Fordmods Logo

My EBII Transformer..... Its Alive....mwahahahaha 

Page 7 of 39 [ 579 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 39  Next

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ebII

VIC, Australia

haha yeh its all about the prep!!! thats wat the painter got through to me about.... dont dodge any corners they'll all come bak to hurt you... dont worry bout the hyandai and nissan they just make me love my ford more

eb gli 2 re sprayed in biscayne blue with sprint front lip ed xr front au series 3 side skirts sprint lip smoothed out boot garnish darkened tail lights el mirrors door handles au repeaters 17 wheels dumpd
my build thread = http://www.fordmods.com/forums/e-series ... 66209.html

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Boxcar Love

QLD, Australia

LOL, yeah the prep is where its at.

It was always drummed into my head aswell, but once i get a few beers in, i get lazy.

Commodore australia's favorite car??? What a load of s**t

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hahaha true that at work after rubbin for hours your like meh that wont matter but it does its hard work bt all pays off

eb gli 2 re sprayed in biscayne blue with sprint front lip ed xr front au series 3 side skirts sprint lip smoothed out boot garnish darkened tail lights el mirrors door handles au repeaters 17 wheels dumpd

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Yeah man. When i do mine i might take a few weeks of work so i can do it alot easier. If i'm not working, i won't get sick of it as easy.

Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeh good idea i cant do that my cars at work haha but each time i see it when i work i wanna go work on it

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Hey hey.

It appears that my car doesn't really like the resistor trick on the ecu, so this morning i purchased a manual EF ecu of ebay. I should see it next week.

I played around with the cruise today, stripped the old buttons and loom out of the airbag wheel, and plugged them in. I wanted to test it before i butcher the buttons to add in my own wherever i want them, but it wouldn't work.

I found out from BENJ, that there is a sensor in the cruise fitted cars in the brake master, and my GLI didn't have that. So i sorted this out, but it still won't go. I'm hoping the new ECU may fix this, as mine is stuck in limp mode because of the resistors.

If not, what else could it be? Do the modules stop working?

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hey did u get around to doin that garnish yet ?

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

I started on another one i had spare. its got so far 2 light coats of filler in the badge holes. I'm also thinking about deleting the indentation around the number plate hole part. Not sure, but i tihnk it might look ok. I don't have any pics yet though. :(

Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Just finished converting all the courtesy lights to LED. I did the steer column light, top interior light, and the light in the rear of the console that lights the rear floor. I will add the rear overheads and the footwell lights out of the Fairmont this week, and do them in LED aswell.

It looks so good, gives a real spooky feel to the car, its mad. But for some reason it doesn't seem to photograph very well. I still don't really know entirely how to use my camera.

Also got a EL intake today, just have to get some stainless 3" this week to fit it all up, and the hotplate intake will be gone. WOOHOO.

Andrew.

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont II

VIC, Australia

should have gone with BA intake :P

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hey should put up pics of progress im spewin i didnt on mine... im with effII should got a ba one

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 2021 Amarok V6

SA, Australia

PIMP_LTD wrote:
Haha yes the shifter is rediculously high! Funny thing is though, i never really thought it was so tall until i did the swap, now it just looks huge.

I was initially going to pull it off at work and cut and weld it, howver i have been thinking about making a custom one on the lathe. Trying to think of a cool design.

We'll see what i come up with,

Thanks for you comments mate.

Andrew.

my mate made one up on the lathe from a solid piece of aluminium. the whole shafts about 1 1/2 inches wide except for the bit that goes under the boot. (thick shaft is about 4-5 inches long from memory, and the whole stick probably 6-7 inches.) he also removed the rubbers from the bottom where the shaft connects to the gearbox, so now its a nice solid "click, click" when you shift gears. it came up pretty nice actually.

2021 V6 Manual Amarok - 245kw/750nm - many goodies
1997 EL Fairmont Ghia 4.0 - Heritage Green & Cappa
2010 Suzuki GSX650F - when I want to be silly

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

alfy wrote:

my mate made one up on the lathe from a solid piece of aluminium. the whole shafts about 1 1/2 inches wide except for the bit that goes under the boot. (thick shaft is about 4-5 inches long from memory, and the whole stick probably 6-7 inches.) he also removed the rubbers from the bottom where the shaft connects to the gearbox, so now its a nice solid "click, click" when you shift gears. it came up pretty nice actually.

Hmmm, thats sounds good. I have some alloy there, might do this on weekend, i forgot all about the shifter. LOL.

As for the BA intake, i'm not so sure about the whole sausage thing on the side of it :D

Haha, i really just wanted a sinlge tube, just to have the tennis racket gone. :)

Will post pics when i do it this weekend

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

sweet comin along nice

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Hey Hey.

As i said the other day, i did the courtesy lights in LED. However i forgot that the Front footwell lights are already there, due to the dash out of the Fairmont being in, duh Andrew, lol.

So i just finished doing them in LED. I fitted 3 Leds to each side, and pionted them like downlights. I took a few pics of the dash leds, and the courtesy lights, but as i said i suck at using my camera, this is the best i could catch them.
This is from the back, showing rear footwell light, and the top light, with new AU clear cover, not the silly milky E series one.
This is the front footwells look.
This is the cluster
And this is overall pic from outside the car.

I just can't seem to get my camera to take the photos properly. It looks so much better than in the photos.

Hopefully this weekend i will fit the rear map lights aswell, and maybe even a new roof lining. WOOT.

andrew.

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 39  [ 579 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 39  Next