My new 'blank canvas' 

Page 23 of 24 [ 357 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post subject: Re: My new 'blank canvas'
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

Not sure where carbon fiber came from (probably in the build thread, I can't see cause need to be member). I don't mind the carbon fiber look, so long as it's not over board with it. Doing it along the sleek trims I think looks nice. Personally I'm going to try the anodized red or maybe even color match to the car for my plastics. Will suit more once the leather seating goes in i guess.

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Almost every plastic bit on the interior is covered with 3m carbon fiber stickers

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: "08 XR6T Ute

QLD, Australia

I just registed with AFF purely to look at this car and a few other builds I've heard of lately..
Will have to check out this carbon fibre vinyl wrapped interior.
I agree with things being over done... Like dark argents/agents... They are a nice rim, but s**t... A little over used. It's looses that special something if its the same as everyone else's...
I'm looking into less common things for my car... Actually found a lot of inspiration in commies and rivers believe it or not... So will wait and see how that pans out for me :)

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Haha commies :P You going to put hectic flames up the sides?? ;)

Man my back is killing me, been sanding for the last hour and a bit (one rim has nearly the entire outer lip gutter rashed.... sanded that down so it was smooth and only little pock marks can be seen which won't be too bad with primer filler)

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Can't believe I can get 0 gauge cheaper from overseas... It's s**t how expensive it is

But because of the lengths I'll need, it's going to be cheaper to get it here... Still expensive though.
Have to mock it all up first and run string through the car to measure it all up... :/ no music for a few days at least... :(

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:45 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2009 Ford Falcon FG XT

VIC, Australia

Hey FordAUte!

Just quickly been through your thread - i'm liking the whole growler idea - thinking about putting one in my car! Would you be able to upload some pics of it and of the whole car? Wanna see how it's looking!

My 2009 Ford Falcon FG XT

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

hmm I don't know what I have of the engine bay but I am currently just going through my photos now, so I will see what I can dig up for you.

the growler is great, but for the price its really not something I would recommend. I only did it cause I found one second hand, from a bloke that was wrecking his written off F6 ute. I find it looks good and adds a bit of induction noise, both of which I like. in terms of a power/performance upgrade, Krazed and I went to Willowbank raceway on the same night with our FG's (both identical except for some optional extras - I have reverse sensors and he had a towbar still at that point I believe). We ran very similar times all night, though as it got a bit colder I ran a 14.949 against his 15.1-ish (memory is failing me). so given he had a towbar mounted up to his car (added weight), I would say that it did very little to be honest. but each to their own... im glad I have one, but I just think that they are expensive to buy brand new.

ill have a look for those photos now...

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

That's the last cruise I did with my car and my camera, back in April... though the car doesn't look or go any different now.

I don't believe I have any of the engine bay at the moment, sorry about that. I will see if I can get a few tomorrow, though my engine bay is absolutely filthy at the moment.

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Attachment:
IMG_0081.JPG

Pic of the growler for ya ;)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Cheers Keegan :)

Mines the same except for the big mouth on the front bar... I don't have one of those.

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:08 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Wow! Looking really good man! Love it! Good work! Like the look of the 300C wheels too :P

Yeah if I were to get a growler, it'd have to be a second hand one - and not so much for the 'slight' performance upgrade, but for the extra noise it would give the car.

Thanks for the pics! Looking good!

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

yeah im really surprised how well the 300c wheels looked on the car, was a bargain buy at $200 for all 4 (only thing missing was one center cap - as you can see in the pictures).
thanks for the comments, it is a nice looking car, would love to get the XR kit on it... but just too much money for it. Again, would only do it second hand and if I found it in red for a reasonable price.

though I believe a new car might be coming for me in the near future, I miss having a ute...

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Haha nah it suits your car really well! Yeah I know what you mean with the XR kit, I'd love to have the G6E kit on my car, but like you said, money wise, it's probably not worth it

But yeah no problems man!

What ute's are you looking at? I wanna try save up for one of the last 2016 build Falcons

Posted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

yeah the kit would give me just a touch more drop (make it illegally low but), which would make it look nice and respectable at car meets 8-) lol

I personally love the look of the FG's, so I would be happy upgrading to an FG XR6T ute ideally. but I don't see that happening for some time.
Im looking to take a decent downgrade in power in an attempt to defend my license, got my second spending fine the other weekend... thought it was an 80 zone, turns out it wasn't :| so im looking to do a bit of minitruckin, maybe with a 2005 model turbo diesel courier. But just ideas for now, have to get the finances sorted ASAP, then figure out where to go from there as I also want to develop a decent savings account to aid in a first home deposit. but once again, just ideas for now...

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

FordAUte wrote:
yeah the kit would give me just a touch more drop (make it illegally low but), which would make it look nice and respectable at car meets 8-) lol

I personally love the look of the FG's, so I would be happy upgrading to an FG XR6T ute ideally. but I don't see that happening for some time.
Im looking to take a decent downgrade in power in an attempt to defend my license, got my second spending fine the other weekend... thought it was an 80 zone, turns out it wasn't :| so im looking to do a bit of minitruckin, maybe with a 2005 model turbo diesel courier. But just ideas for now, have to get the finances sorted ASAP, then figure out where to go from there as I also want to develop a decent savings account to aid in a first home deposit. but once again, just ideas for now...

Hahaha I know what you mean, but hey, it still looks pretty great anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much!

And I know what you mean in regards to saving money and all that! Have you thought about waiting for the next/last falcon model ute?

Sort by  
 Page 23 of 24  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next