Getting Side Ways

Ride: FG Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ900R

VIC, Australia

Been a while since ive updated this thread so better get to it

I've done a few subtle mods to her since my last post they include

*EL twin thermo conversion
*AU XR8 snorkel
*Koni adjustible shocks
*superlow springs (front) ultra low springs (rear)
*MSD dizzy cap
*MSD blaster coil
*Super Pro shim type camber kit
*replaced wheel bearings, all ball joints, nolothane bushes etc
*got the front resprayed which looks a million bucks (no more stone chips)
*BPT 3 piece underdrive pulleys
*AU3 rocker covers painted black
*Phillips +100 globes
*Car alarm/immobiliser

What im wanting is it to look relatively stock but a bit more enjoyable to drive and cruise in. I was quite impressed with how the car handled stock but now this thing is just fricken ridicolous, hard to believe your in a big old falcon. I've also managed to collect quite a few magazines, articles, brochures, and posters from back in 93/94 in regards to the sprint. Heres a few pics of how she is currently

The Past: EF Fairmont, EL Fairmont 5.0, HR Special, NF Fairlane 5.0, GSX 250-F, BA II XR8, VS3 Ute, VS2 L67 Calais

The Present: FG Egas Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ 900R

Last edited by Burns on Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: My Garage including latest ediditon of 1994 ED XR8 Sprint
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:50 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Also picked up a new daily after selling my XR8 ute

Its a White 1998 VS III Holden S Commodore ute. It's lowered on supers (front) ultras (rear) on 18 inch CV8 monaro wheels. It's just an auto ecotech 6 on duel fuel so they don't get much slower then that but it's fine just as a daily/work hack and it's cheap to run. Has factory LSD and cruise control which is a bonus, also has a bit of a stezza, towbar, and statesman seats which are mighty comfy. One thing that kinda sucks is it's definately not as roomy as my old XR8 ute ( I'm 6 foot 4 and pitty those taller then me that have to drive these utes) I've taken a liking to AU XR8 utes of late and with there prices dropping in recent times it won't be long until I buy one (hopefully a series 3) and then I can sell the VS.

The Past: EF Fairmont, EL Fairmont 5.0, HR Special, NF Fairlane 5.0, GSX 250-F, BA II XR8, VS3 Ute, VS2 L67 Calais

Post subject: Re: My Garage including latest addition of 1994 ED XR8 Sprint
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

hahahaha awesome p plater cars man i love the look of that fairmont man looked awesome want those rims on mine.just need to get rid of mine first.and guys the sprint looks even better in person.

upload a pic of your rooted rim off the ute.wanna see the damage

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:02 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

hey mate seen that you used to own the el 5.0 fairmont, odd that i seen this on the net randomly because i just brought that car about a month ago! good car, needs lots of work tho, just done head gaskets! so she up for a top end re-build, nice collection you have there too :)

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Been way too long since Ive updated this thread, and havent really touched the sprint, driven it like 3 times this year. I did have a set of Simmons FR19's on it for a bit though.. pics

However I sold them and then realised how gorgeous this car looks on its factory wheels when I put them back on :)

I sold my VS ute as it was giving me the s**t and picked up a clean VSII Calais with an L67 supercharged V6 for my new daily. I'd only ever been in one L67 before and though it was a bit of a yawn but this VS loved it. I put it on a set of 17 inch internationals and then toyed with engine mods. I added a 10 psi pulley, cold air intake, 1.9 rr, hsv senator extahust, 3 inch intake pipe, gapped the plugs a little closer and got a memcal tune. The thing hammered! Out of all the cars I've owned the VS would of smoked any one of them off a set of lights by a long shot. Performance after about 100km/h was so so, but downlow it hauled a***. Pics..

However as with all 2nd generation commodores it began to cost me money.So I decided it was time for a new daily. I picked up an 09 FG ute in ego for a good price complete with EGAS, tow pack, Bluetooth, and ipod connectivity. I have added some 19inch G6ET wheels, tinted the windows, and added a chrome grille strip. I’ll lower it and that will be about it for the FG.
I really love the sprint but just haven’t had the time/motivation to drive it. Plus the more I think about it the more I want to keep it stock for obvious reasons. Thinking about looking for an EL2 XR8 and getting stuck into modding it :)
I’ll throw some pics up of the FG and try to post more often, cheers!

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

sloth88 wrote:
hey mate seen that you used to own the el 5.0 fairmont, odd that i seen this on the net randomly because i just brought that car about a month ago! good car, needs lots of work tho, just done head gaskets! so she up for a top end re-build, nice collection you have there too :)

Yeah seen it up on ebay I think it was, poor old girl. I was thinking about buying it back and fixing it up but it was just too far gone for me. I loved that car to bits and used to keep it in top notch. Too bad the guy I sold it too turned it into a hack. It has potential though thats for sure. In it's prime it went very well considering how s**t E7 heads and HO manifolds are haha. Keep me updated on how its going, would love to see it back in its prime one day soon.

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

pics of wheel as requested. Ths happened to two of them, but this wheel was worse

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3