics actually work apart from a keyless entry problem and the air con even works.
I picked it up Monday afternoon and started to look over it to find out what faults it had.
Broken right hand engine mount.
Stretched throttle cable.
Stuffed alternator belt.
3 quick cheap fixes I did one afternoon.

On Friday afternoon I took it for a wheel alignment as I noticed the front tyres had scrubbed on the inside. As I know the guys at the tyre service they were giving me heaps about the ride height and the standard turbo blade wheels.
Long story short the boss showed me a set of 17" chrome ANZ Mayhems he had there and offered me the set with new tyres for $899. Luckily I had the missus with me and she liked the wheels cause next thing she told them to fit them up. WOO HOO!!!!
So now it just needs to be dumped.
Some pics of Mr ED at the moment.

I hate the ED Fairmont chrome grille and want to put a standard EA one in. I also dont like the Fairmont garnish so will most likely change that to a Futura one.
I really need a bonnet for it at the moment cause the one I have is stuffed. The rest of the panels have a few bruises but thats ok cause I have a complete set of panels that are as straight as a die on the EB Fairmont Ghia I wrecked out , they just need painting Biscayne Blue.

Due to changes at work Im loosing my company car so MrED will be pushed into daily driver duties.

The plan for the build is to rebuild the 5.0 from the EB i have sitting here with the full conversion and fit that up. Wont be happening for about 6 months yet. Gotta save up for the stroker!
It will be run on straight LPG.
Over the christmas break I will fit up the EB V8 LSD I have here.
Todays plans are change the front brake pads and put my stereo in.
I alos need to fit a set of EF thermos quick cause I suspect the engine fan is stuffed. 38 degree day yesterday and Mr ED got real hot sitting in traffic in record time but one I was moving and had some airflow the temp dropped straight back to normal. Im thinking theres not major issues there and the fan conversion should fix it right up.

Comments and assistance always welcomed. I hope you enjoy the little ride Im about to go on.

Cheers Matt

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Last edited by Matt_jew on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:40 am, edited 4 times in total.

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 1999 AU futura

NSW, Australia

Nice bargain evl.cant wait to see how the V8 goes.

COMING SOON,XD WITH A TURBO...CLEVO STYLE

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:38 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

verry nice for $400...

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford

VIC, Australia

Hi Matt,
For $400 you scored a bargain. I'm a big fan of Q1 Biscayne Blue for obvious reasons.
Hey, I'll buy the Fairmont rear garnish off you. PM me if you can please mate.
Cheers.

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane + G220

Power: 143 rwkw

NSW, Australia

WOW! :shock: Nice pick-up mate! Plenty of bargains to be had out there atm with the old boxies, I just paid $900 for my EBII Monty Ghia with 8 months rego....has a few issues, but nothing major.
Will be watching for the conversion with great interest :D

E-Series Fairlane/LTD? forums/post746329.html#746329
Mick's Garage forums/viewtopic.php?t=65504

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:31 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

nice mate :)

will look better when lowered for sure :)

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Thats so funny, you're happy and braggin that you scored an ED for $400, then you go and spend more than twice that on some ugly 17" chromies..... lol

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

krisisdog wrote:
Thats so funny, you're happy and braggin that you scored an ED for $400, then you go and spend more than twice that on some ugly 17" chromies..... lol

Your point is?

Mate take your hand off it. Get back to me with some intelligent input when your nads drop.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

lol OK tuff nut.

You want intelligent input? sell those ugly chrome atrocities and put the turboblades back on after a polish.

EVL098 wrote:
Not having a lot of cash this side of Christmas I was looking cheap and I reckon $400 with nearly 3 months rego on it is about as cheap as it gets! Yep $400!

Intelligence tells me you werent strapped for cash as you blew 900 on rims!

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED V8

WA, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
krisisdog wrote:

Your point is?

Mate take your hand off it. Get back to me with some intelligent input when your nads drop.

I have to admit, that it is a little bit weird spending more than twice the value of the car on rims and tyres!!!

Especially ones that look as tasteless as those...;-)

ED XR8 Spri-mitatio-nt

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

krisisdog wrote:
lol OK tuff nut.

You want intelligent input? sell those ugly chrome atrocities and put the turboblades back on after a polish.

EVL098 wrote:
Not having a lot of cash this side of Christmas I was looking cheap and I reckon $400 with nearly 3 months rego on it is about as cheap as it gets! Yep $400!

Intelligence tells me you werent strapped for cash as you blew 900 on rims!

Meh.

Who said I was strapped for cash? I dont have the $5000+ Id normally spend on a car this side of Chrissy but $900 for a set of rims? Pocket money.

Mate I realise at 19 you are the king of the world and fountain of great knowledge but its not really wanted here. I like the rims and despise turbo blades. They are a little bit too hectic and fully sick for me. Much like something you would see on one of the turbo rides dosing around Melbourne.

Anyways not getting off topic and turning this into a slanging match.

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:23 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

krisisdog wrote:

hey just becvause they are not what you like

thats fine

go hey
those rims are not for me
but u are happy good stuff!

and btw they dont look that bad
have seen a lot worse rims for alot more $$

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
I like the rims and despise turbo blades. They are a little bit too hectic and fully sick for me.

Your calling turboblades hectic and fully sick? You bought 17" chromies FFS. :roll:

You asked for comments, your getting some. Not every ones going to agree with you. Car = score. Rims = fail.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thanks Frank. Personally they normally wouldnt be my cup of tea , but when your actually looking at the car not in a picture they look pretty good on it. Plus the whole thing with the car is to have something different from the norm. I like EL GT wheels , GTP and Typhoon copies but there are just a lot of them out there on E series and I want to be different.
Originally I did want 15x7 and 15x8 globes with 265/50 15 on the back and the 225/60 15 on the front for a different look. Just didnt do it once I found out the rims had to be ordered and cast and that there is not a huge supply of 15" tyres int he sizes I wanted now days.

Added bonus is if the rims I got are so ugly and tasteless well noone will steal them!

xr6turnip wrote:

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

krisisdog wrote:
EVL098 wrote:
I like the rims and despise turbo blades. They are a little bit too hectic and fully sick for me.

Your calling turboblades hectic and fully sick? You bought 17" chromies FFS. :roll:

You asked for comments, your getting some. Not every ones going to agree with you. Car = score. Rims = fail.

Well I broke even then hey.

I think once its lowered and has a few things done to it it will work out ok.

xr6turnip wrote:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 7  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next