Fordmods Logo

My 93 Eb S pack, no longer.. 

 

Page 8 of 9 [ 131 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: My 93 Eb S pack, clutch research time!
Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:19 am 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 266

Joined: 14th Feb 2006

Ride: Mitsubishi TE Magna

Location: Beaufort
VIC, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
89S-PACK wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
89S-PACK wrote:
oh and started to have a look on how hard its going to be to fit cruise control in mine and what i'd need to modify to suit the manual.
fairly straight forward.. just ran out of time and the cbf's



if ya looking at the factory setup for EA/EB i can help ya coz me EB here has both fitted ie manual & cruise

yeah staying with the ea -ed setup mate..
cannot be bothered trying to get ef onwards to work. as the car wont be going to ef onwards dash.

some pictures of the cruise cancel for the clutch and brakes would be nice if you can mate.
as i had cruise in the ghia that was manual, but i never had gotten around to working out how to setup the cancel for the clutch too.
just tapped the brakes to cancel it, as it was ever only used on the freeway.

i couldnt think much being is different, apart a t peice under the dash and 2 plugs for cruise instead of one?
as i have the stuff to do it anyways. still in the ltd lol and lucky for me my current pedalbox has the provisions to mount cruise :)
and i'm sure i have a few spare actuators and mounting collars too



89S-PACK wrote:
pretty much.. irrc control module is located under the centre console in eb onwards.
ea iirc is bolted to the pedal box but i have never owned a ea with cruise.



the EB has the control [believe its the cruise?] under the console. shall get around to the pics for ya soon[ish lol] of the EB ... do ya want the EA as well? [have the ghia wagoon left]

yeah i wouldn't mind some pictures on how the brake and clutch cancel works, connected. if its no trouble.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My 93 Eb S pack, clutch research time!
Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:40 am 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 266

Joined: 14th Feb 2006

Ride: Mitsubishi TE Magna

Location: Beaufort
VIC, Australia

EF_wanabe wrote:
p.s did you change gear ratios while switching diffs ? if so any difference noticed ?

cruise wise.. might be best to go eb onwards as they are more common.
but iirc the switches are the same

diff ratio's.. nope didnt change them as they were both 3.27
i have no interest going 3.45's as with the ratio's the ea t5 has, its well matched in my opinion.
and i still get decent economy, which is a plus considering i do alot of highway k's at times.

also drove a mates manual ed with 3.45's and it wasn't inspiring enough to seek one out then, when my original diff in the eb ghia died.

this being said i have done about 450k's so far on this tank of lpg. mixed cycle
so that entails - city suburban, freeway, country freeway, and a little spirited driving to see it the lsd still locks like i remember it does :D

no idea how low the lpg tank is, as i have no guage wired in atm lol :oops: . gotta rectify that when i find the loom i made to utilise the dash guage.
that being said untuned at the moment, i'm not expecting miracles.
tune will be done when funds are available. its set slightly rich at the moment to compensate

on a side note.. finally took the mudflaps off :cry: gotta watch the sills now on dirt roads
i scrape to the point on my driveway where i had done damage to the front guard of the mudflap trying to flex.
and i go down it slowly and angled..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My 93 Eb S pack, fun and games..
Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:44 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

ahh ya there would not have been much of a difference between the two diffs not even a noticeable difference

what would you pick if you could chose any ratio ?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My 93 Eb S pack, fun and games..
Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:41 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 266

Joined: 14th Feb 2006

Ride: Mitsubishi TE Magna

Location: Beaufort
VIC, Australia

EF_wanabe wrote:
ahh ya there would not have been much of a difference between the two diffs not even a noticeable difference

what would you pick if you could chose any ratio ?

pretty much..

i'd actually stay the same ratio. as like i've said in the past i do a bit of highway driving.
with the motor spinnng over slower than say 3.45's or 3.9's it is decent on fuel.
also with the sports exhaust fitted it doesnt drone badly.

i did have a el t5 with the 2.92 for a while and it didnt feel as well matched.
the el box was only a short lived experience as i grenaded the box behind the au motor, (na) au s3 egas motor.

not fun when you have chunks of layshaft in the bottom from 2nd and 3rd.
oh was fun whilst it lasted showing off what a s**t eb can do :twisted:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My 93 Eb S pack, fun and games..
Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:50 am 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 266

Joined: 14th Feb 2006

Ride: Mitsubishi TE Magna

Location: Beaufort
VIC, Australia

oh will it just end???

now its looking like the lpg tank needs to be changed out.
the afl (auto fill limiter) is not working, been able to over fill the tank 4 times in a row at different servo's bowsers etc

i'm speaking in regards a 83litre water capacity tank. can only fill to 80% of it for safety reasons and expansion. been able to put anywhere between 67 to 77 litres in it, from dead empty.
its now empty again.. and i'll be trying not to use the lpg till i get it rectified or max fill 30 ish litres from empty if i must

the fuel guage has stopped working before i swapped the wiring over anyways, hence why i wasnt fussed about the lack of a guage at the moment..

photo's of the current sprint tank will be posted later.

anyone got any suggestions of lpg mechanics in eastern melbourne i could have a chat to to suss out the problem?
as if i need to spend money retesting the tank to fix it.. i have a indate tank that everything works at the olds thats actually full that i can swap and get the lines reconnected
current tank has 4 1\2 years left on it btw.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My 93 Eb S pack, fun and games..
Posted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:52 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 266

Joined: 14th Feb 2006

Ride: Mitsubishi TE Magna

Location: Beaufort
VIC, Australia

some pictures of the tank..

Image

Image

Image
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My 93 Eb S pack, fun and games..
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:27 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

89S-PACK wrote:
oh will it just end???

now its looking like the lpg tank needs to be changed out.
the afl (auto fill limiter) is not working, been able to over fill the tank 4 times in a row at different servo's bowsers etc

i'm speaking in regards a 83litre water capacity tank. can only fill to 80% of it for safety reasons and expansion. been able to put anywhere between 67 to 77 litres in it, from dead empty.
its now empty again.. and i'll be trying not to use the lpg till i get it rectified or max fill 30 ish litres from empty if i must

the fuel guage has stopped working before i swapped the wiring over anyways, hence why i wasnt fussed about the lack of a guage at the moment..

photo's of the current sprint tank will be posted later.

anyone got any suggestions of lpg mechanics in eastern melbourne i could have a chat to to suss out the problem?
as if i need to spend money retesting the tank to fix it.. i have a indate tank that everything works at the olds thats actually full that i can swap and get the lines reconnected
current tank has 4 1\2 years left on it btw.



I have heard stories regarding people modifying the auto fill limiter to cram anther 5-10L in when filling up , crazy i know but i guess if you do not have a completely full tank on a 30C+ day you shall be fine
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My 93 Eb S pack, fun and games..
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:45 am 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 266

Joined: 14th Feb 2006

Ride: Mitsubishi TE Magna

Location: Beaufort
VIC, Australia

EF_wanabe wrote:
I have heard stories regarding people modifying the auto fill limiter to cram anther 5-10L in when filling up , crazy i know but i guess if you do not have a completely full tank on a 30C+ day you shall be fine

same here but that isnt something i'd do..
as the afl exists for a reason

it will be rectified asap as last thing i need is for it to explode and either kill me or my freinds\family
as said before the guage on the tank is not working too, so i have no idea how full i can go etc

easier to just drive on petrol if need be if i cant be bothered walking to the shops
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My 93 Eb S pack, fun and games..
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:39 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 1114

Joined: 18th Oct 2006

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

89S-PACK wrote:
EF_wanabe wrote:
I have heard stories regarding people modifying the auto fill limiter to cram anther 5-10L in when filling up , crazy i know but i guess if you do not have a completely full tank on a 30C+ day you shall be fine

same here but that isnt something i'd do..
as the afl exists for a reason

it will be rectified asap as last thing i need is for it to explode and either kill me or my freinds\family
as said before the guage on the tank is not working too, so i have no idea how full i can go etc

easier to just drive on petrol if need be if i cant be bothered walking to the shops


does it work at all all the gauge ? i had a similar issue only read when it was full it got "better" after a few full fills probably more of a placebo thing though

Just re read your post and read how you have a feeling and know the AFL isn't working , alot of average joe people would not have noticed and kept driving etc till it blew but i know this sounds like a long shot ,

I had something similar happen where like you i believe,I managed to it was 80L into a tickford gas factory gas tank maybe more then 1 servo's are over counting the litres of gas could be possible ?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My 93 Eb S pack, fun and games..
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:17 am 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 266

Joined: 14th Feb 2006

Ride: Mitsubishi TE Magna

Location: Beaufort
VIC, Australia

EF_wanabe wrote:
89S-PACK wrote:
EF_wanabe wrote:
I have heard stories regarding people modifying the auto fill limiter to cram anther 5-10L in when filling up , crazy i know but i guess if you do not have a completely full tank on a 30C+ day you shall be fine

same here but that isnt something i'd do..
as the afl exists for a reason

it will be rectified asap as last thing i need is for it to explode and either kill me or my freinds\family
as said before the guage on the tank is not working too, so i have no idea how full i can go etc

easier to just drive on petrol if need be if i cant be bothered walking to the shops


does it work at all all the gauge ? i had a similar issue only read when it was full it got "better" after a few full fills probably more of a placebo thing though

Just re read your post and read how you have a feeling and know the AFL isn't working , alot of average joe people would not have noticed and kept driving etc till it blew but i know this sounds like a long shot ,

I had something similar happen where like you i believe,I managed to it was 80L into a tickford gas factory gas tank maybe more then 1 servo's are over counting the litres of gas could be possible ?

used to.. as it was rather intermittent with the old wiring kit too. hence why i wasnt too fussed wiring it back in for now.
as i knew something was up. but wasnt aware it was so drastic

each fill has been different servo's,
2 7-11's,
1 shell, 2 caltex's.

doesnt matter where i go as i buy it when i need it.. and the servo's are at times a fair distance from the last one i went to

only place i refuse to go is bp.. vile crap there
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My 93 Eb S pack, fun and games..
Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:47 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 266

Joined: 14th Feb 2006

Ride: Mitsubishi TE Magna

Location: Beaufort
VIC, Australia

well got some answers on how much and how hard it will be to rectify the problem with the tank..
been quoted about $260 - $300 in parts alone.
tank needs to be removed and it needs to be retested after repairs. bugger

so my other tank from my old ghia will be retested. $100 - $150 to get tested, and a 6 pack to get the lines hooked up :)
as i'll swap the tanks over myself..

and i get to use the setup i'd made to use the dash guage on lpg. couldnt get the correct ohm's range sender for the sprint tank anyways


other than that.
my sisters nf is keeping me busy. turns out that, it has lunched the auto :cry:
was serviced 20 thou ago and its slipping.
oil is burnt and the colour of coca cola.. lucky i have that au auto still then i suppose.

just the fun of helping to swap box's and flushing out the trans cooler lines etc.
and getting it somewhere it can be worked on.
as you can imagine it isnt being driven far if it can be helped. or it will be made to drag its sorry a*** to mum and dads, where the box swap can also be done (likely)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My 93 Eb S pack, fun and games..
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:58 am 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 266

Joined: 14th Feb 2006

Ride: Mitsubishi TE Magna

Location: Beaufort
VIC, Australia

an update if anyone cares..

lpg tank has been swapped for a in-date unit now.
was going to get my apa tank from the ghia tested, but a mate was getting rid of his apa tank from a wreck.

all it cost was a pack of smokes :D and was just over half full :D ,so a decent score there :)
so soon i'll have the wire and relays to make a start on getting the fuel guage to work with lpg again.

other than that.. cruise control is now fitted :)
turns out all my wiring for it in the dash column etc was all there.

plug the modules in and run the vac lines for it.
and swap the steering wheels over. and it all works as it should.
its now weird getting used to cruise control in a manual e series as its been a fair while that i've had a manual car with cruise control.

i only have the brake cancel hooked up at the moment. as i couldnt find my spare bits to splice into the brake cancel for the clutch.
so to come off cruise. i have to tap the brakes or press the coast button first.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My 93 Eb S pack, fun and games..
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:04 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 266

Joined: 14th Feb 2006

Ride: Mitsubishi TE Magna

Location: Beaufort
VIC, Australia

also would anyone know how to remove the glue from the drivers door wind deflector?

i'm going to be removing mine as its sun damaged and goes a opaque colour in twilight or in the rain. which is downright annoying and unsafe really.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My 93 Eb S pack, fun and games..
Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:46 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 266

Joined: 14th Feb 2006

Ride: Mitsubishi TE Magna

Location: Beaufort
VIC, Australia

well time for some pictures..

spot the difference in tanks..
Image
old setup on tank that wasnt working..

now what i'm using..
yet to wire in a guage though lol
Image

cruise wise.. works a treat. i'll put up pics if wanted..

but i finally pulled apart the omvl that was failing.
needless to say the lpg places that told me the wax buildup stain was nothing. even being told i could smell lpg at times.
so glad i pulled it off now though, but i know where not to go when i get the lpg tune seen to.

most of the screws werent overly tight, and i figured out why i could smell lpg :?
this side was clean.. but being the vac part of the 2nd half i wasnt expecting lots.
Image

now this made me s**t myself..
pretty obvious that the diaphram had failed and was leaking.. :shock:
maybe its a good thing i dont smoke?

Image

Image
explains to a point why my economy was sucking a little when i ran it on lpg?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: My 93 Eb S pack, fun and games..
Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 22

Posts: 696

Joined: 10th Oct 2012

Ride: 5 speed XG ute

Location: Adelaide Hills
SA, Australia

*lifts bonnet and starts inspecting motor, lights cigarette in frustration*
BOOM!

 

_________________

Yep, I don't know what to write here...

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 8 of 9  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:08 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names