Fordmods Logo

My 93 Eb S pack, no longer.. 

Page 7 of 9 [ 131 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post subject: Re: My 93 Eb S pack, fun and games..
Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:18 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

89S-PACK wrote:
[
no worries.. i should get some anyways to show others my way of repairing a bad crack. as dad did the welding.

yeah i prob shulda taken sum pics of hers too .... had the peddle box in the vice whacken the craps outa it :shock: then gettin a plate ta match the box :roll:

Post subject: Re: My 93 Eb S pack, clutch research time!
Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:07 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: Mitsubishi TE Magna

VIC, Australia

89S-PACK wrote:
EF_wanabe wrote:
Looking awesome have cheeked this car out before but taken anther look now with all the work looks awesome :)

Anything else on the list to do ?

thanks micheal. 8-)

only things on the to do list.. in no particular order really
replace the clutch.. but thats happening after next pay.

tint the window's (i'm only going to go 35%)
fit the impco lpg bits and loom. (B2 converter and a 225 mixer)
fit the trip computer out of the ltd.
fit cruise control
get my extractors repaired and fit those too :twisted:
re spray the front of the car to get rid of the stone chips. and to be able to remove the rotten ed bonnet

make a start freshening up the windsor. and find a manual conversion for that too
always has been part of the plans to make the S pack a v8.

oh and lower it when the v8 goes in, as i only have springs to suit a v8.

well the list is startng to shrink again..
hasnt missed a beat and atm its looking like i'd have done the run in k's for the clutch too :D by the start of next week. since last friday i have already done 700k's
the fuel economy has improved. from 15ish litres to the 100, down to 9-10 litres to the 100k's
its obvious it was slipping badly now

steering is working now without issues. (thank f*CK)

code reader isn't picking up any error codes on the koeo and koer tests. so my overfulling on petrol seems to be coming down to a leaking injector.
oh well it can wait for a new set, as my lpg kit turns the pump off anyways.

also made a start by getting the lsd out of the ltd today, weather turned nasty. so i've left the task of fitting it into the eb as a job to do next week as i didnt fancy playing in the open in the rain if i didnt need to

grabbed my lpg gear to swap it over when i swap the coolant lines etc under the manifold also.

oh and started to have a look on how hard its going to be to fit cruise control in mine and what i'd need to modify to suit the manual.
fairly straight forward.. just ran out of time and the cbf's

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:41 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

89S-PACK wrote:
oh and started to have a look on how hard its going to be to fit cruise control in mine and what i'd need to modify to suit the manual.

if ya looking at the factory setup for EA/EB i can help ya coz me EB here has both fitted ie manual & cruise

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:31 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
89S-PACK wrote:

if ya looking at the factory setup for EA/EB i can help ya coz me EB here has both fitted ie manual & cruise

yeah staying with the ea -ed setup mate..
cannot be bothered trying to get ef onwards to work. as the car wont be going to ef onwards dash.

some pictures of the cruise cancel for the clutch and brakes would be nice if you can mate.
as i had cruise in the ghia that was manual, but i never had gotten around to working out how to setup the cancel for the clutch too.
just tapped the brakes to cancel it, as it was ever only used on the freeway.

i couldnt think much being is different, apart a t peice under the dash and 2 plugs for cruise instead of one?
as i have the stuff to do it anyways. still in the ltd lol and lucky for me my current pedalbox has the provisions to mount cruise :)
and i'm sure i have a few spare actuators and mounting collars too

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:01 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

the wheels in mods are still slowly turning..

a working trip computer is now fitted and working.
seems to be reading around correct. and now it beeps when i leave my lights on too. nearly come 2nd best a few times doing that trick

took this up to aff nats (heathcote) just to spectate..
had a ball watching but wished my diff isnt dying so i could have a go. but my mate kyle came 2nd in his class so i was basically taking photos for him.

on the way back to melbourne, my passenger commented he could smell lpg. looked at it and the smell had disapeared. then was intermittently running rough.

so i took it apon myself to remove the omvl setup for in favour my b2 and impco 225.
which necessitated me having to swap lpg looms as the sprint ecu wouldnt have a bar of trying to run the bigger components.
to find the converter i used was the stuffed one! oh well i had a spare.

swapped the lpg looms over too at the olds as i had to go up there anyways for other things.
wasnt exactly fun, but i figured out why it was running intermittently very average on petrol. helps if the oxy sensor intercept was wired in correctly

meh all fixed mow and the setup that is now fitted works better and it goes better too

some pictures..
much tidier than before :)

why hello there impco 225 mixer.. what restrictive mixer now?

the rats nest i was greeted with :( for the sprint system

i'll have a picture of my efforts tomorrow

oh and something oddball with the omvl setup. found something disturbing.
the converter had actually been rubbing on the fuel regulator :| and i'm lucky i pulled it out as it was nearly through to the grub screw at the end (blanking plug)
it is a good system.. i liked it, just not overly well thought out with placement of components under the bonnet

an idea of clearance. getting to the tuning screws was a royal pita too

and one with the omvl removed
you can tell where it was rubbing but the camera cant pick it up but the alloy appears to have a hairline crack in the same area too. so the converter will be dismantled and thrown out.

diff wise.. due to running out of time due to other commitments its been put on the backburner for a couple of weeks. so if i need to go anywhere the car wont be used much if i can help it.
lucky i live in town and everything is walking distance away if need be

Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

quite the skilled man doing a converter change via looms etc

So you have got a spare diff the LSD to go in ? do it install it asap you know you want to ,

Just curious , Cruise control from EA-ED are all the same right ?

Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:50 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

EF_wanabe wrote:

as far as i know they are - EA/EB def are

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
EF_wanabe wrote:

Awesome pick a part it is.... So a vacuum line a box and a cable to the tb and a couple little wires and that is it ??

Also to the op you're friend who came second was that in a box car ?

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:08 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

EF_wanabe wrote:
quite the skilled man doing a converter change via looms etc

So you have got a spare diff the LSD to go in ? do it install it asap you know you want to ,

yeah maybe.. but it helps if your mechanically minded and willing to do your own electrical work.

just done it a few times and got the info from a few people before i touched it in the early days.
wiring wise its easy enough if you can follow a wiring diagram and feel comfortable wiring stuff in.

the fuel side is tricky, but hence this eb isnt the first car i've messed with. so i have a little knowledge on it.
but its fair easy to f**k up, so i leave the high pressure side to the pro's.

in all honesty the lpg stuff was going to be upgraded later this year, but the present situation made me fix it asap as i can justify a $45 fill against $100 fill on petrol.

diff wse
yes.. it sometimes doesnt limit slip that well but its heaps better than the current diff.
the one in the car i get nearly half a turn out of the pinion shaft before the axels turn :?

it was going to be swapped last week but the lpg was a more pressing matter.
yes i want it done asap..
just need good weather, and hopefully sort out some help to get the replacement diff in and brakes bled.

cruise.. afaik yes.
havent gotten around to it as of yet as its ranked fairly low in what's important at the moment.
even doing the return drive to heathcote i didnt miss it.

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:13 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

EF_wanabe wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
EF_wanabe wrote:

Awesome pick a part it is.... So a vacuum line a box and a cable to the tb and a couple little wires and that is it ??

hmm looms to suit, vac pump, hoses, module for the cruise, switches..
if the car has fairmont looms. the job is easier.

the cruise control setup on these runs independant of the vacuum system of the motor. it takes its information whether to floor it or not, by having signal wires to a few things.

nah my mate was driving his 08 bf fairlane.. it's best time was 14.5 sec's down the quarter

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

89S-PACK wrote:
EF_wanabe wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
EF_wanabe wrote:

the cruise control setup on these runs independant of the vacuum system of the motor. it takes its information whether to floor it or not, by having signal wires to a few things.

nah my mate was driving his 08 bf fairlane.. it's best time was 14.5 sec's down the quarter

Ahh ok , so regarding the loom is it just to the module to tell it what to do just half a dozen wires ,

Should be quite easy had a feeling they run on the vacuum to know whether to floor it etc cheers for that

Also how would you rate the box car cruise control system to other cars ?

Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:59 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

EF_wanabe wrote:
89S-PACK wrote:
EF_wanabe wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
EF_wanabe wrote:

Ahh ok , so regarding the loom is it just to the module to tell it what to do just half a dozen wires ,

Should be quite easy had a feeling they run on the vacuum to know whether to floor it etc cheers for that

Also how would you rate the box car cruise control system to other cars ?

pretty much.. irrc control module is located under the centre console in eb onwards.
ea iirc is bolted to the pedal box but i have never owned a ea with cruise.

hmm i barely drive my sisters nf or dads el so.. it works just as well i think. but the only gremlin is i cant get comfortable in a ef onwards due to lack of room.
being tall has its disavantages.

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:39 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

well the diff is swapped finally,

ended up getting dad to give me a hand to line it up and get the ltd diff on the jack, and in..

the backlash in the old diff is nasty. as it had gone quiet for some reason.
but had tightened up again. move the pinion forward and back and it rung like a bell. so i can safely say its rooted.

next trip i'm there i'll pull the back cover off and investigate on what is broken\worn.
hell might make it into a cig locker for some fun in the ltd on the concrete perhaps?

car travels so much nicer now and its quieter than before.
only thing i'll need to rectify soonish is replace the back shocks, and do the uni joints for my own peice of mind.

also bled the brakes as i had to and after seeing the colour green that came out, i opted to just flush the whole system.

this time no pictures..
as you know its cold outside when, your smartphone refuses to take photos

so pretty much the list is shrinking, and later this year i'll pull the motor out of the ltd and send that to scrap. and make a start as funds permit to freshen up the windsor.
oh and find a manual conversion, even if its using a crs kit using a supra box

Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:12 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

89S-PACK wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
89S-PACK wrote:

cannot be bothered trying to get ef onwards to work. as the car wont be going to ef onwards dash.

some pictures of the cruise cancel for the clutch and brakes would be nice if you can mate.
as i had cruise in the ghia that was manual, but i never had gotten around to working out how to setup the cancel for the clutch too.

i couldnt think much being is different, apart a t peice under the dash and 2 plugs for cruise instead of one?
as i have the stuff to do it anyways. still in the ltd lol and lucky for me my current pedalbox has the provisions to mount cruise :)

89S-PACK wrote:
pretty much.. irrc control module is located under the centre console in eb onwards.

the EB has the control [believe its the cruise?] under the console. shall get around to the pics for ya soon[ish lol] of the EB ... do ya want the EA as well? [have the ghia wagoon left]

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
89S-PACK wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
89S-PACK wrote:

89S-PACK wrote:

the EB has the control [believe its the cruise?] under the console. shall get around to the pics for ya soon[ish lol] of the EB ... do ya want the EA as well? [have the ghia wagoon left]

I am quite lazy so i might just get a cruise system from EB on wards as mentioned its under the centre console :)

p.s did you change gear ratios while switching diffs ? if so any difference noticed ?

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 9  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next