Fordmods Logo

My 93 Eb S pack, no longer.. 

Page 3 of 9 [ 131 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Post subject: Re: My 93 Eb S pack, getting closer!
Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: XG

VIC, Australia

Yeah upullit have 6 gauge clusters there for cheap so I may pick up one soon, some seem to have the km gauge still working also (every older series there was in the 300,000km+ range), and I can return it for another if it doesn't work etc, going to be picking up a few parts for me au engine conversion from there too.

if it isnt the cluster, going to replace the fuel pump and filter anyways shortly after the swap, has then I will know its all new, fuel pump connections are good already check, just gotta wait though, the engine has coolant leak from the side of the head so hoping it will last till then lol.

XG Ute - 3 Seater - Auto - Dual Fuel

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I have an EA cluster that was modded to include smartlock. Currently has 230odd thousand k's. Would be looking at 30 plus postage. If you ar interested that is.

Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:28 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Mitsubishi TE Magna

VIC, Australia

oze-ford wrote:
Yeah upullit have 6 gauge clusters there for cheap so I may pick up one soon, some seem to have the km gauge still working also (every older series there was in the 300,000km+ range), and I can return it for another if it doesn't work etc, going to be picking up a few parts for me au engine conversion from there too.

if it isnt the cluster, going to replace the fuel pump and filter anyways shortly after the swap, has then I will know its all new, fuel pump connections are good already check, just gotta wait though, the engine has coolant leak from the side of the head so hoping it will last till then lol.

sounds like you have a plan sorted for how you want to acheive fixing your gremlins..
hope it goes to plan as i know how frustrating it can be finding issues. fixing one and 3 pop up
i have gotten to the point with cars i chuck the diagnostics tool on it to see whats broken.
or if its lpg related i have one lpg guy i trust..

i also have a spare sports cluster.. but i wont be selling it, as i know how hard they can be to get in good condition

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:30 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

TerroristGHIA wrote:
I have an EA cluster that was modded to include smartlock. Currently has 230odd thousand k's. Would be looking at 30 plus postage. If you ar interested that is.

Brett

hmm how hard is it to do? as i may have to do simular as my eb ghia\ea s-pack were pre smartlock where the eb s-pack is dumblock to my dismay

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: XG

VIC, Australia

TerroristGHIA wrote:

Brett

PM sent :)

89S-PACK wrote:
oze-ford wrote:

sounds like you have a plan sorted for how you want to acheive fixing your gremlins..
hope it goes to plan as i know how frustrating it can be finding issues. fixing one and 3 pop up
i have gotten to the point with cars i chuck the diagnostics tool on it to see whats broken.
or if its lpg related i have one lpg guy i trust..

i also have a spare sports cluster.. but i wont be selling it, as i know how hard they can be to get in good condition

Yeah even though they bug me, gives me a reason to play with it etc, just wish I had a job to get better stuff for it quicker..(but then would have no time to install it lol), also dont need to worry about LPG, misses doesn't like it so cant go there etc.

Also yeah defiantly hold on to it man, they are becoming antics now :P....makes me feel old knowing I'm older then my car :P.

XG Ute - 3 Seater - Auto - Dual Fuel

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:37 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

but back on topic...

i wont be geting anything done till after labour day long weekend here in victoria.
i seem to have drawn the short straw yet again.. and got rostered on
oh well money to go towards rego i suppose.. and paying the insurance on the magna.
yeah i timed that well
both policys close to each other and the rego's by the looks of it :(

it wont be a issue soon anyways if the additude i cop at work doesnt change..
in a nutshell just too many cheifs and not enough idiots and i'm one of the idiots..

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:49 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

oze-ford wrote:
Yeah even though they bug me, gives me a reason to play with it etc, just wish I had a job to get better stuff for it quicker..(but then would have no time to install it lol), also dont need to worry about LPG, misses doesn't like it so cant go there etc.

Also yeah defiantly hold on to it man, they are becoming antics now :P....makes me feel old knowing I'm older then my car :P.

its a 2 edged sword isnt it? i'm a permnament casual and i barely have time to do anything to the daily either.
money is nice.. but i only work because i choose to.
as i was born with a few medical issues which restricts me from working full time

i plan to mate.. as it's the only thing left from the ghia i have.
and that car was my baby but when it got replaced alot of the gear was sold off or given away as it didnt suit the ltd.

lpg has its merits etc but can be tricky fault finding etc. most just dont like the lack of boot space etc

lol i'm older than mine by a fair bit.. my first car that i had on my p's was 4 years older than me.
and i got my p's the week after my 18th. the joys of stuff closing up for the nye break

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:06 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

well this will be seeing rego after the 1st of april..
after a few events of the last few weeks. i've made a few changes.

long story short..
the daily was off the road and i went out for a road test after doing a ecu swap and lost it on a slick roundabout.
the auto was losing drive in all gears and thumping back into gear and it did this mid intersection in the wet and i gutterslapped the magna. as it basically d-bomb'd itself and torque steered
it also comes down to driver error too, i'm not denying this.

i have bent the lca rather well. i'm unable to see the full extent of the damage till its on chassis stands to see if i didnt crack the k frame either. alloy in the magna
suspension strut maybe survived, but i doubt it
only issue is my jack and stands are at my parents 170k's away

all in all its a expensive job to fix particularly when its looking like the auto itself is f**k.
355000 k's it used to tow a caravan and the auto hasn't been a happy camper for a while since run low on atf as the auto place didn't bother to fix a oil leak i asked them to

so i'm parking it, assessing it later. and fix on the cheap to sell on unregistered

i'm having a few other issues atm health wise.. and the stress from work wasn't helping. so i'll be finishing up at the start of april.
i'll be looking for work after i get a few issues sorted, and a car again.

as the saying goes.. look after number one first.
its time i started doing so.

but some pictures i suppose!
a little only on the piss?

nice kink..

that should be straight

remains of the front bush..
i need to remove the lca to see if the alloy k frame survived

lucky i was able to get a trailer and my mate has a towbar!

Posted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:13 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

the pictures don't really show much but when moved the swaybar is touching the cv shaft and doesnt sound that great

as i wasnt too bothered winching it on the trailer i drove it on. with a mate and my sister giving it a push and it isn't steering very straight as you'd expect
i took the mag off as i popped the tyre off the bead and it was going down. hence the spare fitted the 15 inch is rubbing rather noticeably on the wheel arch
so i did it well

Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:53 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

well nothing on the eb as of yet..
but i towed my magna to my parents last night.. so after i'd been at work and all lol.
made it a loong day indeed

my sisters car coped but i wouldn't do it often.
450k's to just shy over a 3\4 tank considering i was limited to 80-90 k's up some decent hills
we got the exhaust manifold rather cherry hot. but it was drinking fuel like a fish :(

way back empty we were sitting on the 15.1 mark. so it knew it was loaded, but the home trip we were going downhill too

so untill i finish up at work i've been driving a 95 nf fairlane ghia.
nice car. but i prefer the eb over it.

some pictures this time..
got it upto 65.1 later on too
it was not happy with 3 tonne on its a***, but it did it without breaking anything.
unlike my ltd

couldn't have it any further back as the doors hit the clearance lamps if so
also shows how far back the tyre is too. trying to steer it on straight was a bastard of a task, as we were getting the front on the trailer and shifting the lh ramp so it was in line with the rear tyre

my sister likes how low it was sitting.. i wonder if she'd need sl's or lows?

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:10 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: BF Fairlane Ghia, BA XR8 Ute

VIC, Australia

I Finally managed to get off my a*** and track this thread down :P, being told the progress getting made is a lot different to seeing the pics!,It's coming up great man, can't wait to see it on the road!.

The Luxo Cruiser - 07 BF Fairlane
Silhouette,Pedders CoilOvers, Whiteline Adjustable Swaybars, BluePower Tune and Airbox, DiFillipo Headers and Cat with Catback, FPV Brake Upgrade, G6ET Wheels

The New daily/Toy - 2004 BA XR8 Ute
Mercury Silver, 5 Speed Manual, a factory Blownup Boss 260 :P

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:24 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

KyleBardell wrote:
I Finally managed to get off my a*** and track this thread down :P, being told the progress getting made is a lot different to seeing the pics!,It's coming up great man, can't wait to see it on the road!.

thanks mate.. i can't wait to be able to have a registered car again.

there will be a few more pictures next week along with a rwc

i found a grill in the same colour, so the ed grill is going into the bin.
also got my hands on a fairmont centre console to get past rwc as my ltd one has broken rear mounts.

and lastly got my hands on another serp belt so i can pull off the one thats been modified to accomodate the eb a\c compressor that was fitted.
past owner cut a rib off to fit

Post subject: Re: My 93 Eb S pack, PROGRESS!
Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:25 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

89S-PACK wrote:
so the list is shrinking before it goes in for a roady..

to do list after bushes and the interior bits complete.
- refit centre console and switches
- get good tyres fitted to the 2 rear s pack alloys as mine are borderline
- replace rocker cover gasket as mine is leaking (damn you crappy ef design!)
- refit guard indicators
- swap front indicators for the new ones that came with the car
- get rid of the stale fuel
- oh and replace the boot struts with the ones out of the ghia wreck as mine are stuffed

so in effect not much
well untill the inspector gives me a please fix list

well i'm finally getting stuck into this.. needs must
as its booked in for a rwc on friday.. having no car for month makes you get off your a*** and do something about it lol

nearly done the drivers side suspension today after making a late start.
so the suspension side of things is nearly complete.

got a rocker cover gasket to fix my leaky one though. oh fun fun fun :?

also sourced another centre console and electric window switches too :)
but the eb grill i got to replace the crap ed one... wont fit as i wasnt aware the bonnets are different between eb and ed, so i'm stuck with it till i either swap bonnets or gut the ed one.
does it show i dislike ed grills?

so tomorrow i'll have the suspension back in. and the front windows converted over to electric.
and after take it for a drive as i now have a permit to drive it now :)

thursday is just the joys of giving it a wash and finishing any little things i need to do prior to rwc

Post subject: Re: My 93 Eb S pack, RWC FRIDAY!
Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:45 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

where i'm upto before it got too dark to be pissing about outside.

all thats left is stub axel, upper control arm, camber kit and refit the brakes.

shattered.. ford why change stuff like this?

soo wanted to make it fit too. as it wasnt easy to find a eb grill in e9!

Post subject: Re: My 93 Eb S pack, PROGRESS!
Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:01 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

89S-PACK wrote:

and lastly found a issue that was easy to fix. kept popping tailight fuses.
but all it was i hadnt bolted down the earth and the added resistance was killing fuses. bolt it down. problem gone

oh before i forget.. had to revisit the joys of blowing fuses..
turns out i do have the wiring there under the dash for cruise control (yet to check the engine bay though.

and what the actual issue was i'd plugged the brake switch into the wrong plug! dunno why they are the same, as i doubt i'm the first to do it.
so plugged in. it stopped popping fuses instantly

as it would all work till i touched the brake pedal. so now its rectified for good i bloody hope!
just got to put all the trims back together now as i was pulling the car apart in anticipation to have to remove the dash again.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 9  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next