Fordmods Logo

My ED Ghia 

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: ED Mont Ghia, Finally own one.
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:46 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: 1994 ford fairmont ED

WA, Australia

Hey all, ive got my trans service kit and big trans cooler ready to put in the Ghia to keep the transmission going for a bit longer and while the bar is off ill try and mock up the front lip.

In a few weeks the car will be going in the garage to be stripped down, sanded, primed then painted going in green coming out red. cant wait.

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:08 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

Just finished a little project for the Ghia. changed the console lid to a EL one looks so much better just needs bit of a clean now. Pics

Old one

New one

Next is the parcel shelf, the ghia one is nice because its leather but the previous owner ruined it by cutting it up and putting big speakers on it. So the parcel shelf out of the EL is going in its place.Just need to find some speakers to fill in the holes

Old leather parcel shelf

New parcel shelf

After taking the rear seat out all i saw under it was shattered glass and $2. Nothing great but cant complain bout 2bux

Also then decided to get the EL shifter knob in the Ghia as well, looks alot better than the old square looking one

Old one

New one

I think its a little stained but oh well looks much better.

Thats it for now hehe :)
Cheers

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:02 am 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

Well the progress on getting this resprayed has been very slow as ive taken on another cashie full respray with a XR Kit and its taking a while with the heat.

Little things that ive been doing is resprayed the 3.45 LSD Diff gloss black. Painted the towball stuff satin black so it blends in with the paint. Prepping EL mirrors and door handles.

Im currently on the lookout for EF-EL Fairmont/Ghia door trims as ill be picking up chrome interior door handles to make it more classy inside, I should also be picking up a new bonnet, bootlid and rear bumper as mine are all sh**.

Also had a look at the tranny cooler I got and its pretty big so going to have to move some of the aircon stuff at the front to make it fit then use the old tranny cooler for something dont know yet.

Actually cant wait to get the new bonnet so then I can start chopping up mine for the bonnet vents to see if im going to like the idea or not.

Anyways thats it for now. :D

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:38 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

My car has a different front end, and im really liking it.

Also got my much bigger trans cooler on and working good , will get pics of that later. The old one was half covered up by the bumper so the new one no sits lower so will benefit the openings in the front bumper

My new door handles, Now just need to get some EF/EL grey fairmont ghia trims with woodgrain to really set it off

Thats it for now :)

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:23 am 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

Update Time.

Well ive go the 2 front door trims in with the chrome handles and they look so good, I only have a picture of the drivers side.

Something I also did was shave my Airbox Lid

I also installed the bigger trans cooler

And I'll be getting the LSD installed in a couple of weeks

Now I just need to sort out a leaking thermostat, Fun Fun :)

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: XG

VIC, Australia

looking good mate, door trims is something on my to do list also, easy mod hey?

XG Ute - 3 Seater - Auto - Dual Fuel

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: 1997 EL XR6

Power: 180 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Apart from the paint on the roof, the Ghia looks awsome. Great base car to start with... T5 would look good in there too :)

MGW Short Throw Shifter, CVE Cam, CVE Head, SS Big Mouth Air Intake, Pacemaker Headers, 3" Exhaust, 3" Varex, 3" Cat, 19" Silver Agents, EMS Stinger 4424, 42lb Injectors and Walbro 255lb Fuel Pump

Next: Pacemaker Comps, 6 Individual Throttle Bodies, ICE Coil and ignition

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:45 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

Thanks for the replies.

The door trims would of been easy if I did it the proper way. I was told I would need to remove the door latch and pull the door rod out that way, but I ended up cutting the old door rod and then cutting the new one to fit in, Thats for the door handles.

The trims were much easier just had to move a couple of plastic plugs and screws up except for the inside where the speaker sits all that inside edge has a different screw position ( if that makes sense)

Im now in the process of a secret colour choice, all my friends think im doing it the metallic red thats on that guard that I posted in my threads

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:59 am 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

Latest mod isnt really a mod I just changed rims over from my silver ED.

From this car

To this car

Not sure really may look into a different set of rims to really suit the "secret" paint scheme.

Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:00 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

3.45 LSD is in and running great. Its much better to drive now.

Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:46 am 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

The latest things that have been happening with this car is, I took the passenger skirt off and found a huge spot of rust My fingers pretty much disappeared in the hole.

I then cleaned it up abit put some rust converter stuff in it as thats all i had, I found an old ea guard that I had lying around and decided to use that to cut up and make a piece to fit in.

( this is just temporary till I get new sills)
After that was fitted, I begun the bogging Just to fill it all and make it look like one piece again, I dont have any pics of the bog but heres one with the primer over the top. While sanding the sill back I also noticed more lil rust bubbles on the sill but just filled em with bog

I've also primed up the EL fuel flap and EA guard bump strips to get them ready to go on the car, as well as my newer bootlid with bobtail spoiler cant wait to fit it all up.

Another lil mod I did was cut some holes in my airbox lid as I had a spare one and installed a pod inside the box just to see if there was much difference, I've noticed a little difference but not a whole lot. I tried to make it look a bit like the BA-BF-FG Growler intake.

The latest is ive recieved a pair of front slotted rotors still with plenty of meat on them to go on very soon, should help with braking. Painted Satin Black.

And last but not least ive installed all the stereo gear from the other ED into this one sounds so much better and I have radio hahaha. Im also installing SMD LED's throughout the interior to brighten up the inside no pics of that yet crappy weather.

So thats where Im up to on the Ghia. Hopefully more to come soon. Hope you all enjoy :)

Post subject: Re: My ED Ghia
Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:37 am 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

Well heres a couple of pics of the "new" wheels.

These are just the factory fitted option rims. I couldnt be bothered cleaning them up properly so instead I painted them and polished the lip and I think they look great.

This is what they looked like to begin with.

Thats about it for now, until I get a new bonnet then I can start with the body mods. Inside is fine for now I have just recently installed SMD LED's throughout the interior to brighten it up and it looks really good. Even the dash lights got done as well. Dont have any pics of the interior yet, will get around to it.

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:07 am 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

Well theres a few small updates of recent.

First off I got bored one day and painted the side mould strips gloss black, looks ok for now.

And also recieved a engine cover finally, will be painting it a pretty sweet colour, wont post what it is yet i like to keep people guessing.

Also ive decided to sell my other ED Mont so will use some of the funds from that to buy a new bonnet and grill and give the car a service and possibly buy a 3" dump tip, then ill be getting the front slotted discs installed with green stuff pads to help me stop better than I am now.

Now im deciding whether or not to put my shift kit in the car. Also when the car is in getting the discs done ill see about getting the rear sway bar bushes replaced as they are rooted.

Well thats it for now, more to come soon. :)

Cheers

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

may i ask how did you put the strips that you painted black back on the car ?

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:57 pm 
Smokin em up

WA, Australia

I just masked up the bump strips and painted them black, nothing big.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next