MY BA Falcon Build 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: MY BA Falcon Build
Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:40 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2004 Ford Falcon XT

NSW, Australia

Hey everyone this is my first ever build thread so please bear with me, I bought my ba falcon On 21/8/11 this is what it looked like all stock. Its a 2004 BA MKII Falcon XT, sports auto but with black interior :D (rather than beige)

Between the 21/8 and now 7/01/12 i have done the following

Removed the Falcon and XT badges from rear, idea given from countless builds already on website.
Removed my mudflaps for a sleaker look.
I put in my Soundsystem like any other typical p-plater. Pioneer headunit with Ipod connectivity, Fascia kit to fit it in. I Got 6.5" Sony 4ways in the front doors, Sony 4way 6x9s in the rear(soon to actually bolt them in, currently in a box)
2 amps a Pioneer 650W RMS 2 ch for my 12" 1300w Sony sub and a 700w Fusion 4ch for my speakers.(pictures coming soon)
I also removed towbar as I don't tow anything.
I got some 20" rims of my dads BA XT wagon for a mates rate of only $250+ my old wheels yesterday 6/1

plans are to get my exhaust done this thursday, Hurricane Extractors, 2 1/2 redback full sports exhaust system w/ hi fow cats, pretty expensive i thought but I really want it done, $1100 was the quote.
And hoping for SL Springs for the rear, to bring the a** down abit and regular Ls on the front and painting the door stripe the same colour as the body

2004 BA Falcon:4 spd auto 2.5" Redback sports exhaust, 1 muffler, hi-flow cat & Hurricane extractors, CSA 17" alloys, K&N panel filter, XR6T snorkel...more coming soon
check my build thread http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/my-ba-falcon-build-t111061.html

Last edited by ben99 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: MY BA Falcon Build
Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:47 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR6

VIC, Australia

looking good buddy :) a bf mk1 front bar and some chrome trims would come up awesome on this!

EL XR6 first car: fresh respray, tickford kit, debadged, 19in silver agents, SSL's.
Build thread: the-garage-f53/my-first-car-el-xr6-respray-and-kitted-soon-t109269.html

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

thanks for the input, i checked out the bf1 bars and am thinking about getting one fitted. cheers

2004 BA Falcon:4 spd auto 2.5" Redback sports exhaust, 1 muffler, hi-flow cat & Hurricane extractors, CSA 17" alloys, K&N panel filter, XR6T snorkel...more coming soon
check my build thread http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/my-ba-falcon-build-t111061.html

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:45 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: NL Fairlane

QLD, Australia

Looking good buddy! Look forward to watching the build as you progress... :)

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:22 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

okay, got exhaust done today as planned and am quite pleased with the result.

Shes a growler :wink:

Last edited by ben99 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:25 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

So i'm not really feeling the rims, 20s are just way to big for where i live and have ordered some 17" CSA Raker rims, i think they are alot more my style. Will keep posted when i get them.

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

yeah 20's aren't half as fun to drive as they look....

Theres a reason v8 supercars still only run 17's afaik. There is no benifit in anything bigger, only looks and train like handling (not the good 'on rails' kind either) oh and expensive tyres.

Lookin good though.

Fairmont chrome bits are getting cheaper. i.e: rear number plate garnish thing, bonnet, side molds etc. Just don't do the mirror scalps untill everything else is done though. I don't go much on xt's with bolt on chrome wings, though that's me but it's your car!

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:00 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Ok got new rims from my local tyre man CSA Rakers there just a simple 5 spoke design but i love them.

Last edited by ben99 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:39 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Ok just bought a K&N panel filter so the engine is breathing a tad bit better, but should be getting a CAI next, i'm thinking of a SS inductions big mouth, easy to install and apparently it works pretty well.

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR6

VIC, Australia

ben99 wrote:
Ok just bought a K&N panel filter so the engine is breathing a tad bit better, but should be getting a CAI next, i'm thinking of a SS inductions big mouth, easy to install and apparently it works pretty well.

I've thought about the ss big mouth too but a few people off the forums have told me the xr6t standard intake snorkel is equivalent.

EL XR6 first car: fresh respray, tickford kit, debadged, 19in silver agents, SSL's.
Build thread: the-garage-f53/my-first-car-el-xr6-respray-and-kitted-soon-t109269.html

Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

fez_k wrote:
ben99 wrote:

I've thought about the ss big mouth too but a few people off the forums have told me the xr6t standard intake snorkel is equivalent.

yea. can even do a home-job on the front of the air box. ther is a few threads around about it.

oh and thers nothin "sporty" about the btr 4speed. :lol: :lol:

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:18 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

okay decide to get a xr6T snorkel which i got this morning from my local Ford dealer for $57, not bad considering i live in the middle of nowhere.
very simple install, takes longer to get my tool kit out.
@ Benny D, am checking out DIY designs and probs do that next, and true nothing sporty about a 4spd. But at least theres only 3 shifts(perfect for one as lazy as myself) 8-)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

okay today i replaced the side mounds with chrome strips from my local supercheap auto, feel free to comment on it. It looked naked with 1 strip so i added another to give it a GT stripe look p.s. still trying to get off the old doublesided tape.

I will be spraying the old mound white just incase the new strips fall off or i decide i don't like them :roll:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]